+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: USM Game Time

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Football. Update on LA Tech - Southern Miss Kickoff Time - latechsports.com

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    This game went from being originally announced for ESPN, ESPN2, or ESPNU... then demoted to ESPNU or ESPNews...
    Don't they know it's the Rivalry in Dixie!!??

...do they know it's the Rivalry in Dixie?

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

This game went from being originally announced for ESPN, ESPN2, or ESPNU... then demoted to ESPNU or ESPNews...
    ESPNU and ESPNNews are the same rank. Both require an upgraded sports package on most cable carriers. It's not ESPN3.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    ESPNU and ESPNNews are the same rank. Both require an upgraded sports package on most cable carriers. It's not ESPN3.
    Yes, it's not ESPN3, but ESPNU and ESPNews are not exactly the "same rank."

ESPNews viewership was so embarrassingly low that ESPN dropped ESPNews from the Nielsen ratings survey. Because of that we don't even know how many households even carry ESPNews today, but before they dropped it, ESPNU was in about 2K more homes than ESPNews because each cable/satellite provider is different.

But the difference between ESPNU and ESPNews is primarily about exposure. The built-in viewership as you go down the ESPN family hierarchy declines significantly. The difference between viewership of our game on ESPNU vs. ESPNews is probably 2-fold.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

The built-in viewership as you go down the ESPN family hierarchy declines significantly. The difference between viewership of our game on ESPNU vs. ESPNews is probably 2-fold.
    I'd understand if you were talking about a losing a few hundred thousand viewers, but you are talking about losing a few thousand viewers. If football fans want to watch it they will have easy access (as long as they have a sports package ). I actually watch ESPNews more than the rest of ESPN Family, but I'm just a below average Joe.

Champ louisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    Don't they know it's the Rivalry in Dixie!!??

...do they know it's the Rivalry in Dixie?
    ESPN probably wouldn't want to show it on their network due to the chance of "triggering" some snowflake with the word Dixie.

Champ RhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Re: USM Game Time

So now that ESPN has relegated us to the internetworks, how much longer will they keep us hanging as to the EXACT kickoff time? After all, since I will be there, barring some unforeseen disaster, the network it will be broadcast on is if little consequence to me, but where and WHEN to meet up with my crew us of utmost importance.

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RhinoDawg View Post
    So now that ESPN has relegated us to the internetworks, how much longer will they keep us hanging as to the EXACT kickoff time? After all, since I will be there, barring some unforeseen disaster, the network it will be broadcast on is if little consequence to me, but where and WHEN to meet up with my crew us of utmost importance.
    After after Saturday's games. I assume if WMU beats Buffalo, they will play on ESPNU @ 4 & we get News @ 3. If they lose, flip it

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RhinoDawg View Post
    But the next week, the C-USA championship, will be right there on ESPN.
    Last edited by Dawgpix; 11-16-2016 at 05:11 PM.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post
    But the next week, the C-USA championship, we'll be right there on ESPN.
    Doubt it. ESPN has relegated the C-USA Championship Game to ESPN2 ever since we joined C-USA.

Champ TECHLAX is a name known to allTECHLAX is a name known to allTECHLAX is a name known to allTECHLAX is a name known to allTECHLAX is a name known to allTECHLAX is a name known to allTECHLAX is a name known to allTECHLAX is a name known to allTECHLAX is a name known to allTECHLAX is a name known to allTECHLAX is a name known to all TECHLAX's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by louisiana_dog View Post
    ESPN probably wouldn't want to show it on their network due to the chance of "triggering" some snowflake with the word Dixie.
    Great! Now I need to go and find my "safe space"!! And, someone stole my pacifier!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    I'd understand if you were talking about a losing a few hundred thousand viewers, but you are talking about losing a few thousand viewers. If football fans want to watch it they will have easy access (as long as they have a sports package ). I actually watch ESPNews more than the rest of ESPN Family, but I'm just a below average Joe.
    The difference between ESPNU and ESPNews will likely be 30-100K viewers.

Champ Tech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant future Tech52's Avatar

Doubt it. ESPN has relegated the C-USA Championship Game to ESPN2 ever since we joined C-USA.
    Its basically the same channel, anyone who has ESPN should have 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech52 View Post
    Its basically the same channel, anyone who has ESPN should have 2.
    I'm not talking about access. I'm talking about exposure. Built-in viewership. TV ratings. ESPN has more viewers than ESPN2, which has more viewers than ESPNU, which has more viewers than ESPNews.

Champ Tech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant future Tech52's Avatar

I'm not talking about access. I'm talking about exposure. Built-in viewership. TV ratings. ESPN has more viewers than ESPN2, which has more viewers than ESPNU, which has more viewers than ESPNews.
    Never would guess that, as interchangeable as they are.

Of course that may have something to do with morning shows and other programming.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

If it's on Deuce it'll receive plenty of promo on GameDay to lead-in.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

+ Reply to Thread