+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Week 12 Schedule & Standings

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Re: Week 12 Schedule & Standings

FINAL SCORE:

UNT 29
    USM 23

Congrats to the Mean Green!

Bowl hopes still alive for UNT, as they go to UTEP now to try to qualify for a bowl. For the record, UTEP lost to Rice today.

Champ latech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Kodawg View Post
    I would love for USM to need a victory next week to become bowl eligible. That would make a Bulldawg revenge beat down that much sweeter.
    Definitely - would love to put the final nail on their coffin!

Champ LATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    FINAL SCORE:

UNT 29
    USM 23

Congrats to the Mean Green!

Bowl hopes still alive for UNT, as they go to UTEP now to try to qualify for a bowl. For the record, UTEP lost to Rice today.
    It's bittersweet, but the UNT game will probably be Kugler's last

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LATechBanjo View Post
    It's bittersweet, but the UNT game will probably be Kugler's last
    I guess I don't understand the "sweet" part. Kugler is awful. He should have been fired after last season.

UTEP is the only team we play that absolutely bores me to death. I don't know how UTEP fans can stand watching his teams week after week.

Champ LATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond repute

I guess I don't understand the "sweet" part. Kugler is awful. He should have been fired after last season.

UTEP is the only team we play that absolutely bores me to death. I don't know how UTEP fans can stand watching his teams week after week.
    I get the sense that he's a good, intelligent coach in a less-than-fertile recruiting ground whose teams have been consistently bit by the injury bug in the worst way.

He'd be successful at another school, IMO

Quote Originally Posted by LATechBanjo View Post
    I get the sense that he's a good, intelligent coach in a less-than-fertile recruiting ground whose teams have been consistently bit by the injury bug in the worst way.

He'd be successful at another school, IMO
    I find your comments very interesting. I'm not sure how you get there. To me, Kuglar is a dinosaur in a high tech world. He obviously prefers the old Woody Hayes "3-yards and a cloud of dust" style of football to the more modern day passing game. His problem is, he's not at Ohio State, and this isn't the 1960's or 70's. He can't sign the same caliber athletes that LSU and Wisconsin can, so he can't afford to just line up and try to beat people in the trenches.

I don't know why he can't see this.

To be successful at a school like UTEP, the leadership will need to find a new coach who throws the football a lot. Art Briles anyone?

Big Dog BearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud of

I find your comments very interesting. I'm not sure how you get there. To me, Kuglar is a dinosaur in a high tech world. He obviously prefers the old Woody Hayes "3-yards and a cloud of dust" style of football to the more modern day passing game. His problem is, he's not at Ohio State, and this isn't the 1960's or 70's. He can't sign the same caliber athletes that LSU and Wisconsin can, so he can't afford to just line up and try to beat people in the trenches.

I don't know why he can't see this.

To be successful at a school like UTEP, the leadership will need to find a new coach who throws the football a lot. Art Briles anyone?
    I believe his origins were in the OLine, he so he's prioritized having the better OL/DL, trying to emulate Stanford.

Big Dog BearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud of

Based upon what I'm watching right now, if LA Tech doesn't beat USM by at least 40 points next week, I will be VERY disappointed. USM is a bad football team.
    Agreed, SoMiss has seemed to have gotten worse instead of getting better over the course of this season

Champ rockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond repute

Mullens didn't play for Southern Miss again. I'm not sure of the severity of his injury, but I thought he'd be back today. With a bowl on the line next week, I'm going to guess he plays.

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

Mullens warmed up before the UNT game. He was throwing the ball on the field just before the kickoff. You can bet your next paycheck that he will play as a senior in his final game at USM! Their freshman QB gave the ball away 4 times again this week; USM cannot afford that type of performance vs Louisiana Tech.

Champ RhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond repute

n the bench
    Quote Originally Posted by Kodawg View Post
    I would love for USM to need a victory next week to become bowl eligible. That would make a Bulldawg revenge beat down that much sweeter.
    Quote Originally Posted by latech View Post
    Definitely - would love to put the final nail on their coffin!
    Y'all got your wish. Just hope we can fulfill it. If Mullens does play, as many have postulated, we need to hit him early and often, give him a headache and put his butt back on the bench

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RhinoDawg View Post
    If Mullens does play, as many have postulated, we need to hit him early and often, give him a headache and put his butt back on the bench
    Same goes for Fr QB Keon Howard. He has given the ball away 8-9 times in USM's last 2 games (and put it on the ground a few other times that they recovered). Hit Howard and the ball squirts out like a stick of butter on a July day.

+ Reply to Thread