+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 83 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast

Thread: The O.K. "Buddy" Davis Pressbox (former Demolition Thread)

Puppy TigersBulldogs Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeTigersBulldogs Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeTigersBulldogs Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeTigersBulldogs Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeTigersBulldogs Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeTigersBulldogs Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeTigersBulldogs Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeTigersBulldogs Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeTigersBulldogs Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeTigersBulldogs Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeTigersBulldogs Ultimate jerk and not worth your time TigersBulldogs's Avatar

Re: The O.K. "Buddy" Davis Pressbox (former Demolition Thread)

I would like to see the NEZ bowled in & the outside of the stadium bricked.

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Like everyone else I am thrilled to see these improvements. But, we're not there yet.

1. A south EZ scoreboard, preferably with some kind of screen.
    2. "finishing" the SEZ by enclosing the gap between the stands and the SEZ structure. Especially on the east side.
    3. Need major overhaul of under the stadium/concessions area/restrooms
    4. Brick façade to enclose under the stadium
    5. Lower bowl NEZ at least up to Dawgzilla from both sides.

Given what Aillet looked like not too long, and all the improvements now, I think we'll see those additional items in my lifetime.
    Something like a ribbon board.

ribbon_board_SEZ.jpg

Champ Tech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant future Tech52's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Clyde View Post
    The visitors' locker room is the old home locker room. It's plenty big and nice. Bathrooms are small.
    Maybe the visitors need to know that.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Clyde View Post
    The visitors' locker room is the old home locker room. It's plenty big and nice. Bathrooms are small.
    I'm not sure our visitors locker room is "plenty big" because it was built back in the 1970's to house 63 FCS (formerly Div 1AA) scholarship players instead of the current 85 FBS scholarship players.

Football — D-I football programs are divided into FBS and FCS. The 128 FBS programs can award financial aid to as many as 85 players, with each player able to receive up to a full scholarship. The 124 FCS programs can award up to the equivalent of 63 full scholarships, divided among no more than 85 individuals.

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

My wish list to JAS.
    1. Take down the last two metal wings. Rebuild the extensions incorporating into the actual grandstand structure.
    2. stands.jpg
    3. Build a lower level NEZ stands including concourse and fanshop.
    4. No need for just a brick facade that serves no function. Build new storage, concession, restroom facilities with grand entry gates. That'll help cover-up the underbelly.
    5. Probably in 2020, a new videoboard doubling its current dimension.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    I'm not sure our visitors locker room is "plenty big" because it was built back in the 1970's to house 63 FCS (formerly Div 1AA) scholarship players instead of the current 85 FBS scholarship players.
    Our LaTech football teams always had close to 100 members

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

I'm not sure I agree with that. Not if we want decent teams to come play in our stadium (which I realize, is a totally foreign concept to this group. )

Apparently this is a REAL issue in this case. I didn't solicit this information at all from the kid..... he just volunteered it.

You are basing your argument for nicer visitor locker rooms off what one young man said? Other than message boards you don't know if we've ever truly had trouble negotiating with other teams due to our horrible visiting locker rooms? You must have forgotten or not read some of the stories of how poorly we've been treated on the road.

I've never heard of actually losing a negotiation due to any of the things like dressing rooms, long travel from the airport, or long travel to/from the hotel.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post
    Something like a ribbon board.

Attachment 13839
    I like it!!!

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    You are basing your argument for nicer visitor locker rooms off what one young man said?
    Yes. As a 5th year graduating senior, he's been inside a lot of "visitor" locker rooms. So, when he tells me LA Tech's is the smallest one with the smallest bath rooms that they've ever been in, I figure he know's what he's talking about. But, unlike some folks, I'm actively seeking ways we can get better. And unlike some folks, I'm not afraid to hear the truth.

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

He obviously hasn't been to Fresno State where the players have to walk across the street to a completely separate dressing room.
    The visitor's locker room is the LAST thing on every school's list of things to improve.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Yes. As a 5th year graduating senior, he's been inside a lot of "visitor" locker rooms. So, when he tells me LA Tech's is the smallest one with the smallest bath rooms that they've ever been in, I figure he know's what he's talking about. But, unlike some folks, I'm actively seeking ways we can get better. And unlike some folks, I'm not afraid to hear the truth.
    Our original visitors lockerroom was, yes, sucky. Trainers doing their taping had to do it outside under a 20x20 tent.
    Our current visitors lockerroom is the old varsity lockerrom that was upgraded by Derek Dooley. It has space for 100 players. The bathrooms are there and quite functional with plenty of soap dispensers at the wash basins.
    It's an effing visitors lockerroom. . . .
    From my tour over the years, other C-USA lockerrooms for visitors that suck below ours: Middle. WKU. ODU. UAB. UTEP. On par with ours: USM, Marshall. Better visitors facilities: NTexas, UTSA (Alamodome).
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

And everyone hates Fresneck too!

The visitor locker room doesn't have to be the Ritz-Carlton, but it should provide sufficient space and functionality. No reason for Louisiana Tech not to be first class in everything we do. YES! I know we have a ways to go across the board in our facilities, so no, I wouldn't make the visitor locker room a priority. Unless something is not working, then yes, get it fixed.

I want visiting teams to leave Ruston saying: "we got our ass kicked on the field, but Tech folks were hospitable, and they have nice facilities."

Champ olddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Like everyone else I am thrilled to see these improvements. But, we're not there yet.

1. A south EZ scoreboard, preferably with some kind of screen.
    2. "finishing" the SEZ by enclosing the gap between the stands and the SEZ structure. Especially on the east side.
    3. Need major overhaul of under the stadium/concessions area/restrooms
    4. Brick façade to enclose under the stadium
    5. Lower bowl NEZ at least up to Dawgzilla from both sides.

Given what Aillet looked like not too long, and all the improvements now, I think we'll see those additional items in my lifetime.
    How old are you?

Screw a visitor lock room renovation/expansion. I want restroom and concession renovations for fans.

Quote Originally Posted by olddog75 View Post
    How old are you?
    Doesn't matter. Only the good die young, so I'll live a long, long time.

+ Reply to Thread