+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 83 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast

Thread: The O.K. "Buddy" Davis Pressbox (former Demolition Thread)

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Re: The O.K. "Buddy" Davis Pressbox (former Demolition Thread)

Like everyone else I am thrilled to see these improvements. But, we're not there yet.

1. A south EZ scoreboard, preferably with some kind of screen.
    2. "finishing" the SEZ by enclosing the gap between the stands and the SEZ structure. Especially on the east side.
    3. Need major overhaul of under the stadium/concessions area/restrooms
    4. Brick façade to enclose under the stadium
    5. Lower bowl NEZ at least up to Dawgzilla from both sides.

Given what Aillet looked like not too long, and all the improvements now, I think we'll see those additional items in my lifetime.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

I agree with most of what you list. I don't disagree with the desire to have the concourse area enclosed with brick or other. I see other things that are more functional rather than primarily cosmetic being done first if our admin does the wisest first.

Champ Amos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by T1 View Post
    I wonder if there will even be a road. It looks like maybe just parking lot now?

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post
    Here's how the "road" is affected. . . as if the road is a part of GameDay.

Attachment 13838
    Is there to be a large gap between the press box and the rest of the stadium, or is just an illusion? It seems like they will be two separate structures not touching. You can see daylight between the seating area top row and the bottom of the press box structure.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Amos Moses View Post
    Is there to be a large gap between the press box and the rest of the stadium, or is just an illusion? It seems like they will be two separate structures not touching. You can see daylight between the seating area top row and the bottom of the press box structure.
    That's to allow the structure to sway during earthquakes and not damage itself or the stadium. This is an anticipation of Trump authorizing fracking everywhere and the subsequent quakes sure to happen.

tick, tick, tick....

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

There will be a space. From the rendering, it looks to have a overhang from the suite outdoor seats. Also, we see a three camera platform underneath it.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Like everyone else I am thrilled to see these improvements. But, we're not there yet.

1. A south EZ scoreboard, preferably with some kind of screen.
    2. "finishing" the SEZ by enclosing the gap between the stands and the SEZ structure. Especially on the east side.
    3. Need major overhaul of under the stadium/concessions area/restrooms
    4. Brick façade to enclose under the stadium
    5. Lower bowl NEZ at least up to Dawgzilla from both sides.

Given what Aillet looked like not too long, and all the improvements now, I think we'll see those additional items in my lifetime.
    Recently, a kid that my wife and I practically raised visited JAS for the last time as a Rice football player. He graduated from Rice this fall. Anyway, immediately after this year's Tech-Rice game we were talking in the parking lot and he said that LA Tech's visitors locker room and bath rooms were the smallest he and his team had ever visited. He said the bath rooms in there are ridiculously small.

I don't know if this is actually true or not, because I've never personally visited the visitors locker room at JAS. However, I'm guessing that his complaint is valid because I suspect that there's been very little change to it since the 1970's when Tech was in Div 1AA.

I would be interested in seeing some feedback from anyone who's familiar with the inside of our visitors locker room at JAS. Is this "complaint" valid? Do we need to update the visitors locker room at JAS too? Could this be ONE of the reasons OOC teams may not want to visit Ruston? I also remember the Univ of Houston complaining about our visitors locker room a few years ago, but I think there has been a small renovation to it since. (Though I doubt it was enlarged.)

Champ Amos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post
    There will be a space. From the rendering, it looks to have a overhang from the suite outdoor seats. Also, we see a three camera platform underneath it.
    This can't be our stadium. Everyone is standing on the west side?

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

This is during the National Anthem

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Visitors locker rooms in any sport should be at the very bottom of the "to do" list.

Our leadership has used no airport, lack of hotels, and poor locker rooms for 25 years as an excuse not to schedule well.

Champ 70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute 70TECHGRAD's Avatar

I sit on the WEST side. I'm always trying to get the people behind me to stand up and YELL when the other team has the ball on third down!!! They like to sit!!!

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    Visitors locker rooms in any sport should be at the very bottom of the "to do" list.

Our leadership has used no airport, lack of hotels, and poor locker rooms for 25 years as an excuse not to schedule well.
    I'm not sure I agree with that. Not if we want decent teams to come play in our stadium (which I realize, is a totally foreign concept to this group. )

Apparently this is a REAL issue in this case. I didn't solicit this information at all from the kid..... he just volunteered it.

Champ Tech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant future Tech52's Avatar

What happened to the old home locker rooms

Champ tenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond repute

I think there is a mezzanine underneath the press box with the floor even with the top of the stadium. At least I think I saw that in some renderings a few months ago but I can't find it now.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

The visitors' locker room is the old home locker room. It's plenty big and nice. Bathrooms are small.

+ Reply to Thread