+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Disappointed

Varsity Bulldog frogdog is a name known to allfrogdog is a name known to allfrogdog is a name known to allfrogdog is a name known to allfrogdog is a name known to allfrogdog is a name known to allfrogdog is a name known to allfrogdog is a name known to allfrogdog is a name known to allfrogdog is a name known to allfrogdog is a name known to all frogdog's Avatar

Disappointed

Congratulation to the football teams achievement with the CUSA West division Championship.
    I am angry about the students, apparently mainly what appeared to be Greek, sitting north of the student section and south of the visitors. The whole section just got up and left at the conclusion of the preserntation of the court. First, i found it to be rude and disrespectful to the team and coaches that have worked so hard and accomplished so much. It was quit apperent that they were there for the court and were probably no other reason. Secondly, it definitely cast Louisiana Tech Atheletics in a negative light in front of the CUSA commissioner who was in attendance. Third, it showed all who may have been watching via ESPN3 that there is disintrest and little respects among many of our students for our athletics. I find their actions to be in conflict of Louisiana Tech's core values of respect and loyalty, not to mentions just poor taste and rudeness. As an alumni and a parent I hope that the institution I love is stressing better behavior.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Re: Disapointed

UNT's student section stayed well into 4th quarter and they were getting beat
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ THEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond repute THEarmada's Avatar

What gets me is the Greeks are pretty much the only student organizations that can make their members do stuff. They make them attend all kinds of meetings and events yet choose not to make their members stay for homecoming.

Champ Tech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant future Tech52's Avatar

The students tend to stay... the greeks flock away.

They are pathetic.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Like we said 2 weeks ago. The west side is not the problem.

Puppy ShadowDog seems to have something between the earsShadowDog seems to have something between the earsShadowDog seems to have something between the earsShadowDog seems to have something between the earsShadowDog seems to have something between the earsShadowDog seems to have something between the earsShadowDog seems to have something between the earsShadowDog seems to have something between the ears ShadowDog's Avatar

This was my first home game to attend in years and I was disappointed with the student section. Admittedly, this was my first game on the grown up side tho... Do students still receive free admission?

I brought my dad to the game with me and we both noted how dweeby the Greeks looked... Millennials.

Champ DJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowDog View Post
    I brought my dad to the game with me and we both noted how dweeby the Greeks looked... Millennials.
    snowflakes

Champ GermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond repute GermDawg's Avatar

Same happened to the blue hairs on the west, stands were pretty empty after half.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Well, again, there was a core group of 50-60 students who did not leave early and stood the whole game. I stood with them again. Any of YOU snowflakes care to join us, you are quite welcome.

As for the Greeks, it was a mass exodus at the end the halftime activities. Not all of 'em left, but the vast majority did. Guess they had to get to a party somewhere...one with paddles: "Thank you sir! May I have another!?"

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Prediction.....

If in Shreveport the first weekend in December, there will be less than 25,000 in attendance.

Dedicated base 15,000. Dallas, east Texas, Shreveport(who don't come to Ruston)- 5,000. Students- 1,000. WKU- 1,000

Champ rabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond repute

I will tell you what has ruined the game for me.

1. Media timeouts
    2. Play reviews
    3. Bullshit penalties
    4. Clock stoppage after incomplete passes

The game is changed and I don't like attending it any more.

Bottom line it takes too long to play a game

Fwiw, my upperclassman daughter dates a Greek. She doesn't know why they leave early. She had school work to do and didn't attend the game.

I raised her right

I agree that the games take too long. Need the clock to run more. Crappy officiating doesn't help. Halftime could be shorter.

Champ Tech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant future Tech52's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    I agree that the games take too long. Need the clock to run more. Crappy officiating doesn't help. Halftime could be shorter.
    Halftime is fine

Champ Dixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond repute Dixonfor6's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rabiddawg View Post
    I will tell you what has ruined the game for me.

1. Media timeouts
    2. Play reviews
    3. Bullshit penalties
    4. Clock stoppage after incomplete passes

The game is changed and I don't like attending it any more.

Bottom line it takes too long to play a game

Fwiw, my upperclassman daughter dates a Greek. She doesn't know why they leave early. She had school work to do and didn't attend the game.

I raised her right
    Media timeouts suck the energy out of the game. When the first quarter takes an hour and we allow 9 third down conversions, it's hard to stay involved

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Should be open season on that azzhole in the red hat.

I have no problem with the clock stopping after an incomplete pass. The ball is "dead" when that happens.

But, don't get me started on pet peeves re: football. It'll turn into a long thread.

+ Reply to Thread