+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: USM Line

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Re: USM Line

Quote Originally Posted by Tech52 View Post
    2013 isnt really a bad score...
    2014 is ok...

The rest just suck.
    2014 was NOT ok. Tech struggled in that game mightily. We should have blown them out. That was a bad USM team. Of course, that 2014 Tech team was the closest thing to a Jekyll and Hyde" team I've ever seen in Ruston. That 2014 team had disappointing WTF Losses to NSU, ODU, and Marshall, along with HUGE wins against WKU, UNT, Rice and Illinois.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TechFanno1 View Post
    Mullens is the ??? as far the USM Line
    I get that, but how are they taking bets with no line? It seems like they would price the uncertainty into the spread to get the money moving. Once the QB situation becomes more clear, the line will adjust.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Champ Tech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant future Tech52's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    2014 was NOT ok. Tech struggled in that game mightily. We should have blown them out. That was a bad USM team. Of course, that 2014 Tech team was the closest thing to a Jekyll and Hyde" team I've ever seen in Ruston. That 2014 team had disappointing WTF Losses to NSU, ODU, and Marshall, along with HUGE wins against WKU, UNT, Rice and Illinois.
    Thats why I said it was ok. At least they won by 10... That team was inconsistent as crap.

Champ louisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the rough

I hear he will play, but will he stay in? Concussions are a funny (not funny) thing. Once you get one, it is much easier to get the next. I hope he is better so we can still blow them out by 4 tds.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    I get that, but how are they taking bets with no line? It seems like they would price the uncertainty into the spread to get the money moving. Once the QB situation becomes more clear, the line will adjust.
    Just too much room for error. The odds makers have to have something to base the opening line on. Adjusting afterwards could create such a huge adjustment that early money is at too large an advantage or disadantage. Still no line at 5:00am.

Champ Bearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    I'd add in UTEP as a huge win. They finished 7-5, and we beat them 55-3!

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    Just too much room for error. The odds makers have to have something to base the opening line on. Adjusting afterwards could create such a huge adjustment that early money is at too large an advantage or disadantage. Still no line at 5:00am.
    Seems like leaving money on the table to me.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    Seems like leaving money on the table to me.
    Vegas wants even money on both sides.

Sure, but couldn't they say, "Here's the spread if Mullen's plays, here's the spread if he doesn't. We'll split the difference and let the betting and/or new info drive the line."
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bearpaw View Post
    I'd add in UTEP as a huge win. They finished 7-5, and we beat them 55-3!
    Great point.

Champ Dogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond repute Dogsince65's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    I take nothing for granted.

Donald Trump won the presidency!

The Cubs won the World Series!

Don't tell me that USM can't win Friday.

and d65 has grown to like and respect dawg80

Champ Dogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond repute Dogsince65's Avatar

read several predictions and this is their last shot at bowl -- Mullens is hurt but I believe he has Dixon warrior mentality --If any way to step out on field he will .... writers think he would make game closer but no one predicting a USM win-- can we take that or do we still have to play and beat them ??

Champ RhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by RhinoDawg View Post
    I have 3 tickets available in the Tech section. Will sell for $25 each, paid $35. PM me if interested. I can overnight them to you if I hear from you before sundown tomorrow.
    Sold

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dogsince65 View Post
    and d65 has grown to like and respect dawg80
    Well, thank you d65.

Since you have joined, my fan club now has a membership of....well, 1. But, have to start somewhere!!

Still not a line this morning on our game our Houston at Memphis.

+ Reply to Thread