+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: When can the Saints blow it up?

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Re: When can the Saints blow it up?

It was 1979....I think (probably have the year wrong). Both the Saints and the Rams are 8-7 tied for first in the old NFC West. Final regular season game happens to be Rams at Saints. All we have to do is win this game and we are division champs and playoffs bound!!! Saints dominate the 1st Half and most of the 3rd qtr, but due to shooting themselves in the foot...numerous times...only lead by 10 pts or so, 20-10, or a score like that. Then there are 7 mins left...Saints D gets a stop, Rams punt...Saints run the ball twice, clock is running, down to 6 mins...3rd and 1 at around our 30 yard line. We decide a pass is a good idea...Nolan Cromwell steps in front of a down and out route.....Pick 6! Saints 20 Rams 17. Saints get the ball after the kickoff. Run the ball, get a first down, another couple of runs, another first down. Rams burn all their timeouts. Saints face a 3rd and 2...try a pass, ball is tipped, Nolan Cromwell takes it back, Pick 6! Saints 20 Rams 24. Ended up as final score. We leave the Dome and head to Pat O's and get plastered by Hurricanes. Swear we will never waste our time attending another Saints' game....ever! (until the next time).

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by StrayDawg View Post
    Payton fired FIVE assistant coaches today. Joe Vitt is a surprise, but McMahon needed to go. Big changes were needed, and it looks like Payton is making them.

(From ProFootballTalk.com)
    Sean Payton fires five Saints assistants, including Joe Vitt
    And kept our lousy DC?

If you didn't know before, you now know what (who) the problem is.

Champ StrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond repute StrayDawg's Avatar

Giving Rob Ryan the axe last year was a good move. You can't fire Dennis Allen after only one season. I actually thought the defense improved in the second half of the season. They weren't great, but when all starting DBs are on IR, you have a hard time defending the pass.

I agree with The Historian about Jeff Ireland, and I think these 5 coaches are just the beginning of changes. I expect to see a few front office guys and scouts be given a pink slip as well. Ever since Mickey Loomis was put in charge of the Pelicans, things have started slipping when it comes to talent evaluation and draft picks. I think this is what Payton wanted to change last year when he flirted with leaving, and it's finally going to hit the fan.

I'm always optimistic, but with the IR players coming back, and a couple of good defensive draft picks, the Saints aren't that far away from contending for the playoffs again. It also won't hurt that we will have about $50M in salary cap to play with this year. We haven't had that luxury in a while.

As bad as things were this season, we still would have been tied with Detroit (9-7) for a wild card spot, if our special teams hadn't given away the Denver and NYG games. Of course, we laid an egg against Detroit, so they would have had the tie-breaker.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    Yep. I've been preparing my son all season by telling him that he'll grow up with the same pathetic Saints I grew up with.
    Fear not guys......you have a a REAL alternative!!! AMERICA's Team!!

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Five of the six most popular games during the 2016 season featured the Cowboys, according to Sports Media Watch. After nine weeks of flailing ratings (viewership across the league was down 14 percent), the Cowboys' resurgence coincided with a substantial uptick in interest. Over the second half of the season, the Cowboys averaged 23.7 million viewers which, as Bloomberg.com notes (via Fox), was more than last year's World Series (23.4 million) and the NBA Finals (20.2 million).

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/heres-why-the-cowboys-success-may-have-saved-the-nfl-from-a-tv-ratings-nightmare/

"There's not another brand in American sports that delivers that kind of impact," said Michael Mulvihill, Fox Sports' executive vice president of research. The Cowboys "have always been the most popular team. Now we have a resurgence, and that's great."

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Fear not guys......you have a a REAL alternative!!! AMERICA's Team!!

Or I could saw off my own foot with a rusty butter knife. That sounds more appealing.

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    Or I could saw off my own foot with a rusty butter knife. That sounds more appealing.

Champ ChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond repute

I would like to know why so many SAINTS fans have animosity toward the Cowboys? Seriously, as a lifelong Cowboys fan who's been around both fan bases all my life, I don't think I've ever heard a Cowboys fan talk about the Saints the way some of y'all talk about the Cowboys...

Is there a history there that I don't know about?

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckK3 View Post
    Seriously, as a lifelong Cowboys fan who's been around both fan bases all my life, I don't think I've ever heard a Cowboys fan talk about the Saints the way some of y'all talk about the Cowboys...
    Bwhahaaahaaa. You obviously don't get to Dallas much.

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

I would like to know why so many SAINTS fans have animosity toward the Cowboys? Seriously, as a lifelong Cowboys fan who's been around both fan bases all my life, I don't think I've ever heard a Cowboys fan talk about the Saints the way some of y'all talk about the Cowboys...

It's a lot like the animosity that Tech fans have toward LSU. Growing up here in Shreveport, the local stations would almost always play the Cowboys over the Saints. It did not change until the Payton/Brees era.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Cause most of the bullies in middle school wore Cowboy Starter Jackets and Drew Pearson jerseys...
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    Cause most of the bullies in middle school wore Cowboy Starter Jackets and Drew Pearson jerseys...
    And later they turned out to be gay ...

(Not that there's anything wrong with that.)

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

I am dedicated to the Saints, Cubs, and Bulldogs. I have been taught to hate the Cowboys(proximity), Cardinals(rivalry), and tiggers(entitled brats). There are very few teams I could be a casual fan of and Dallas is just not one of those few.

Quote Originally Posted by sportdawg View Post
    It's a lot like the animosity that Tech fans have toward LSU. Growing up here in Shreveport, the local stations would almost always play the Cowboys over the Saints. It did not change until the Payton/Brees era.
    And for the next 20 years everybody in the Shreveport area is going to be begging for the Cowboys.

Champ ChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    And for the next 20 years everybody in the Shreveport area is going to be begging for the Cowboys.
    It's nice to see Cowboys merchandise once again showing up in north Louisiana stores.

+ Reply to Thread