+ Reply to Thread
Page 69 of 83 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,035 of 1238

Thread: The O.K. "Buddy" Davis Pressbox (former Demolition Thread)

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Re: The O.K. "Buddy" Davis Pressbox (former Demolition Thread)

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    Have you noticed what that goof ball is being paid to manage a $20M dollar budget? Our President gave him a raise, but our LTAC giving is down year after year. This is the guy you said was good at marketing...he came here from freeking McNeese. You hated him early on, now you have a crush on him. Tell us why....
    LOL!.....I never "hated him". That's major over-speak. Yes, I thought T-Mac was as poor hire at the time because of his extreme youth. And it's true. It was foolish to hire him. But I blamed our administration for that, not him. It's the administration's fault that they hired an AD who hadn't started shaving yet.

That said, T-Mac has been "our guy" for the last 4 years. He's earning his stripes the hard way...ON THE JOB. So, I support him until I have a reason not to. And no, not speaking to Champ967 in an alumni setting does not constitute high crimes and misdemeanors in my book.

With the exception of the the Tyler Summit hire, T-Mac seems to hire good coaches. But I highly suspect he was pressured to make the Summit hire by our overzealous "administration" who was anxious to hire a big coaching name for women's BB. Other than that, T-Mac is experiencing consistent success in our major sports, and continues to make the all important facilities improvements come to fruition. That's important. In fact, those things are a hell of a lot more important than whether or not Champ967 likes him.

It's also kind of nice to have an AD --like everyone else-- that doesn't screw up our bowl invitations.

Yes, I believe T-Mac could improve his public relations, especially in the Shreveport-Bossier media market. But I never said he was perfect.
    Last edited by HogDawg; 07-19-2017 at 12:27 AM.

Bulldog BoneDawg is a jewel in the roughBoneDawg is a jewel in the roughBoneDawg is a jewel in the roughBoneDawg is a jewel in the roughBoneDawg is a jewel in the roughBoneDawg is a jewel in the roughBoneDawg is a jewel in the roughBoneDawg is a jewel in the roughBoneDawg is a jewel in the roughBoneDawg is a jewel in the roughBoneDawg is a jewel in the rough

Champ Bearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by BoneDawg View Post
    Those clouds make it look like fire is bursting from the top of the new press box

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bearpaw View Post
    Those clouds make it look like fire is bursting from the top of the new press box
    Um...that was the point of the pic.

Champ Bearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Um...that was the point of the pic.
    Thus the "" emoticon

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

And in a few weeks we'll have the "after" pic.

Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post

Attachment 14057
    Remember this -

I find it interesting that there are very few press box photos floating around that are "pre-skybox"...
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ THEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond repute THEarmada's Avatar

Attachment 14057
    That's painful to look at. Can only imagine what the thousands of visiting fans/college football officials have thought over the years.

Big Dog LATECH87 is just really niceLATECH87 is just really niceLATECH87 is just really niceLATECH87 is just really niceLATECH87 is just really niceLATECH87 is just really niceLATECH87 is just really niceLATECH87 is just really niceLATECH87 is just really niceLATECH87 is just really nice LATECH87's Avatar

Looking great! Btw, does anyone know if there will be "writing" on the pressbox facing the field? Like stating the stadium name etc.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    Remember this -

I find it interesting that there are very few press box photos floating around that are "pre-skybox"...
    Yes. I'd have to dig into old negatives to find any of mine.
    Here's my earliest digital - 10/92005

Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ Soonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond repute Soonerdawg's Avatar

I like the overhang of the old one.
    It's time to close the doors to the Temple of Janus.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Soonerdawg View Post
    I like the overhang of the old one.
    TWSS

Champ bleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to behold bleudog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LATECH87 View Post
    Looking great! Btw, does anyone know if there will be "writing" on the pressbox facing the field? Like stating the stadium name etc.

Anybody know the status of the ribbon board and logo signage that were in the pre-build drawings of the DAC?

Champ bleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to behold bleudog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Amos Moses View Post
    Those metal frames around some of the windows near the center of the top floor look strange. What are they?
    My guess is those windows can open for tv, radio booths. The regular media booth is at the far end.
    The Nitzer's only specific request for the Tech radio booth named in his honor was to have open windows so he could mic the crowd noise.
    Nitzer is due a new contract. I'm praying for good things out of Learfield Sports. Tech fans are so spoiled by the PxP radio voice of Dave Nitz. I consider him not only a friend, but a treasure.

But dang the OCD part of me is drawn to how out of balance that top floor is.
    Those slide windows placed like they are look they were added a few years after the thing was build. Not before it even opened.

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Oh crap - It's on fire

\

+ Reply to Thread