+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CUSA Championship

Champ TechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud of

CUSA Championship

So do we definitely host if we beat USM? What if ODU wins its last two and WKU somehow manages to lose to Marshall? How would we break a tie with ODU?

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Re: CUSA Championship

Quote Originally Posted by TechDawgMc View Post
    So do we definitely host if we beat USM? What if ODU wins its last two and WKU somehow manages to lose to Marshall? How would we break a tie with ODU?
    Sportdawg has posted it several times, but I could not find the link. Here is one...

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/.../tiebraker.pdf

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

As coach Holtz has stated... the only "IF" that matters is "IF" Louisiana Tech beats its next opponent. If we beat USM in two weeks, then Louisiana Tech is 100% guaranteed to HOST the CUSA Championship game on Dec 3rd.

Champ TechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    Sportdawg has posted it several times, but I could not find the link. Here is one...

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/.../tiebraker.pdf
    That's actually the link I've looked at -- it does appear to be old, though. There aren't any BCS rankings anymore. We'd have the same W/L and there's no HTH. So, assuming it goes to some kind of ranking. The CFP committee doesn't rank past 25. Not sure what kind of rankings could apply.

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

From last year http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/...reakers-15.pdf

CONFERENCE USA
    FOOTBALL CHAMPIONSHIP GAME HOSTING CRITERIA
    The teams with the highest regular season winning percentage based on overall Conference USA
    play are regular-season division champions and meet for the Conference Championship at the
    site of the team with the best regular-season Conference record. The following tie-breaker
    formula is used for the Conference USA Football Championship game:

Two-team tie to determine host
    1. Highest regular season winning percentage based on overall Conference USA
    play.
    2. If tied, head to head between tied teams.
    3. If still tied, team with the highest College Football Playoff (CFP) ranking going
    into final weekend of regular season and wins.
    4. If still tied, highest average computer ranking. I believe this is why coach scored on UTSA at the end of the game.

Two-team or multiple team tie for divisional champion

[Principle: If at any point the tie is broken in a multiple team tie, the remaining teams
    will begin the process again at #2.]
    1. Highest regular season winning percentage based on overall Conference USA
    play.

2. If tied, head to head between tied teams.

3. If still tied, highest winning percentage within division.

4. If still tied, compare records against divisional opponents in descending order of
    finish.

5. If still tied, compare records with common cross-divisional opponents.

6. If still tied, compare records against cross-divisional opponents in descending
    order of finish.

7. If still tied, team with highest CFP ranking.

8. If still tied, the representative will be the team that has not participated in the
    championship game most recently.

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

http://www.masseyratings.com/cf/compsum.htm

Team Record Consen Median Hi Low St.Dev CFP USA AP UCC MAS SAG COL BIL WOL

44 WKU 8-3 43.17 40.5 25 81 11.09 52 45
    53 Louisiana Tech 8-3 53.98 55.0 26 72 10.69 59 64
    71 Old Dominion 7-3 70.13 72.0 41 96 15.71 80 90

We own all tiebreakers currently - Head-to-head with WKU & Computer with ODU. We must win at USM.

Varsity Bulldog sportkid is a glorious beacon of lightsportkid is a glorious beacon of lightsportkid is a glorious beacon of lightsportkid is a glorious beacon of lightsportkid is a glorious beacon of lightsportkid is a glorious beacon of lightsportkid is a glorious beacon of lightsportkid is a glorious beacon of lightsportkid is a glorious beacon of lightsportkid is a glorious beacon of lightsportkid is a glorious beacon of light sportkid's Avatar

Do we know the game time for the championship game?

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Again, I am already in BIG TIME trouble, especially if the game is in Shreveport. Saturday 12/3 is the Natchitoches Christmas Festival and we have kinfolk coming in from all over...including my dear ole Mother. It would be bad enough if I stayed home to watch it on TV, but leaving for most of the day to go to Shreveport "for a Tech game???" Yes, the NSU/LSU* side of the family simply can't understand that concept.

Most of the family was in Houston this weekend for a family get-together....'cept me.

*that's okay, I'm used to being the white sheep of the family.

Champ Dogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond repute Dogsince65's Avatar

Hopefully Sagarin does not come into play-- they have WK at #45 -- we are in low 60s. Only 3 CUSA teams with overall winning records ( old Dominion). I get it son, sagarin not important.

Can you guys imagine the drive back to Shreveport? Sportsdawg and my grandson are brilliant and I am more scatterbrained BS guy... I am incredibly blessed to have them in my life and 3 brothers came from Dallas ( and NT games ) this year.

Thanks son for posting this convoluted stuff-----just tell where I need to be each week

Quote Originally Posted by sportkid View Post
    Do we know the game time for the championship game?
    That will be announced next monday - 11/21 or sooner. It will either be 11 am or after 7pm. I have a post somewhere - will try to bump it

Quote Originally Posted by Dogsince65 View Post
    Hopefully Sagarin does not come into play-- they have WK at #45 -- we are in low 60s. Only 3 CUSA teams with overall winning records ( old Dominion). I get it son, sagarin not important.

Can you guys imagine the drive back to Shreveport? Sportsdawg and my grandson are brilliant and I am more scatterbrained BS guy... I am incredibly blessed to have them in my life and 3 brothers came from Dallas ( and NT games ) this year.

Thanks son for posting this convoluted stuff-----just tell where I need to be each week
    Head to head is first tiebreaker. As long as we have same or better record with WKU, we are good. I don't see ODU jumping us in computer ratings

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sportdawg View Post
    http://www.masseyratings.com/cf/compsum.htm

Team Record Consen Median Hi Low St.Dev CFP USA AP UCC MAS SAG COL BIL WOL

44 WKU 8-3 43.17 40.5 25 81 11.09 52 45
    53 Louisiana Tech 8-3 53.98 55.0 26 72 10.69 59 64
    71 Old Dominion 7-3 70.13 72.0 41 96 15.71 80 90

We own all tiebreakers currently - Head-to-head with WKU & Computer with ODU. We must win at USM.

I haven't checked Sagarin lately. Where to they have us vs. WKU? 44 to 53 seem like a lot at this point of the season.

@MattSarz shows the following slots available for C-USA

12/3/2016
    ESPN
    AAC Championship,
    C-USA Championship or TBD (11am)
    College Basketball ACC Championship (6:45pm)
    or MW Championship (6:30pm or 6:45pm)

12/3/2016
    ESPN2
    C-USA Championship or TBD (11am) College Basketball C-USA Championship
    or MW Championship (6:30pm)

12/3/2016
    ABC
    AAC Championship or N/A (11am) ACC Championship or NA(7pm)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...gid=1023267939

Champ Tech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant future Tech52's Avatar

Id prefer a 6:30 slot.
    I feel our team might have a slight advantage in a 11:00 slot, though.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    I haven't checked Sagarin lately. Where to they have us vs. WKU? 44 to 53 seem like a lot at this point of the season.
    I should have an update posted this afternoon.

+ Reply to Thread