+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: USL Basketball Court

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Re: USL Basketball Court

Ok. I see it now, but. . .

I'm not sure it works like they were hoping. Maybe it's better in person?

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post
    They oughta just drain that swamp.
    ICEE what you did there. It does look terrible. To quote a great holiday movie..."Can't see the line, can you Russ?"

Can't make out anything on the court.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

That looks like crappola!! Can't imagine how bad it looks from the other side of the court.

Big Dog dawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud of dawg1984's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Historian View Post
    Cypress swamp. The tops of the trees are above the "Ragin". The problem is it really does look like peeling paint to anyone who doesn't know exactly what they're looking at.
    Glad you pointed that out. I thought they were going for some vintage gym with a wore out floor look.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

If you look real close and listen to Eddie Raven's I GOT MEXICO backwards - you can make out the image of the Avery Island Swamp Monster....
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

Typical USL-ULL, they never finish anything.

Get a Win Kent Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeKent Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeKent Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeKent Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeKent Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeKent Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeKent Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeKent Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeKent Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeKent Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeKent Ultimate jerk and not worth your time Kent's Avatar

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yoDI...I-_di7MO6Mgy7A

Just a small part of the 21.2 million dollar renovation. I hope some of you can see it on Saturday. I made a game there in Ruston a few years back. I realize the the Dome is not the TAC but it's getting close.

Champ The Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Kent View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yoDI...I-_di7MO6Mgy7A

Just a small part of the 21.2 million dollar renovation. I hope some of you can see it on Saturday. I made a game there in Ruston a few years back. I realize the the Dome is not the TAC but it's getting close.
    At the game in Ruston last year one of your assistant coaches made the statement that your athletic department would love to have its own facility - 7,500 to 8,500 seats - where you have total control. Not a cavernous arena like the Cajundome. No practicing in intramural facilities, and a place where players can walk in, turn on the lights and work out on the floor on which they play. With lockerroom, weightroom, and training facilities just steps away from the court. A person from our media relations department heard the conversation and said "just like the TAC".

One of the things that surprised me about the Cajundome renovation is that additional seating was added. The trend with these types of renovations has been to remove seating and then add high-end seating in its place for well-healed donors, along with wider, more comfortable seats for the general public.

Was any of that done?

Get a Win Kent Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeKent Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeKent Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeKent Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeKent Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeKent Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeKent Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeKent Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeKent Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeKent Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeKent Ultimate jerk and not worth your time Kent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Historian View Post
    At the game in Ruston last year one of your assistant coaches made the statement that your athletic department would love to have its own facility - 7,500 to 8,500 seats - where you have total control. Not a cavernous arena like the Cajundome. No practicing in intramural facilities, and a place where players can walk in, turn on the lights and work out on the floor on which they play. With lockerroom, weightroom, and training facilities just steps away from the court. A person from our media relations department heard the conversation and said "just like the TAC".

One of the things that surprised me about the Cajundome renovation is that additional seating was added. The trend with these types of renovations has been to remove seating and then add high-end seating in its place for well-healed donors, along with wider, more comfortable seats for the general public.

Was any of that done?
    So someone over heard an assistant in a conversation he wasn't involved in? Those statements were obviously made before he saw the renovations. I bet he'd take this new Dome any day over most college basketball arenas in America.

In the newly remodeled Dome all the seats were brought closer to the court in a much more intimate setting. The additional seats you mention were added on the base lines of the end zones. Before end zone seats were setback some. Now they are on the court. It has always had luxury suites that will be remodeled in the next phase. I have heard the head coach say the new dome gives it a big time college / boarder line NBA fill and kids today that are being recruited love that.

The Louisiana Ragin Cajuin basketball team has never practiced in an intramural facility on a regular basis. During the season when the court is down on a regular basis they practice on the game floor. They have a practice court in the same building adjacent to the full size indoor football field. This one large building allows basketball to have a full time practice court, football to get out of thunderstorms and hold a full practice, baseball and softball to hold full practices on cold rainy January days. A player of any sport can walk into that facility and flip the lights and do as he wishes. For hoops it is sort of like in BR where a player can practice on the underground court anytime but can't just help themselves to the PMAC.

As far as a weight room goes they just built a brand new weight room that is 2nd to none. The company supplying the weights has done several major P5 schools including Nebraska and Michigan said that was the largest weight order they'd ever had. If an assistant was complaining about his weight room situation then he was obvious just playing you because his is one of the best in the country.

By the way the U owns the CD in partnership with the city. If it were a 7k seat arena that was solely for basketball they desired right up the road is building called the Blackham Coliseum that with a little renovation could be as good as any currently in this state that is not the PMAC. I don't think that assistant speaks for the athletic department or his head coach in those statements.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

I don't like the floor. I don't like Oregon's or any other arena with such nonsense.

It's been years since I was last in the Cajundome, obviously before these renovations. I recall some folks expressing dissatisfaction with the facility, but I thought it was fine. Even back then. I have only been there about 4 or 5 times, twice when Tech played there. Again, I thought it was fine. So, if these renos improve the arena, sans the floor, then okay, great.

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    I don't like the floor. I don't like Oregon's or any other arena with such nonsense.

It's been years since I was last in the Cajundome, obviously before these renovations. I recall some folks expressing dissatisfaction with the facility, but I thought it was fine. Even back then. I have only been there about 4 or 5 times, twice when Tech played there. Again, I thought it was fine. So, if these renos improve the arena, sans the floor, then okay, great.
    I am with you on the floor either you like that sort of thing or not. I was never a huge fan of Oregon's either. That floor is a result of a recommendation by a Mike Alden a consultant to college athletic department who knows way more about branding and image than I will ever. Mike and his staff was hired to do a survey and make recommendations to the athletic department over all. They are still on board and will make future recommendations. They are also involved in the hiring process of the new AD. One of his recommendations in branding was to push Louisiana Ragin Cajuns and the culture. People outside of La hear Louisiana and immediatley think Cajun. So rather you like it or not Ragin Cajuns is an unique mascot and the Cajun culture is unique and the court is just another way of embrassing both. Hell I've seen Shereveport claim to be Cajun during an I bowl add and I don't blame them it sells.

The biggest difference in the Cajun Dome from when you went is, it used to feel like a big arena that hosted a basketball game. Now with new lighting and seating it feels like a basketball arena that is capable of hosting other money making events for the community.

Champ revf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond repute revf's Avatar

I thought that the floor looks gimmicky, and also there would be an issue if your seats were on the other side.

I think the needed renovations was that the cajun dome always felt like a cave. You were so far away from the basketball court it was crazy. Most modern courts want the place to be intimate so that the fan feels like they are a part of the game. The last game I went to at the cajun dome it felt like you were in a different zip code from the court.

Quote Originally Posted by revf View Post
    I thought that the floor looks gimmicky, and also there would be an issue if your seats were on the other side.

I think the needed renovations was that the cajun dome always felt like a cave. You were so far away from the basketball court it was crazy. Most modern courts want the place to be intimate so that the fan feels like they are a part of the game. The last game I went to at the cajun dome it felt like you were in a different zip code from the court.
    You hit the nail on the head the biggest part of the remodel was bringing the seats to the court and the lighting that puts emphasis on the court and not the rest of the place as much. You may recall walk ways between the seats and the floor before. Those are now behind the seats and you come up from underneath now. You should come see it on Sat.

The court has very mixed reviews that are a matter of opinions which everyone has. Some folks love oregons court some hate it but everybody knows it because it is different. Same with Bosie's blue turf some love it, I think it is hideous and hard to look at, but everybody knows Bosies for it's turf. Boise was nothing before the turf. You are correct all those things are marketing gimmicks.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

I think most would agree that the TAC needs to be worked on from a fan experience standpoint. Need to figure out a way to get our students located on the baseline instead of sideline. Need sideline seating to be 10 feet closer to the action. Right now, IMO, the best seats are like ours. We sit in the corner just at the end of the opposing bench on the railing. Need more seats on top of the action like that.

Champ OLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond repute

I know that most Lafayette citizens are very pleased with the renovations (with the possible exception of the court job). They are champions in their support for their university - which doesn't reciprocate, instead want to shed any reference to their home town. That is the way our kinfolk over there feel about it.

+ Reply to Thread