+ Reply to Thread
Page 40 of 375 FirstFirst ... 3038394041425090140 ... LastLast

Thread: President Trump

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Re: President Trump

Quote Originally Posted by DawgyNWindow View Post
    Funny that you do not apply this standard to all the "alleged" Trump stories. Asking Comey to go easy on Flint is not a crime because there was no "or else" involved with the request (if the request even happened). Colluding with the Russias isn't even a crime. Giving Russia a piece of classified intelligence is not against the law, because the president can declassify stuff. If you don't see this entire exercise is just an attempt to stop Trump from implementing his agenda and ruin his presidency, you have been reading too much fake news.

I have no doubts that Obama colluded with the Muslim Brotherhood (no proof, but that doesn't seem to matter any more), and that he conspired against Netanyahu (an ally) in Israel, and made secret deals with Iran that were in direct opposition of US interests, but i suppose technically no laws were violated.
    I didn't say they were crimes - though the Flynn one comes close to obstruction of justice.

Champ RhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond repute RhythmDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    I didn't say they were crimes - though the Flynn one comes close to obstruction of justice.
    I'm not trying to get into all the discussion leading up to this post, but on a similar note regarding your opinion of the Flynn issue, how do you feel about Bill and Lynch on the tarmac?

Champ saltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your time saltydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RhythmDawg View Post
    I'm not trying to get into all the discussion leading up to this post, but on a similar note regarding your opinion of the Flynn issue, how do you feel about Bill and Lynch on the tarmac?
    How do you feel about it?

"All roads lead to Putin" -- Thomas Jefferson

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

What did they talk about?

Her account was that they talked about Brexit and grandchildren and nothing inappropriate. If that is true, then there was no crime. Maybe stupid since it increases the odds that someone will speculate that something improper was done. Is there another account?

But, according to the latest accounts Comey unilaterally ended the investigation due to "special circumstances" - fake news that the IC was going to feel the need to debunk, but in doing so would require revealing sources and methods.

But, if Bill pressured her to not bring charges against HRC, that would be similar to the situation between Trump and Comey regardjng Flynn.

Champ DawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond repute DawgyNWindow's Avatar

Her account was that they talked about Brexit and grandchildren and nothing inappropriate. If that is true, then there was no crime. Maybe stupid since it increases the odds that someone will speculate that something improper was done. Is there another account?

But, according to the latest accounts Comey unilaterally ended the investigation due to "special circumstances" - fake news that the IC was going to feel the need to debunk, but in doing so would require revealing sources and methods.

But, if Bill pressured her to not bring charges against HRC, that would be similar to the situation between Trump and Comey regardjng Flynn.
    So you supposedly base your opinions on there being a lot of "smoke" involved with Trump, but in no way will you suspend your partisan brainwashing to see that something is burning out of control here? There is no reason to "reason" with you, because there is no reasoning behind your beliefs.

Quote Originally Posted by DawgyNWindow View Post
    So you supposedly base your opinions on there being a lot of "smoke" involved with Trump, but in no way will you suspend your partisan brainwashing to see that something is burning out of control here? There is no reason to "reason" with you, because there is no reasoning behind your beliefs.
    In the case of Trump - there are sources reporting what was said, and what was said according to the reports is bad. That is more than smoke.

In the case of Bill - the only accounts of what was said (Lynch) were not bad. Maybe a little smoke, but it seems to disappear a great deal with the latest accounts that suggest Comey unilaterally ended the investigation without advising Lynch.

Champ RhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond repute RhythmDawg's Avatar

I've heard no other account. But it was reported that they tried to keep the meeting secret and no reporters were supposed to know the meeting happened. Does that matter to you?

Quote Originally Posted by saltydawg View Post
    I find it very suspicious that they wanted the meeting kept secret and, the explanation of what was said when asked, and how it was stated, seemed like lies to me. But I have no idea other than what was said. It just looked bad. they could have discussed Brexit golf and grandchildren for 45 minutes on a phone call. It was a stupid move if that's all they talked about...and they aren't stupid. why the need for the attempted secrecy? Why take a chance? I believe there was a reason. But I should just take their word for it?

I've heard no other account. But it was reported that they tried to keep the meeting secret and no reporters were supposed to know the meeting happened. Does that matter to you?
    Yeah, it does matter in sorting out whether there was actual impropriety or the appearance of impropriety. One is illegal and the other is just a mistake and a "black eye" on the DOJ. Yeah, it shouldn't have happened given the circumstances surrounding the investigation of HRC.

Are the reports that Bill initiated the meeting? Who allegedly insisted on secrecy?

Champ brtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond repute brtransplant's Avatar

Yeah, it does matter in sorting out whether there was actual impropriety or the appearance of impropriety. One is illegal and the other is just a mistake and a "black eye" on the DOJ. Yeah, it shouldn't have happened given the circumstances surrounding the investigation of HRC.

Are the reports that Bill initiated the meeting? Who allegedly insisted on secrecy?
    Either you're a dyed in the wool democrat that is ok with anything a friggin Clinton does, or you're the most naive person I've ever seen.

Quote Originally Posted by brtransplant View Post
    Either you're a dyed in the wool democrat that is ok with anything a friggin Clinton does, or you're the most naive person I've ever seen.
    You hoarding tin foil too?

This is from a CNN article:
    "According to a law enforcement official familiar with the matter, the former president saw Lynch's plane on the tarmac and walked onto her aircraft. Lynch's FBI security detail did not stop Clinton and he proceeded to initiate an extended conversation..."

The FBI were quoted as saying, "no photos, no pictures, no cell phones" to a journalist who got a tip on the meeting and tried to cover it.

This is from a CNN article:
    "According to a law enforcement official familiar with the matter, the former president saw Lynch's plane on the tarmac and walked onto her aircraft. Lynch's FBI security detail did not stop Clinton and he proceeded to initiate an extended conversation..."

The FBI were quoted as saying, "no photos, no pictures, no cell phones" to a journalist who got a tip on the meeting and tried to cover it.
    Are you talking about this guy's report?

http://www.abc15.com/news/region-pho...ely-in-phoenix

Curious why he didn't mention the "no photos..." instruction bit in his report.

Interestingly, that tarmac meeting was the "capper" that caused the FBI to reopen the investigation.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.bus...-emails-2017-5

"I'm not picking on the attorney general, Loretta Lynch, who I like very much, but her meeting with President Clinton on that airplane was the capper for me," Comey said. "And I then said, 'You know what? The department cannot, by itself, credibly end this.'"

The meeting happened days before Comey held a press conference to announce the conclusion of the investigation, at which he said the bureau would not recommend criminal charges but that the former secretary of state had acted recklessly by using the private server.

Comey said he called Lynch the morning of the press conference to alert her to his decision to hold it. But Comey said he would not tell her what he was planning to say.

"I said to her, 'I hope someday you'll understand why I think I have to do this,'" Comey said. "But look, I was not loving this. I knew this would be disastrous for me personally. But I thought this is the best way to protect these institutions we care so much about."

Are you talking about this guy's report?

http://www.abc15.com/news/region-pho...ely-in-phoenix

Curious why he didn't mention the "no photos..." instruction bit in his report.
    Nope. I'll see if I can find it again.

Edit: there are several. Here is one. http://www.mediaite.com/tv/reporter-...inton-meeting/

Then there's this... http://nypost.com/2016/10/03/book-de...hillary-skate/. But I admit the NYPost isn't the most unbiased of sources...but what is these days?
    Last edited by RhythmDawg; 05-29-2017 at 08:42 PM.

+ Reply to Thread