Quote Originally Posted by Champ967 View Post
So tell us why you hate history ...?
The 1960's cinder block interior astetic, the peeling veneer on the built in closets, the communal showers, the sketchy elevators, the toilet stalls with no doors, and getting penny locked in your room like the minimum security prison they seemed to be, all of that is now a piece of history. I lived in Nielson on the 7th and 3rd floors for 3 years in the late '80's and early '90's, and to a big extent, the communal nature that the big dorms were designed to facilitate with the big common rooms and lounges was pretty much done because every room had cable, and everyone had a car.

I had a great time at Tech, and the experiences I had and people I met while I lived in Nielson were a huge part of it, but the dark rooms might as well have been "cells" compared to the new dorms that replaced them. Everything has a lifespan, and by 2005 and 2009, the Administration thought that those two dorms had lived out their usefulness. I have great memories of living there, but I wasn't sad to see them go. I am conflicted about Wyly Tower coming down though...

I didn't mean to make anyone mad, just talking.