+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: M. Basketball. McCree, Boykins Lead Bulldogs to Win in Home Opener

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Re: M. Basketball. McCree, Boykins Lead Bulldogs to Win in Home Opener

3K announce...not a bad crowd considering. Great turnout by the students. Next Wednesday will be very slim in attendance.

Champ tenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond repute

Wednesday night games are killers for attendance. 2 of our 4 lead a TUMC small group that meets Wednesday night.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Well I dont know about the rest of yall but I've been looking forward to this high profile matchup with Oklahoma all year. Can you believe the basement's hard work paid off to land an opponent like this in the TAC?

Oh. It's Oklahoma Baptist. Our 3rd of many exhibition games.

(I cannot stop being mad about this. I've tried.)

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    I think Bracey will be starting point before the mid point of the season with Jean shifting to the 2 and Boykins playing the 3

I think Quidar with be the first guy off the bench

Slim has a long way to go before he is in basketball shape

Lots of young talent on the floor with more on the way
    Bracey is a true point guard--and it looks like he will be a VERY good one by the time he leaves Tech. I agree with you. Jean can play the point but he seems more suited for the 2 at this level. As to who starts, I don't know if it's that big of a deal. I imagine he continue to start Jean and then let him slide over to the 2 at the first substitution (similar to what White did with Kenyon and Speedy his first year). Before too long, like you said, Bracey will be the point guard and Jean will be the 2 just like Speedy and Kenyon.
    Have you considered those Dogs?

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    Well I dont know about the rest of yall but I've been looking forward to this high profile matchup with Oklahoma all year. Can you believe the basement's hard work paid off to land an opponent like this in the TAC?

Oh. It's Oklahoma Baptist. Our 3rd of many exhibition games.

(I cannot stop being mad about this. I've tried.)
    It's over, might as well try to enjoy the games for what they are - growing and learning tools for a very young squad

While it somewhat matters right now how we are playing - what matters most is how we are playing in late January and the month of February

We still have plenty of good OOC tests coming with Nebraska, Cal, Florida Gulf Coast, USL, SLU - just wish we had a better tune-up than LSU-S heading into conference play

I thought we had a very good showing in South Carolina and if we get a break here or a bounce there we may have won that game
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ OmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud of OmahaDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    just wish we had a better tune-up than LSU-S heading into conference play
    Could have been LSU-A

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OmahaDawg View Post
    Could have been LSU-A
    In all honesty, that would of been a much better test as you know -

I noticed that after Rice knocked off James Madison they laid a huge egg vs SWAC foe Texas Southern last night

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

FWIW -- WKU only beat this team 79-66.

Puppy dawgz21 is an unknown

I agree that Bracey has the talent to start at point this year, my biggest question when I hear this though is who comes off of the bench? I could be wrong but I don't think we have the bench to start both Bracey and Jean and have them handle the pg duties for the entire game. Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by dawgz21 View Post
    I agree that Bracey has the talent to start at point this year, my biggest question when I hear this though is who comes off of the bench? I could be wrong but I don't think we have the bench to start both Bracey and Jean and have them handle the pg duties for the entire game. Thoughts?
    Except in rare instances you pg basically plays the entire game - Speedy

You only rest them at certain points to give them a blow

Jean is more a natural 2 and Bracey is more a natural 1

Bracey was recruited to be the POINT

Big Dog TrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant future

Is it just me or has Jacobi Boykins developed a more well-rounded offensive game? I feel like he has gotten better off the bounce. He has always been a great defender, and a good three point shooter.

Champ touchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond repute touchdown123's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TrueBulldog1962 View Post
    Is it just me or has Jacobi Boykins developed a more well-rounded offensive game? I feel like he has gotten better off the bounce. He has always been a great defender, and a good three point shooter.
    He's much better at running the floor too.

+ Reply to Thread