+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: M. Basketball. Harris, Sherman Power Bulldogs to 79-63 Win

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Re: M. Basketball. Harris, Sherman Power Bulldogs to 79-63 Win

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    I agree with this. In fact, I would say that Nov and early Dec college basketball is very analogous to baseball's spring training. The junkies care, but most of us are waiting for showtime. Most people start paying attention to baseball on opening day in April. When February comes around, most people don't care about a Nov basketball win over Alabama St.
    No one over cares about a win over Alabama St.

2011 NFL Survivor Champion nadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond repute nadB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    That's true, but there have been some great bb games of late on t.v. or the net; e.g., FL vs. Gonzaga in the Advocare Invitational was a good'n.

Champ theprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond repute theprofessor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nadB View Post
    That's true, but there have been some great bb games of late on t.v. or the net; e.g., FL vs. Gonzaga in the Advocare Invitational was a good'n.
    The people who say November basketball doesn't matter and there are no good games going on right now aren't actually college basketball fans. They're sports fans who only tune in when elimination is on the line. These are the same people who watch the NBA playoffs or World Series after not following the regular season.
    the bold, the beautiful, theprofessor

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    We woulda cared had we lost!!!

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by theprofessor View Post
    The people who say November basketball doesn't matter and there are no good games going on right now aren't actually college basketball fans. They're sports fans who only tune in when elimination is on the line. These are the same people who watch the NBA playoffs or World Series after not following the regular season.
    I don't watch ANY MLB or NBA. I did watch this year's World Series because it was the Cubs, and even the Indians have a historic thing going. Normally, I wouldn't watch ANY baseball 'cept maybe a minute or two as I'm channel-surfing. And, I don't watch any NBA, playoffs included.

I don't watch much regular season college basketball either. When football is completely done, I'll watch some hoops, when I'm bored and there's nothing else on. I do follow it, as in who's winning, who's not, and especially any potential Cinderellas. Otherwise, I don't care if Duke beats UNC, or UNC beats Duke. Been there....seen that before.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by theprofessor View Post
    Not true. I love conference play, and GOOD college basketball, including most tournaments.

You simply fail to acknowledge that the quality of college basketball is drastically better in January, February & March than it is in November. It's a different game --a better game-- in February. That's just a fact. Being a sports journalist, I'm sure you know this, but you just love playing the contrarian.

Champ Dixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond repute Dixonfor6's Avatar

The professor makes a great point (again) yet the sports fans that are all talk and no knowledge come on and try and prove him wrong. Hell, you even have a soccer fan on this thread downplaying the unc duke game. That's all you need to hear. All these games matter at the end of the year.

Champ theprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond repute theprofessor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Not true. I love conference play, and GOOD college basketball, including most tournaments.

You simply fail to acknowledge that the quality of college basketball is drastically better in January, February & March than it is in November. It's a different game --a better game-- in February. That's just a fact. Being a sports journalist, I'm sure you know this, but you just love playing the contrarian.
    Conference play is awesome, but the folks who downplay the importance and quality of November/December basketball drive me crazy. These games are extremely important and can be appreciated for the interesting matchups that they present. I particularly enjoy the neutral court matchups because we can get a true sense of who the best teams are.
    the bold, the beautiful, theprofessor

Quote Originally Posted by Dixonfor6 View Post
    The professor makes a great point (again) yet the sports fans that are all talk and no knowledge come on and try and prove him wrong. Hell, you even have a soccer fan on this thread downplaying the unc duke game. That's all you need to hear. All these games matter at the end of the year.
    I know as much, and probably more, about hoops than you do, so don't be an ass. Although from reading your posts, being an ass comes naturally to you.

And YES, Duke and UNC play TWICE during the regular season, and maybe again in the conf. tourney, and that means that usually one of them will win 2/3. But, whoopty doo! they BOTH end up in the Dance usually with an overly-generous seeding based solely on their name. And, here's the point I made, since reading comprehension also is a problem for you, I said "I don't care." Get it? BFD if Duke bests UNC and as a result they get a #2 seed in the East Regional while poor ole UNC is relegated to a #2 seed out west! Oh, woe is them!

I had already posted, in support of the professor, that games in Nov and Dec do matter as they affect power ratings and seeding in March. I was referring specifically to watching the games. But, again, you miss the point.

And...besides...all of that affects Louisiana Tech, how?????

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dixonfor6 View Post
    LOL! I love arrogant pretenders like you. What do you know about the Duke-UNC game? Have you ever even attended a Duke-UNC game? I have. I was in the gym when Doc Rivers' son hit this winning shot back in 2012. Dumbass.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMjpAabdZ1Q

Rivers never gave up the rock.

+ Reply to Thread