+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Disappointed

Champ LATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Disappointed

1. UTSA doesn't generate fan interest in the first place - Strike 1.
    2. The game was a blowout. Strike 2.
    3. If the game was going to turn into a close game in the 4th, it meant witnessing an epic collapse. Strike 3.

Can't blame em for leaving.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

None of this matters now, guys. Right now, the only thing that matters is for LA Tech to come out of this season with a CUSA CHAMPIONSHIP. Yes, our conference is loaded with Western whatchamacallits and Middle whoevers in it, but it's better to be AHEAD of those people than behind them.

Get a couple of more titles like this and who knows, if we get lucky, we could end up in the AAC. That would be much, much, better for LA Tech.

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dixonfor6 View Post
    Hey hey hey guys...not everyone cares about football like us. Most Greeks write us off because we aren't big time. When we beat an Arkansas to start the year (maybe one day) we will anchor down these "whatever" fans.
    Tech Greek mantra

Bros before... Tech athletics

Champ T1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond repute

It's something else. Nobody cared about Boise St, Fresno St, Hawaii, Nevada. Nobody cared about Miss State. Nobody cared about Southern Miss, MTSU, WKU. We need more people to care about La Tech, imo.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    None of this matters now, guys. Right now, the only thing that matters is for LA Tech to come out of this season with a CUSA CHAMPIONSHIP. Yes, our conference is loaded with Western whatchamacallits and Middle whoevers in it, but it's better to be AHEAD of those people than behind them.

Get a couple of more titles like this and who knows, if we get lucky, we could end up in the AAC. That would be much, much, better for LA Tech.
    That's what we said about C-USA. Then we got here and the quality tanked.

But yea. Dont have to outrun the bear.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Imagine being Lafayette right now. They went from SRO crowds of 50K to LaMonroe size crowds.

Bottom of the barrel teams right there.

Varsity Bulldog collinellis is a jewel in the roughcollinellis is a jewel in the roughcollinellis is a jewel in the roughcollinellis is a jewel in the roughcollinellis is a jewel in the roughcollinellis is a jewel in the roughcollinellis is a jewel in the roughcollinellis is a jewel in the roughcollinellis is a jewel in the roughcollinellis is a jewel in the roughcollinellis is a jewel in the rough

Greeks make up like 10% of the student population. I don't think student attendance/staying can be put squarely on their backs. Other students are just as much to blame. As far as being a Tech alum/fan or an LSU fan as some others have claimed is a university and state problem, not just Greeks.

Champ Dogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond repute Dogsince65's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckK3 View Post
    Turning this to a POSITIVE thread...

Then there was this young man. I don't know if his dad or mom is on BB&B, but in case you see this...y'all are doing a GREAT job. This, my Bulldog brothers and sisters is a SUPER FAN...made his own signs, and never sat down the whole game (that I saw, anyway). I was inspired for sure...

Attachment 13762
    That my friend is my Grandson --Sportsdawg is his dad. He goes to ALL the games ( 2 bowls-couple road game ULL-NT and all home games ) . He makes most of the BB games with us. for all my faults I have done a great job of having family support Tech. 3 brothers- son -granddaughter starts next yr at Tech ( with 18 Tech credits already) -- so you folks cut me a little slack

Champ Dogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond repute Dogsince65's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckK3 View Post
    Turning this to a POSITIVE thread...

Then there was this young man. I don't know if his dad or mom is on BB&B, but in case you see this...y'all are doing a GREAT job. This, my Bulldog brothers and sisters is a SUPER FAN...made his own signs, and never sat down the whole game (that I saw, anyway). I was inspired for sure...

Attachment 13762
    for those at NT game ( upper deck 40 yard line) that was same young man doing the cheers-- got a lot of support ,,,,proud of my die hard son and grandson

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Depends on what she was in to.....
    well I was about 100 pounds lighter and not as ugly as I am now .... now the students look so young!! I have grandkids their age .... knowing what I know now, I probably would have left more games early! you and I having flashbacks ( and fun) with this thread.... memories

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by collinellis View Post
    Greeks make up like 10% of the student population. I don't think student attendance/staying can be put squarely on their backs. Other students are just as much to blame. As far as being a Tech alum/fan or an LSU fan as some others have claimed is a university and state problem, not just Greeks.
    They are quite visible at games taking up a whole section. When they all leave, it's very noticeable.

Varsity Bulldog sportkid is a glorious beacon of lightsportkid is a glorious beacon of lightsportkid is a glorious beacon of lightsportkid is a glorious beacon of lightsportkid is a glorious beacon of lightsportkid is a glorious beacon of lightsportkid is a glorious beacon of lightsportkid is a glorious beacon of lightsportkid is a glorious beacon of lightsportkid is a glorious beacon of lightsportkid is a glorious beacon of light sportkid's Avatar

As a former Greek, things have change considerable since the late 80's - early 90's. We stayed til the end of the games and most other fraternities did too. I see a lot of those same people now sitting on the West side and they are die hard. I currently sit with several fraternity brothers and our families at the home games. It is a shame that tradition has changed.

Big Dog BearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by sportkid View Post
    As a former Greek, things have change considerable since the late 80's - early 90's. We stayed til the end of the games and most other fraternities did too. I see a lot of those same people now sitting on the West side and they are die hard. I currently sit with several fraternity brothers and our families at the home games. It is a shame that tradition has changed.
    I know when I went to school from 2009-2013, we had a large group of ACTS students who stayed the entire game. They didn't stay past half last year because of the rainstorm at the UNT game, but they still stayed for the entire Tulane game in 2014.

Varsity Bulldog ETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of light ETxBullDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post
    They are quite visible at games taking up a whole section. When they all leave, it's very noticeable.
    Also very noticeable are the other 5000+ empty seats that should be filled by the remaining 10,000+ non-greek students at Tech.

Varsity Bulldog collinellis is a jewel in the roughcollinellis is a jewel in the roughcollinellis is a jewel in the roughcollinellis is a jewel in the roughcollinellis is a jewel in the roughcollinellis is a jewel in the roughcollinellis is a jewel in the roughcollinellis is a jewel in the roughcollinellis is a jewel in the roughcollinellis is a jewel in the roughcollinellis is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by ETxBullDawg View Post
    Also very noticeable are the other 5000+ empty seats that should be filled by the remaining 10,000+ non-greek students at Tech.
    Exactly

+ Reply to Thread