+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: When can the Saints blow it up?

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Re: When can the Saints blow it up?

Anyone who roots against Notre Dame is going straight to Hell. No, don't blame me. I'm just the messenger here.

Champ revf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond repute revf's Avatar

My disdain of the cowboys came from growing up in northwest Louisiana.

Everybody was a cowboy fan. Shreveport has always had Dallas envy.

Champ ChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    It's easy to be a bandwagon fan of a winner -

A true fan of a loser, not so much....
    Amen. My grandfather was a SAINTS fan. When New Orleans was drawing more flies than fans, and those who did show up wore paper sacks on their heads, there was my 80-year-old papaw in his Saints cap watching his team. His team always LOST. My team had not had a losing season in 20 years. I was young, and didn't understand why he loved those Saints so much. They let him down week, after week, after week.

Of course now I know what he felt and why he felt it. It was much more than wins and losses for him. He had an attachment to the franchise. When he was almost too old to make the trip down to the Superdome (83), my Dad and his younger brother took their dad to the dome to a live game. Jim Mora autographed that Saints cap that my papaw had worn all those years.

That's how I learned what being a real fan was about. Now, at 52, I'm pulling from my own history of watching the Cowboys franchise...from the Tom Landry days to the dark days after 1996...and yeah, I'm having a lot of fun this year. I think Dak Prescott...our very own north Louisiana guy...along with Zeke Elliott, Cole Beasley, etc have an opportunity to make history this year. I'm not counting my chickens, certainly, but this team is YOUNG. There should be many more fun and exciting games with the Blue and Silver.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

The reason we have so many "older" Cowboy fans right now - ages 40-70 - is due to the same fact we have so many young LSU fans right now...

They won BIG for basically 20 plus years and young'uns love them some winners -
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Historian View Post
    You do realize a big reason for this type of viewership is a large part of the nation is rooting against the Cowboys, not for them. It's similar to Notre Dame football.
    Anyone who roots against the Dallas Cowboys is going straight to Hell. No, don't blame me. I'm just the messenger here.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckK3 View Post
    Amen. My grandfather was a SAINTS fan. When New Orleans was drawing more flies than fans, and those who did show up wore paper sacks on their heads, there was my 80-year-old papaw in his Saints cap watching his team. His team always LOST. My team had not had a losing season in 20 years. I was young, and didn't understand why he loved those Saints so much. They let him down week, after week, after week.

Of course now I know what he felt and why he felt it. It was much more than wins and losses for him. He had an attachment to the franchise. When he was almost too old to make the trip down to the Superdome (83), my Dad and his younger brother took their dad to the dome to a live game. Jim Mora autographed that Saints cap that my papaw had worn all those years.

That's how I learned what being a real fan was about. Now, at 52, I'm pulling from my own history of watching the Cowboys franchise...from the Tom Landry days to the dark days after 1996...and yeah, I'm having a lot of fun this year. I think Dak Prescott...our very own north Louisiana guy...along with Zeke Elliott, Cole Beasley, etc have an opportunity to make history this year. I'm not counting my chickens, certainly, but this team is YOUNG. There should be many more fun and exciting games with the Blue and Silver.
    Your story is very similar to mine. When I was growing up, my grandparents lived in Arcadia, so they received TV reception (via antenna) from both the Monroe and Shreveport markets. The Monroe TV station showed the Saints games while Shreveport showed the Cowboys. My grandfather loved watching the "lovable losers"...the Saints, and I would tease him about how bad they were. He would just laugh and say that he looked forward to watching 'em again next week.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Anyone who roots against the Dallas Cowboys is going straight to Hell. No, don't blame me. I'm just the messenger here.
    Ummm.....I won't be standing next to you if there's lightning in the area. Just saying...

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Ummm.....I won't be standing next to you if there's lightning in the area. Just saying...
    ...Hey...YOU are one of the Cowboy haters. You're the one the lightening will be hunting down.

Champ The Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    So what else has Satan been telling you?

Champ atobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to all atobulldog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Historian View Post
    So what else has Satan been telling you?
    It was a catch...

Champ ChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by atobulldog View Post
    It was a catch...
    HAHA nicely played.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Glad to see that HD admitted he was a bandwagon Cowboy fan from his childhood days...
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    Glad to see that HD admitted he was a bandwagon Cowboy fan from his childhood days...
    Yep. Since Jan 1, 1967. I've been a fan since the Cowboys LOST the 1966 (season) NFL championship to the Green Bay Packers the year BEFORE the Ice Bowl. After storming back, the game ended with the Cowboys failing to score from the 2-yd line in the last 4 plays.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1966_N...mpionship_Game

The final score was Green Bay 34, Dallas 27. Two weeks later, Green Bay went on to easily defeat the Kansas City Chiefs in Super Bowl I in Los Angeles.

Super Bowl 51 could be a rematch of Super Bowl 1. It could happen.

Champ skilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond repute skilldawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Super Bowl 51 could be a rematch of Super Bowl 1. It could happen.
    But not this year. Go Steelers.

+ Reply to Thread