+ Reply to Thread
Page 64 of 83 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674 ... LastLast

Thread: The O.K. "Buddy" Davis Pressbox (former Demolition Thread)

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Re: The O.K. "Buddy" Davis Pressbox (former Demolition Thread)

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post
    Good golly, 06.
    It's part of the facility arms race. It was built to show off to other universities that we can raise money for projects and spend it.
    It's a way to show recruits and others interested in Tech we got nice up-to-date facilities for ALL of our football PROGRAM.
    It shows D1 recruits we are committed to a complete game-day experience.
    06, you need to get out more often here in the off-season and get some fresh air.
    Try to keep up here.

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    Do you honestly believe this pressbox/suites facility and west concourse renovations are being done for recruits even though they may never set foot on that side of the stadium?
    No, I do not honestly believe that.

Champ RhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond repute RhythmDawg's Avatar

Limiting the answer to the question "why are we building the press box" with "so we can recruit" is like saying "I'm buying a new car so I can listen to a radio."

There is a long list of benefits/reasons for building a new press box.

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

They are building a pressbox to provide me shade.

Champ RhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond repute RhythmDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post
    They are building a pressbox to provide me shade.
    Yes. Reason #1 for me also.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RhythmDawg View Post
    Limiting the answer to the question "why are we building the press box" with "so we can recruit" is like saying "I'm buying a new car so I can listen to a radio."

There is a long list of benefits/reasons for building a new press box.
    That's a pretty good analogy.

Champ Built4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond repute Built4Speed's Avatar

FWIW, there's a guy that works at a liquor store near my house that played at Tech back in the day (circa Bradshaw +2 or 3). I'm not familiar with his involvement with the program nowadays, but I showed him pictures of the new end zone and pressbox from this board and his quote was "Holy crap... I would've been sold on this back in my day, I can't imagine what today's recruits will say".

Image vis a vis facilities and appearance matters to recruits. Yeah, the press box isn't directly for recruits, but it puts out there a vibe that Tech means business and is working to provide the best experience for the players, fans, alumni, and big boosters. This project may not be directly for recruits, but it's absolutely something to show off.

Quote Originally Posted by Built4Speed View Post
    FWIW, there's a guy that works at a liquor store near my house that played at Tech back in the day (circa Bradshaw +2 or 3). I'm not familiar with his involvement with the program nowadays, but I showed him pictures of the new end zone and pressbox from this board and his quote was "Holy crap... I would've been sold on this back in my day, I can't imagine what today's recruits will say".

Image vis a vis facilities and appearance matters to recruits. Yeah, the press box isn't directly for recruits, but it puts out there a vibe that Tech means business and is working to provide the best experience for the players, fans, alumni, and big boosters. This project may not be directly for recruits, but it's absolutely something to show off.
    Sure. I simply took issue with Champ "blaming" this specific project on Millennials and pimple-faced teenagers. The only feature of this project that will likely directly impact student-athletes is the new lights. Other than that, it's indirect. The primary demographic who will directly benefit from this project are the Baby Boomers and older, and the media. Throw in Gen X using the renovated bathrooms. He was "blaming" the wrong group of people. That is all.

It's also a new revenue stream for the athletic department. That benefits all our athletes.

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Sure. I simply took issue with Champ "blaming" this specific project on Millennials and pimple-faced teenagers. The only feature of this project that will likely directly impact student-athletes is the new lights. Other than that, it's indirect. The primary demographic who will directly benefit from this project are the Baby Boomers and older, and the media. Throw in Gen X using the renovated bathrooms. He was "blaming" the wrong group of people. That is all.
    Again, I don't actually believe that.

I know as well as anyone that it's a sop to the fat cats. But I question why it was sold as benefitting student athletes, when we all know that's baloney.

It's also a new revenue stream for the athletic department. That benefits all our athletes.
    Honest question: Will that revenue go toward bolstering Tech's operating budget or paying off the debt on the facility?

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Honest question: Will that revenue go toward bolstering Tech's operating budget or paying off the debt on the facility?
    When they had the big "grin off" to show off what we were building, one of our posters here asked the obvious question of our AD, "Will this be used to hold events like the DAC is being used?". His answer was, "We will look in to that." Great idea by one of THEBBB's finest.

What debt?

What debt?
    We didn't finance it? We wrote a check for $18.2 million?

Champ Wade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond repute Wade_Antley's Avatar

Recruits care as much as we care. Maybe a little bit more.

Here are some pics I took...

+ Reply to Thread