+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: watching a recording of our game against WKU

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

watching a recording of our game against WKU

A couple of things stand out:

WKU is extremely well-coached in terms of scheme and execution.
    LaTech is extremely well-coached in terms of scheme and execution.
    LaTech might have slightly better talent overall, but not by much.

Rick Neuheisel might be the most insightful in-game analysist I've ever listened to. If Skip ever bails, I would definitely give him a look (if I were AD).

These teams are fairly evenly matched and our next game will be a doozy! I realize Tech plays Southern Miss this week but I'm a fan, and this is what I like to do.
    Have you considered those Dogs?

Champ T1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: watching a recording of our game against WKU

It will be interesting to see how they adjust to Carlos. They couldn't run with him in the first game. I think we will stay with the same defense... take away the big play and make them nickle and dime down the field.

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by T1 View Post
    It will be interesting to see how they adjust to Carlos. They couldn't run with him in the first game. I think we will stay with the same defense... take away the big play and make them nickle and dime down the field.
    I think Higgins' running will be impactful. Also, maybe Tarzan has emerged?
    Have you considered those Dogs?

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know that it matters now. If you double anyone on our side, that leaves at least one of 4 or 5 other capable playmakers open. Dump it off to Craft or Scott and let them run for days. Single coverage will get them torched because we have burners and TT(who is open when he's not open).

Champ BhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by boxerdog View Post
    I think Higgins' running will be impactful. Also, maybe Tarzan has emerged?
    Think Tarzan gained a lot of confidence, he obviously has the pure athleticism and skills to be very dangerous, that puts us with three receivers that need covering and two them need double coverage.

Quote Originally Posted by BhadDawg View Post
    Think Tarzan gained a lot of confidence, he obviously has the pure athleticism and skills to be very dangerous, that puts us with three receivers that need covering and two them need double coverage.
    McKnight also has a knack for making key plays. I really don't know how teams without elite db's should attempt to defend us.

Champ BhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond repute

McKnight also has a knack for making key plays. I really don't know how teams without elite db's should attempt to defend us.
    Forgot about McKnight, yea he shows up when needed and is mostly forgotten about by other teams also. HCSH needs take these guys and pick on some of the db's for a while, it would really loosen up the ground game and put USM in single coverage on our recievers.

Varsity Bulldog collinellis is a jewel in the roughcollinellis is a jewel in the roughcollinellis is a jewel in the roughcollinellis is a jewel in the roughcollinellis is a jewel in the roughcollinellis is a jewel in the roughcollinellis is a jewel in the roughcollinellis is a jewel in the roughcollinellis is a jewel in the roughcollinellis is a jewel in the roughcollinellis is a jewel in the rough

The best way to defend our team without elite DBs is going to be with an elite pass rush. WKU doesn't have either.

Champ T1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond repute

This dude has been a thorn in our side. Will we kick it to him or just kick it out of bounds and give them the 35? He's #1 in the nation and averages 34 yards a return.

Champ Tech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant future Tech52's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by T1 View Post
    This dude has been a thorn in our side. Will we kick it to him or just kick it out of bounds and give them the 35? He's #1 in the nation and averages 34 yards a return.

We're gonna need to kick it into the stands.

Champ Houston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Tech52 View Post
    We're gonna need to kick it into the stands.
    That's right. He will return them from 10 yds deep.

Champ Dogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond repute Dogsince65's Avatar

as the immortal Rick Flair --"to be the man you need to beat the man". All yr WK has been rated higher than us (Sagarin) --even after we beat them. We played a great game last time and they almost came back. In my opinion we are much improved on defense, somewhat better on special teams coverage and much better on kickoff returns . Hope we play in Shreveport-- hope we get fan base out for the extra energy. I expect us to be slight (5-6 point) underdog.
    This promises to be the most exciting matchup in years ( other than Bowl games).
    Not sure what we can do as BBB fan base but I am talking it up to everyone I know, especially Tech grads

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dogsince65 View Post
    as the immortal Rick Flair --"to be the man you need to beat the man". All yr WK has been rated higher than us (Sagarin) --even after we beat them. We played a great game last time and they almost came back. In my opinion we are much improved on defense, somewhat better on special teams coverage and much better on kickoff returns . Hope we play in Shreveport-- hope we get fan base out for the extra energy. I expect us to be slight (5-6 point) underdog.
    This promises to be the most exciting matchup in years ( other than Bowl games).
    Not sure what we can do as BBB fan base but I am talking it up to everyone I know, especially Tech grads
    65 using a Flair quote!! I like it.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Barnes has shown he can put it into and through the EZ. Surely he can kick it deep enough to prevent a return some of the time. On the others, we better stop a guy who brings it out from 8 yards deep.

Champ RhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Y'all need to FOCUS! This thread is bad JuJu.

+ Reply to Thread