+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: There's an elephant in the corner

Champ Houston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond repute

Re: There's an elephant in the corner

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    I don't think we can fight that battle.
    That is correct. Same with UH and Tom Herman and they're paying him $3 million. UT wants him and can pay him much more. UT's buy out for Strong is like $5 million, and they can afford that UT .

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Houston Techsan View Post
    That is correct. Same with UH and Tom Herman and they're paying him $3 million. UT wants him and can pay him much more. UT's buy out for Strong is like $5 million, and they can afford that UT .
    lsu thinks they can compete with Texas for his services.

BTW, Strong's post game presser was special. He is a great guy.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JuBru View Post
    Charlie Strong may be heading out of Texas. Texas could call Holtz (new spin to all those visits to his son). I wouldn't mind Holtz calling Strong.
    I wouldn't be surprised to see Texas go after Art Briles.

Yes, the Univ of Texas has wanted Briles ever sense he showed up at Baylor. If you are a conspiracy theorist, it's easy to believe ....

1) That UT was behind the whole "title IX" thing that drove Briles away from Baylor.
    2) Texas ended up with 8 of Baylor's prized recruits from last years' (2016) recruiting class. All of these athletes asked Baylor for their release this past summer, and subsequently moved to Austin.
    3) The Longhorns are desperate for a "wide open" passing game, and nobody fits the bill better than Briles.

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

I can be a conspiracy theorist most times, but I can't buy into Baylor sabotaging themselves for the benefit of UT. Nor can I buy UT using the issues at Baylor as a means to get Briles. He's persona non grata right now. I don't see UT hiring him because not even they can put up with the absolute shitstorm it would cause.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

I can be a conspiracy theorist most times, but I can't buy into Baylor sabotaging themselves for the benefit of UT. Nor can I buy UT using the issues at Baylor as a means to get Briles. He's persona non grata right now. I don't see UT hiring him because not even they can put up with the absolute shitstorm it would cause.
    .....well they did end up with 8 of his prized recruits..

Champ Houston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond repute

How long did Petrino sit out?

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Houston Techsan View Post
    How long did Petrino sit out?
    Just the 2012 season. He was fired April 2012 then hired by WKU December 2012.

But getting a little (consenting) action on the side doesn't quite equate to the cover-up of sexual assaults and rapes by 19 players.

But if Texas (I mean Red McCombs) wants Briles they can thumb their collective noses.

But getting a little (consenting) action on the side doesn't quite equate to the cover-up of sexual assaults and rapes by 19 players.
    Where did you get info on "rapes by 19 players"??? Can you back that up? Or is this just more JuBru bullshit?

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Where did you get info on "rapes by 19 players"??? Can you back that up? Or is this just more JuBru bullshit?
    http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-w...otball-players
    In interviews with the Wall Street Journal, Baylor University regents shared previously undisclosed details of an investigation into the "horrifying" sexual assault allegations against football players at the school.
    According to the Journal's report, which was published Friday, the regents said 17 women reported "sexual or domestic assaults involving 19 players, including four alleged gang rapes."

http://www.dallasnews.com/news/news/...ang-rapes-2012

That didn't say 19 players committed rape. It's 19 players involved in committing known or alleged sexual assaults and rapes.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/baylor-d...ers-1477681988

In case you hit a paywall:
    https://www.texastribune.org/2016/10...re-accused-as/

I don't post bullshit.

That didn't say 19 players committed rape. It's 19 players involved in committing known or alleged sexual assaults and rapes.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/baylor-d...ers-1477681988

In case you hit a paywall:
    https://www.texastribune.org/2016/10...re-accused-as/

I don't post bullshit.
    Yeah you do. Just so we're clear, that article you posted says "19 of the school's football players have been accused of sexual assault or domestic violence since 2011". So, for all intents and purposes, 2 players could have been accused of rape, and 17 accused of some kind of domestic violence or assault. That's far from "rapes by 19 players", which is what you posted in post #37.

Champ OLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond repute

is what he said.

Yeah you do.
    Nope.
    Just so we're clear, that article you posted says "19 of the school's football players have been accused of sexual assault or domestic violence since 2011". So, for all intents and purposes, 2 players could have been accused of rape, and 17 accused of some kind of domestic violence or assault. That's far from "rapes by 19 players", which is what you posted in post #37.
    Sure I posted that, if you ignore the "the cover-up of sexual assaults and" part right before the part you're fixated on in my sentence. Sure, that's what I posted. Sure.

The rest of the sentence you are quoting that the Texas Tribune didn't copy over from the WSJ article says "including four alleged gang rapes." Baylor settled with two accusers yesterday.

I'm not quoting either Texas Tribune or WSJ in my original statement when I said sexual assault and rape. We can add domestic violence into it if that make you feel better or should have thrown in an "or" instead of an "and" there; but it's still not going to change the "rape" part of covering up rape.
    Last edited by JuBru; 11-23-2016 at 09:09 PM.

Nope.
    Sure I posted that, if you ignore the "the cover-up of sexual assaults and" part right before the part you're fixated on in my sentence. Sure, that's what I posted. Sure.

The rest of the sentence you are quoting that the Texas Tribune didn't copy over from the WSJ article says "including four alleged gang rapes." Baylor settled with two accusers yesterday.

I'm not quoting either TT or WSJ in my original statement when I said sexual assault and rape. We can add domestic violence into it if that make you feel better, but it's still not going to change the "rape" part of covering up rape.
    Yak all you want. Bottom line is, you never validated "rapes by 19 players". Exaggerated hyperbole at best. An out right "falsehood" at worst.

+ Reply to Thread