+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: M. Basketball. Veterans Bounce Back to Propel Bulldogs to Home Win

2011 NFL Survivor Champion nadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond repute nadB's Avatar

Re: M. Basketball. Veterans Bounce Back to Propel Bulldogs to Home Win

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    Of course every game matters, but we are discussing the relevance of the results of a stupid math formula (RPI) right now.
    You and others have discussed this ad nauseam in the past. Tell it to the NCAA. If they want to look at KenPom or whatever, it's fine with me.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by nadB View Post
    It doesn't matter what I think; what matters is what matters to the NCAA, and by all accounts, they continue to like RPI, not KenPom ranking.
    I'm not disagreeing necessarily, but there are some glaring examples of RPI not being a factor in at-large selection. I suspect they say they'll use RPI, then just pick the biggest name/draw.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

It doesn't matter what I think; what matters is what matters to the NCAA, and by all accounts, they continue to like RPI, not KenPom ranking.
    You and others have discussed this ad nauseam in the past. Tell it to the NCAA. If they want to look at KenPom or whatever, it's fine with me.
    Now you are completely changing the subject. November RPIs do not matter to the NCAA. I've been trying to explain why you can't get a "good gauge" from the November RPIs.

Now the selection committee is a whole different discussion, but they do use March RPI, KenPom, and other metrics.

+ Reply to Thread