+ Reply to Thread
Page 91 of 375 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293101141191 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,365 of 5613

Thread: President Trump

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Re: President Trump

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    Only a narcissist would tweet something with so little tact.

Sorry, am I being judgemental?
    Maybe, did you at least first try to put yourself in his shoes without judgment?

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    Maybe, did you at least first try to put yourself in his shoes without judgment?
    Yes, and I probably would not have said what he said, but him not being constantly untactful (brutally honest) is one reason he was elected.

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Yes, and I probably would not have said what he said, but him not being constantly untactful (brutally honest) is one reason he was elected.
    He needs constant praise. It is one of the aspects of his personality that makes him dangerous.

Champ DawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond repute DawgyNWindow's Avatar

Ok, but why did Trump tweet: “Do you think the three UCLA Basketball Players will say thank you President Trump? They were headed for 10 years in jail!”?

What was his motivation for such a tweet?
    Well, our previous narcissist would have called it a "teachable moment" and had the press fawning all over his ignorance and people fainting at the sight of him

But Trump...hey, this is one I wish he would not have done (there are others). Sometimes I wish he would think before tweeting, but it got him elected so I guess you could say I am wrong here and he is right

Quote Originally Posted by DawgyNWindow View Post
    Well, our previous narcissist would have called it a "teachable moment" and had the press fawning all over his ignorance and people fainting at the sight of him

But Trump...hey, this is one I wish he would not have done (there are others). Sometimes I wish he would think before tweeting, but it got him elected so I guess you could say I am wrong here and he is right
    He can’t control himself. He needs to be stroked. It is part of his NPD.

His inability to control this psychological fixation is one of the things that makes him dangerous as POTUS.

Champ DawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond repute DawgyNWindow's Avatar

He needs constant praise. It is one of the aspects of his personality that makes him dangerous.
    OK, here is what I had to do when Obama was elected.

Obama was a tremendous narcissist. One of the biggest I've ever seen. Used to irk me to no end, especially when he gave the ipod to the queen with his photos and speeches on it.

I wanted him out of there...impeached.

But, I had to ask myself, if he was elected to the position by the rest of the country, then am I not being a bigger narcissist to think that I know better than every one else and that my opinion (and millions like me) held more sway than the process that put him in office (greek columns and nose in the air and everything)? And if he were to be removed from office just because others did not like him, wouldn't this be the end of the country as we know it? Do you really think the establishment political class should be able to remove someone from an elected office just because they view him as a danger (when many many others do not)?

Perhaps you should ask yourself these questions, too.

The narcissistic trait itself is not the problem - it is the underlying psychological condition that cause his narcissism, lack of impulse control, lack of empathy and antisocial behaviors that is the problem. All politicians are narcissists.

The narcissistic trait itself is not the problem - it is the underlying psychological condition that cause his narcissism, lack of impulse control, lack of empathy and antisocial behaviors that is the problem. All politicians are narcissists.
    And this is EXACTLY what I felt about Obama.

Doesn't change my mind.

I don't feel like I need to save everyone from themselves, or that I am smarter and more capable of figuring out what is best for everyone. I think the entire left is projecting itself on Trump, who is no more narcissistic than any other CEO, CFO or business leader I've ever met (and that's been a bunch).

And this is EXACTLY what I felt about Obama.

Doesn't change my mind.

I don't feel like I need to save everyone from themselves, or that I am smarter and more capable of figuring out what is best for everyone. I think the entire left is projecting itself on Trump, who is no more narcissistic than any other CEO, CFO or business leader I've ever met (and that's been a bunch).
    It is not the degree of narcissism that is the issue (though I can’t think of anyone that truly rivals Trump in this regard) - but the disorder that gives rise to the confluence of traits that are typical of NPD under the DSM. Even if Obama was an extreme narcissist, he didn’t have NPD.

It is not the degree of narcissism that is the issue (though I can’t think of anyone that truly rivals Trump in this regard) - but the disorder that gives rise to the confluence of traits that are typical of NPD under the DSM. Even if Obama was an extreme narcissist, he didn’t have NPD.
    Oh, I see.

You are an expert on psychology and need to save all of us that don't see it the way you do. NPD anyone?

I know you have spoken of a book numerous times where all these learned men (and women) discuss Trump and his NPD and how much of a danger he is. Of course, you could also just as likely get as many or more learned men (and women) to say he does not have NPD and is not a danger. And then most of the real learned men and women will tell you that you cannot properly diagnose NPD unless you have had sessions with the patient.

I ignore all the e-mails and links to stuff that say "so and so is really in for it now after so and so said such and such and all their history is revealed" because they are all bogus. I could send you thousands saying Hillary was dying and would be in prison in a few months. Maybe that would work for you.

Oh, I see.

You are an expert on psychology and need to save all of us that don't see it the way you do. NPD anyone?
    I am not an expert on psychology, but it appears I have spent more time learning about it than you guys.

I fit 2 of the 9 factors at best. Trump is a poster boy for all of them.

Yeah, if you read the book they don’t all diagnose him as NPD - some say they would actually need to have him as a patient while others comment that we actually have more material to review than most professionals ever get from a patient from the public record alone - but even those that won’t go as far as making a diagnosis agree at the dangerousness of his behavioral patterns.

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

Those 3 basketball players are very lucky that Trump is our president. Hussein Obama would have let them die in a chinese prison. He let a marine stay in a Mexican prison for a year and they held him on a bogus charge. Hussein Obama was a worthless president that never did anything except stir up race relations.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DONW View Post
    Those 3 basketball players are very lucky that Trump is our president. Hussein Obama would have let them die in a chinese prison. He let a marine stay in a Mexican prison for a year and they held him on a bogus charge. Hussein Obama was a worthless president that never did anything except stir up race relations.
    According to some it would have been better for them to die than to give Trump another platform to show off his NPD. How dare he!

According to some it would have been better for them to die than to give Trump another platform to show off his NPD. How dare he!
    I would be all for him displaying his NPD if I thought it would help you guys figure out he has a problem, but I lose faith in humanity a little bit more each day.

+ Reply to Thread