+ Reply to Thread
Page 46 of 83 FirstFirst ... 36444546474856 ... LastLast

Thread: The O.K. "Buddy" Davis Pressbox (former Demolition Thread)

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

Re: The O.K. "Buddy" Davis Pressbox (former Demolition Thread)

Quote Originally Posted by RhythmDawg View Post
    Anyone venture a realistic guess at the cost?

And for the TAC?
    $500,000

Varsity Bulldog techdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud of techdawg28's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    Does anyone have cell problems at the TAC?
    Cell service, no. Internet, so many problems.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by techdawg28 View Post
    Cell service, no. Internet, so many problems.
    Problems with LTE phone data at the TAC?

Varsity Bulldog techdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud of techdawg28's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    Problems with LTE phone data at the TAC?
    Phone keeps flipping between spotty WiFi and spotty 4G.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

I appreciate y'all's catching up on the wi-fi interest.

During LG's first days as university president extended wi-fi capabilities at all athletics venues was encouraged in a 16th Floor visit. I told him it was one of those things that pop into the mind when attending ballgames. After each play or breaks in action, I'd look up in the stands, and realize everyone's looking at their crotch or at the ground...and I was also having trouble transmitting photos.

"Well, how much do you think would cost, Tom?"
    "I dunno, you're the engineer." ;-)

When Tech played at Kansas State, they had just boosted wi-fi in their stadium similar to the drawings above and I reminded him of our previous conversation and he said he'd look into it.

So . . . he's been aware at least four years of this need.

If I only knew HogDawg was such a potential resource . . . .
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Maybe TNS has some suggestions for us. They have some great business minds employed.

Varsity Bulldog johnnyb019 is on top of his/her gamejohnnyb019 is on top of his/her gamejohnnyb019 is on top of his/her gamejohnnyb019 is on top of his/her gamejohnnyb019 is on top of his/her gamejohnnyb019 is on top of his/her gamejohnnyb019 is on top of his/her gamejohnnyb019 is on top of his/her gamejohnnyb019 is on top of his/her gamejohnnyb019 is on top of his/her gamejohnnyb019 is on top of his/her game

I was listening to radio before spring game and it was mentioned the rest of the light poles at the Joe will becoming down in May. I was thinking about Tech's other stadiums. Do the baseball and softball stadiums have the same lighting that is now being removed from the Joe. If so, I'm guessing there will be upgrades to them soon as well since the older bulbs are no longer made.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyb019 View Post
    I was listening to radio before spring game and it was mentioned the rest of the light poles at the Joe will becoming down in May. I was thinking about Tech's other stadiums. Do the baseball and softball stadiums have the same lighting that is now being removed from the Joe. If so, I'm guessing there will be upgrades to them soon as well since the older bulbs are no longer made.
    No.

However, we need to convert to LED as soon as fea$ible.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post
    I appreciate y'all's catching up on the wi-fi interest.

During LG's first days as university president extended wi-fi capabilities at all athletics venues was encouraged in a 16th Floor visit. I told him it was one of those things that pop into the mind when attending ballgames. After each play or breaks in action, I'd look up in the stands, and realize everyone's looking at their crotch or at the ground...and I was also having trouble transmitting photos.

"Well, how much do you think would cost, Tom?"
    "I dunno, you're the engineer." ;-)

When Tech played at Kansas State, they had just boosted wi-fi in their stadium similar to the drawings above and I reminded him of our previous conversation and he said he'd look into it.

So . . . he's been aware at least four years of this need.

If I only knew HogDawg was such a potential resource . . . .
    All LG needs to do is contact CenturyLink. CenturyLink is an authorized Cisco partner capable of providing ENORMOUS resources (including Cisco Sports & Entertainment, Stadium Vision, Cisco Connected Stadium WiFi and more) for a project like this.

But, instead of paying money for these high tech upgrades, maybe LA Tech could grant its Stadium naming rights to CenturyLink in return for a complete technical modernization of JAS for the next 5 to 10 years. IMO, perhaps no company in north Louisiana represents "success" as well as CenturyLink, and no educational institution in north Louisiana represents overall academic and athletic success as well as Louisiana Tech. North Louisiana's citizens should be very proud of both. These two were made for each other. And by combining their resources, they could jointly give the people of north Louisiana something to be very proud of.

I'm sure LG already has CenturyTel CEO Glenn Post (a Tech grad) on his speed dial. He just needs to push the button.

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    All LG needs to do is contact CenturyLink. CenturyLink is an authorized Cisco partner capable of providing ENORMOUS resources (including Cisco Sports & Entertainment, Stadium Vision, Cisco Connected Stadium WiFi and more) for a project like this.

But, instead of paying money for these high tech upgrades, maybe LA Tech could grant its Stadium naming rights to CenturyLink in return for a complete technical modernization of JAS for the next 5 to 10 years. IMO, perhaps no company in north Louisiana represents "success" as well as CenturyLink, and no educational institution in north Louisiana represents overall academic and athletic success as well as Louisiana Tech. North Louisiana's citizens should be very proud of both. These two were made for each other. And by combining their resources, they could jointly give the people of north Louisiana something to be very proud of.

I'm sure LG already has CenturyTel CEO Glenn Post (a Tech grad) on his speed dial. He just needs to push the button.
    We could rename the Joe, CenturyLink Field (after 2018) or CenturyLink Stadium.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post
    We could rename the Joe, CenturyLink Field (after 2018) or CenturyLink Stadium.
    Exactly. We'd be fools to NOT sell the Stadium naming rights in some form or fashion. Working out a barter deal with a high quality NORTH LA based company like CenturyLink works for me.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Like Coke, the Monroe peeps have to give MeTooYou and Grambling the same deal...you know because they have such a great following...Tech comes up with a plan and the donor must give the same to the metooUs.

Even our own Admis is now saying we need to play fair with the lessers.

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

FYI, CenturyLink Field name expires after the '18 season

CenturyLink Reportedly Out As Naming-Rights Partner For Seahawks/Sounders Venue

See HogDawg? You really can do something other rant run a fast 40 time.

Doesn't the city of Ruston have a strong city-wide internet presence now. Wonder if that would help/complicate things?

And, if CLink was still in the wireless biz this could have been a slam dunk, huh?

Let's hope LG has things working in our favor for this.

Here ya go.

joe_stadium.jpg

+ Reply to Thread