+ Reply to Thread
Page 40 of 83 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast

Thread: The O.K. "Buddy" Davis Pressbox (former Demolition Thread)

Champ revf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond repute revf's Avatar

Re: The O.K. "Buddy" Davis Pressbox (former Demolition Thread)

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    A really bad and unnecessary Tweet -

Reeks of elitism and stodgy ole rich men

Not very flattering of the group who makes this all possible and I feel that they deserve better

And definitely NOT the way to engage the average Joe and keep him excited and engaged in the progress of the project
    I saw that and thought this might be the worst blunder yet from our AD.

If I were those gentlemen I would be furious. Most wealthy people don't want their pictures tweeted.

It would be a fireable offense in many places.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

On another note, which going to the baseball games this weekend is how VISIBLE this structure is going to be from all points on the north side of the campus

It's really going to change the look of the athletic complex tremendously....
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by revf View Post
    I saw that and thought this might be the worst blunder yet from our AD.

If I were those gentlemen I would be furious. Most wealthy people don't want their pictures tweeted.

It would be a fireable offense in many places.
    That tweet was really bad, but nothing tops McClelland's biggest blunder of giving away the Arkansas game for free (which likely cost us the win).

Champ olddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post
    Agreed. Also, why are these donors selecting their own suite furniture? Is this normal, does this happen at other schools? I would think each suite would have a consistent look.
    I agree the tweet was not necessary. Elitism and stodgy ole rich men are key to our financial growth, but we should respect that status quietly. If those folks want to broadcast their new digs, let them do it.

Also, yes it is normal for each suite "owner" to pick his layout and furnishings. I believe, in our case, the owner is selecting from a list of options, so no suite will be painted in purple and gold. Now, if someone whats for have a purple and gold throw rug, they probably can.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Not very flattering of the group who makes this all possible and I feel that they deserve better

And definitely NOT the way to engage the average Joe and keep him excited and engaged in the progress of the project
    Marco is NOT a stodgy old man. ;-)
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

We get it, TMac gets to hobnob with the elite.

After all, thats why he became an AD, right?

Champ maverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond repute

Joe should feel engaged--if he renews his season tickets early enough, he gets to tour the fancy digs! Not use them, but see them. How exciting is that???

Champ Tech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant future Tech52's Avatar

I think you are reading too much into it. They are probably picking th furniture for all the suites, so everyone agrees, not each individual's. As for the complaint about it disengaging the average fan- why would it? We all know what this structure is for. Rich folks, special guests, and TV crews. All it does for us is look good and increase the shade for those on the west side.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by Tech52 View Post
    I think you are reading too much into it. They are probably picking th furniture for all the suites, so everyone agrees, not each individual's. As for the complaint about it disengaging the average fan- why would it? We all know what this structure is for. Rich folks, special guests, and TV crews. All it does for us is look good and increase the shade for those on the west side.
    bad marketing 101....
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ DallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond repute DallasDog's Avatar

bad marketing 101....
    In a series of continuing bad marketing, poor customer relations decisions.

Champ GermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond repute GermDawg's Avatar

Then all of the pictures of the SEZ and the pressbox should be taken down cause the average fan can't afford them. He's working to disenfranchise the majority of the fan base!

Champ Tech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant future Tech52's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GermDawg View Post

Then all of the pictures of the SEZ and the pressbox should be taken down cause the average fan can't afford them. He's working to disenfranchise the majority of the fan base!

Down with the press box! The rich enjoy their AC as we toil in their shadow!

Champ Dawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond repute Dawgonit's Avatar

Athletics response to all disgruntled bleacher seat sitters:

Champ detltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond repute

Struck me as very odd when I saw it. Not a flattering picture at all.

Varsity Bulldog ETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of light ETxBullDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ETxBullDawg View Post
    Per AD's twitter the donors are picking their suite furniture... Kinda reminded me of the scene from John Wayne's the Hellfighters when he joined the oil company and was sitting thru the meeting on picking colors for the company's gas station bathrooms
    For those unfamiliar with the classic film The Hellfighters here is a clip off YouTube of the scene I referenced...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TU5DkvnTQ2Y

+ Reply to Thread