+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Football. LA Tech to Travel to WKU for C-USA Championship Game - latechsports.com

Champ Dixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond repute Dixonfor6's Avatar

Re: Football. LA Tech to Travel to WKU for C-USA Championship Game - latechsports.com

Quote Originally Posted by T1 View Post
    Thank you. I can sum it up by saying I wasn't as much defending him as I was holding out judgement because I didn't see much talent on that 2013 offense outside of Dixon. Everyone was saying that's what a typical Holtz offense looks like because he is so conservative. I defend him now. I think he's proven he's a fine coach and an excellent fit here. He has his flaws, but don't they all?
    They all most certainly do. I just don't know what flaw it is when you drop two exact games in a row and before that NSU and ODU. I would accept last year USM if we win this year. You don't lose as 18 pt favorites and look at the bright side. That shows you are in the Tech bubble.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Football. LA Tech to Travel to WKU for C-USA Championship Game - latechsports.com

Quote Originally Posted by revf View Post
    What I don't understand is WKU.

They find a way to be good year in and year out. Different coaches come in and go. They are still good.
    In the not-at-all distant past, WKU held the longest winless streak in the nation at over 20 games, I wanna say without looking it up. They decided to stop losing, got out of the Sunbelt, got a 7th year QB, and just made the decision to not suck anymore.

I won't go so far to say they're a household name like Houston, but what they've accomplished is fairly impressive.

But that's not who we are.

Champ T1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    In the not-at-all distant past, WKU held the longest winless streak in the nation at over 20 games, I wanna say without looking it up. They decided to stop losing, got out of the Sunbelt, got a 7th year QB, and just made the decision to not suck anymore.

I won't go so far to say they're a household name like Houston, but what they've accomplished is fairly impressive.

But that's not who we are.
    True, we are 2-1 against them with a total score of 152-103.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dixonfor6 View Post
    Man, T1 and PawDawg (madddawg) are awesome. Those dudes know and care about this university. I see some posters are stuck in a LaTech bubble. I watch our former peers like SMU, TCU, Houston kill it and just can't accept losses to ODU, USM twice without cringing and wondering how good are we really.. I can list who we have beaten and lost to over the past several years and pretty much show we aren't a top 50 program...
    Quote Originally Posted by eagle2180 View Post
    The Dawgs have come a long way.... Still plenty of room for improvement.
    Off the field, I think we've come a long way. On the field, we are winning more, but I honestly don't think we are much better in general than we were during the WAC era. I think the records of the WAC vs. C-USA eras are more a product of our competition level. We aren't playing Boise State, Fresno State of old, Hawai'i of old, and Nevada of old every year anymore. The best team in C-USA today was an FCS program and later 0-20+ winless Sun Belt newbie during our WAC era. Florida Atlantic, FIU, UTSA, Old Dominion, and Charlotte football didn't exist when we joined the WAC. WKU was a I-AA program. Marshall and Middle Tennessee were FBS newbies. And ULL is still in the Belch.

Champ Tech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant future Tech52's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dixonfor6 View Post
    Not to mention Marshall WKU NSU in 2014 and mtsu this year

I just find it funny we laugh at directional schools and lose to them
    We beat WKU 59-10 in '14.
    ODU?

Champ Dixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond repute Dixonfor6's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tech52 View Post
    We beat WKU 59-10 in '14.
    ODU?
    Ah. Definitely meant ODU in 14. Western in 15. All sad

Champ T1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    Off the field, I think we've come a long way. On the field, we are winning more, but I honestly don't think we are much better in general than we were during the WAC era. I think the records of the WAC vs. C-USA eras are more a product of our competition level. We aren't playing Boise State, Fresno State of old, Hawai'i of old, and Nevada of old every year anymore. The best team in C-USA today was an FCS program and later 0-20+ winless Sun Belt newbie during our WAC era. Florida Atlantic, FIU, UTSA, Old Dominion, and Charlotte football didn't exist when we joined the WAC. WKU was a I-AA program. Marshall and Middle Tennessee were FBS newbies. And ULL is still in the Belch.

If you trust Sagarin, we are improved since the WAC days. Not dramatically, but something like moving from the 90's to the 60's.

I had to check up on how some of our old buddies are doing today and it's pretty comparable to CUSA.

Boise is 37. WKU is 33.
    Utah St is 95. ODU is 91.
    Nevada is 118. MT is 92.
    SJ State is 129. USM is 100.
    Hawaii is 131. UTSA is 106.
    Fresno St is 149. UNT is 144.

CUSA is now slightly tougher than those teams. Man, those teams have taken a nose-dive.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

The WAC was the best of the now so-called G5 conferences back then. Boazy, Fresno, Hawaii, Nevada were tough every year, and then later Utah State got good, and SJSU while mostly sucky, also had their seasons of success, and had some "signature" non-conference wins even in years when they got spanked in WAC play. Showed the real strength of the league. The consistent weak sisters were NMSU and Idaho. But, even IU won a bowl game one year...in some incredible comeback shoot-out.

Now, CUSA is clearly behind the American Conf, with the likes of Houston and Navy, and now USF and even Memphis have gotten good too. CUSA needs a strong Southern Miss, and Marshall, and Louisiana Tech...three traditional football "powers" and with the apparent arrival of WKU, and who knows, even ODU might emerge as a "very good" program, our conference CAN challenge as the best G5 league. We have a lot of ground to make up though.

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dogsince65 View Post
    WE live in world of instant gratification-- we go 7 wins in a row and lose a game and the whiney quitters bail on program!! Guys playing with broken ribs, hands and fighting like hell to keep SM from scoring from 1 yard line --late in game--Tech crowd gave them applause for effort-took 4 downs-- CH fighting for kickoff return . Only quitters I am seeing associated with Tech football is the usual BBB whiners..

I swear--I sure have lasted 50 years without throwing in towel .. on this page I see T! and PawDaw real supporters and rest as fair weather fans -- just frustrates me that real fans avoid BBB because of their crappy posts and believe me I have lots of folks kid me about "why you even go on there?" --

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

I just can't get excited now about this game. I do feel like we'll see a better effort from the team this week than in last weeks debacle, but you have to know their confidence has taken a beating. Add that to the fact we're playing a team with the best ST returner in football and a really good offense. We will have to be perfect on offense and get key stops on defense to even have a chance.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by Champ967 View Post
    EPIC...
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ OLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by T1 View Post
    Thank you. I can sum it up by saying I wasn't as much defending him as I was holding out judgement because I didn't see much talent on that 2013 offense outside of Dixon. Everyone was saying that's what a typical Holtz offense looks like because he is so conservative. I defend him now. I think he's proven he's a fine coach and an excellent fit here. He has his flaws, but don't they all?
    Yeah, Saban doesn't wear socks.

Saban's a recruiter primarily. He got beat by Charlie Weatherby before he amassed the talent.

Champ detltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    Agreed. The WAC was a much tougher conference than this. Glad we have more of a chance of winning CUSA than we did the WAC, but I do miss hosting the occasional top 25 team. Would much prefer us turn into that occasional top 25 team that other teams enjoy hosting.

Champ parisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond repute parisdog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dogsince65 View Post
    WE live in world of instant gratification-- we go 7 wins in a row and lose a game and the whiney quitters bail on program!! Guys playing with broken ribs, hands and fighting like hell to keep SM from scoring from 1 yard line --late in game--Tech crowd gave them applause for effort-took 4 downs-- CH fighting for kickoff return . Only quitters I am seeing associated with Tech football is the usual BBB whiners..

I swear--I sure have lasted 50 years without throwing in towel .. on this page I see T! and PawDaw real supporters and rest as fair weather fans -- just frustrates me that real fans avoid BBB because of their crappy posts and believe me I have lots of folks kid me about "why you even go on there?" --
    At least people can understand my posts...and maybe I want something more for LaTech. What I witnessed on Friday was a team not ready to play and your star QB Higgins reverting back to 2013.

+ Reply to Thread