+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2016-2017 duck season

Champ 1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light

2016-2017 duck season

Any duck reports?

I've heard that Mer Rouge area down to Hwy 15 south of Monroe had a good first split. Some good hunting in spots in Felsenthal.

On other side of the state, good many grays killed along the hwy 1/71 corridor south of Shreveport to Coushatta. Some decent reports out of powhattan and cloutierville (wood ducks, grays, and blackjacks).

some spotty reports in Gin City, Bradley, and Texarkana areas too. Overall, more positive than negative thus far. Much better than last year.

Champ Choudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond repute Choudawg86's Avatar

Re: 2016-2017 duck season

I don't know anyone from mer rouge down that had a good first split. I'm sure its' spotty and maybe there were a dozen or two birds somewhere. friends who are at jones struggled also as well as others I know around lake village. I tell ya, we had a good season the first year I was in my current lease, three years ago but the last two have sucked. if this second split doesn't produce, im prob done and will look toward shoot'n woodies on the creeks.

now, I will say, I think a large part of our problems was a SEVERE lack of water in the area. we had water but it takes a LOT of water in the area to hold ducks and there just wasn't any.

Champ marketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond repute marketdawg's Avatar

I've heard there are HUGE numbers of ducks in our area (NW La and Red River). The guy we lease from called me and sent some pics and there are mallards and greys everywhere. My dad's place in Monroe (Richland) is absolutely packed with birds. Ought to be stellar this weeekend...unfortunately I'm in a business where I can't get loose until after Christmas. Y'all have fun!
    “Towie Barclay of the Glen, Happy to the maids, But never to the men.”

Champ 1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light

There is certainly some weather moving in this weekend. Hopefully, it will push more birds into the area.

Champ mentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud of mentechsters's Avatar

I have a lease in SE Arkansas about 15 miles north of Jones, LA. We had a terrible 1st split, but we didn't have much huntable water. Word is, birds moved in 2 days ago in full force. I know a few groups in Mer Rouge that had great 1st splits, but they had water early. Been a tough last few years for us, but I think that pretty much describes everyone up in that area.

Champ marketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond repute marketdawg's Avatar

Our guys did very well on Sat am . Only one guy went Sunday Am and got there early...called to wake me up because he forgot the gate combo..then had to turn around and go home as he had left his waders at the house The landowner called me later that AM and said there were ducks everywhere!

Champ Choudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond repute Choudawg86's Avatar

Saturday we saw a LOT of birds but very few worked for us, yesterday morning FAR FAR fewer birds but they worked into the hole better and someone that could shoot, shoulda come out with two limits by 8:30. since then I've talked to others from lake providence to start and Catahoula and none of them were overwhelming reports. Maybe it will take another couple days for them to come on down but as my biologist friend told me while ago, THIS is the freeze we've been saying we needed up north for two years and now that we have it, the birds still aren't here.

Champ faninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond repute faninmonroe's Avatar

1st split was great in the ag fields

2nd split start is still under review - if you hunt flooded timber you are stacking mallards - the open fields are having a tougher time

Quote Originally Posted by marketdawg View Post
    Our guys did very well on Sat am . Only one guy went Sunday Am and got there early...called to wake me up because he forgot the gate combo..then had to turn around and go home as he had left his waders at the house The landowner called me later that AM and said there were ducks everywhere!
    I think one of your guys and his son showed up at our camp on Saturday PM...by his own admission, he was more into conservation that killing!

Champ mentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud of mentechsters's Avatar

We hammered the mallards this week at our place. We are loaded in one field, and I haven't seen a duck in any of our other fields. Not one.

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by marketdawg View Post
    Charlie?
    Good old Memorial Gym

don't have much to contribute to this thread, yet, but this was from youth day back in Nov.

darby 3 duck2.jpg

Champ faninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond repute faninmonroe's Avatar

Ducks are there for the taking on 15 - just don't have time to hunt - work is demanding right now....

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by faninmonroe View Post
    Ducks are there for the taking ....
    labg

Quote Originally Posted by 1L_dawg View Post
    I think one of your guys and his son showed up at our camp on Saturday PM...by his own admission, he was more into conservation that killing!
    Oklahoma? If so that was Charlie. I hunted Christmas morning and there were birds but they were way out in the tough stuff and I was real, real tired. Going Friday AM and I'm fully rested and ready!

+ Reply to Thread