+ Reply to Thread

Thread: China

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

China

Is China building a canal thru Nicaragua? It's supposed to be wide enough (wider than the Panama Canal) to accommodate super tankers and other ships too big for the Panama Canal. Saw a Facebook video by Dick Morris warning of this. But other than that, I've only seen some blurbs about it in various blogs and articles. But those were all strictly saying China and Nicaragua had met and discussed the possibility. Nothing really concrete (pardon the pun).

This would be a HUGE engineering undertaking. It would require digging a canal through solid ground 6X longer than the Panama Canal. It would be just north of the Costa Rican border and pass thru an environmentally sensitive area, a biological preserve rain forest. Whoa! I can just see the hippies from California chaining themselves to Chinese bulldozers!

Why would China do this? It would be very expensive and difficult. Well, you know the answer. It would render the Panama Canal practically obsolete and give the Chicoms control of international shipping in the western hemisphere. Dick Morris says this is a violation of the Monroe Doctrine and would compel the US to take action up to, and including, military action.

The sheer magnitude of the project makes it nearly impossible. Certainly impractical. The Chicoms would be better served using those hundreds of $billions buying off Panamanian officials in exchange for control of their canal.

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

Re: China

Nicaragua's government approved a concession to Hong Kong Nicaragua Canal Development Company in 2013.

No one can finance it right now. The Chinese billionaire behind it lost 80% of his wealth during China's market crash. Nicaragua sure can't pay for it. China's government hasn't shown a willingness to fund it. In fact, if we go off the premise all "private" Chinese companies are actually ran by the government, they have shown more interest in expanding Panama Canal even more.

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

It is pronounced "JI - na".

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

I knew about the original announcement back in 2013, and the subsequent "suspension" of the project. But my point above (and I wasn't clear about it) is is there a RENEWED effort? Dick Morris says yes, there is. But I can't find anything else on it, other than a blog reference to a combined Chinese-Nicaragua engineering survey this past spring (2016).

Champ OLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond repute

Sucking toes can cause paranoia.

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

China is building railroads in Africa. They'll probably own all of the middle of Africa in 10 years where they're already doing a lot of mining.

Quote Originally Posted by DONW View Post
    China is building railroads in Africa. They'll probably own all of the middle of Africa in 10 years where they're already doing a lot of mining.
    Yep! China has been in Africa for decades. Lots of building, investing....political maneuvering.

As you know, if you read a thread I started about a water treatment system, I am working with a start-up venture TRYING to get a foothold in the highly competitive water market. Got a lead on an American company that was building modular houses in Tanzania and Kenya and they put out a call for other endeavors that include energy production, road construction, and water/sewerage systems. All are needed to build new communities, of course. Got a meeting with their CEO, but by the time we were able to meet, the Chinese had inked a deal with the Tanzanian government to build infrastructure there. I was given the contact for the Chinese company and advised to negotiate with them, if we were interested.

The Chicoms are moving fast in Africa, and in other parts of the world.

And, here's a story I heard....but have not confirmed...the Chinese ran into a problem at one of their gold mines with local tribesmen demanding payment for passage of the mine's trucks, and later, for the building of a railroad to the mine. There was a raid by mooslim extremists that practically wiped out that entire tribe, the men murdered, the women and children sold into slavery. Word is the Chinese financed the raid. True? I can't say. But, I tend to believe there's some truth to it.

+ Reply to Thread