+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: M. Basketball. LA Tech Battles Grambling State in Holiday Classic

Champ RhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond repute RhythmDawg's Avatar

Re: M. Basketball. LA Tech Battles Grambling State in Holiday Classic

Quote Originally Posted by skilldawg View Post
    I am a pretty hard core basketball fan. I was in Shreveport yesterday afternoon and drove right by Centurytel at 5:30 headed back to Ruston.

$25 to watch us beat Grambling by 34 is about $20 too much.

I guess the thought was $25 for 3 games is a great price.

Really?

Centenary v. Milsapps? You need to be paying me to watch that.

ulm v northwestern? Frankly, that was always going to be the best game to watch. As a TECH fan, I probably would have watched the second half if the price was reasonable.

This event was ill conceived from the beginning and whoever put it together priced themselves out of drawing respectable crowds. Apparently there are approximately 894 hardcore basketball fans in the Shreveport metro area.
    I was there and brought 6 people with me...three who live in Bossier City in addition to my normal crew. We sat on the front row. All three now want to come to some games at the TAC, and we made plans for the Jan 7 game against UTSA. For two of those three, it will be their first game at the TAC.

I enjoyed myself.

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

The tickets were only $15 if you got GA (which we moved to a better section pretty easily).

Not sure how the counted attendance, but 877 would probably be accurate.

The centenary game reported 537
    nsu/ulm reported 737

Also, the Mudbugs were playing and they have a lot of fans that would have been their tonight including DS65.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Ill-conceived event. Either you price it such that people, families can come, or you bring in some named teams. But, really, that would be impossible to pull off. The only named teams that would (er, might) draw a great crowd would be: Duke, Kentucky, UNC... and no way is that happening. Even LSU has fallen off the radar in MBB. Yeah, if LSU was involved in this event there would be a much better crowd. But, that MIGHT mean 2,500-3,000 instead of the 900 they got.

Bottom line is this:

1. no one cares about basketball in North Louisiana
    2. Shreveport/Bossier is a pitiful sports town(s)

But, I'm glad RythmDawg enjoyed himself. It was all worth it...

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RhythmDawg View Post
    I was there and brought 6 people with me...three who live in Bossier City in addition to my normal crew. We sat on the front row. All three now want to come to some games at the TAC, and we made plans for the Jan 7 game against UTSA. For two of those three, it will be their first game at the TAC.

I enjoyed myself.
    Thanks for being a great representative for Tech. If they can afford to drive from Bossier and pay the prices our AD charges for tickets, they have potential to become great fan$.

Quote Originally Posted by sportdawg View Post

Not sure how the counted attendance, but 877 would probably be accurate.
    800ish is probably very close to what we normally get this time if year in Ruston (less student count).

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by skilldawg View Post
    $25 to watch us beat Grambling by 34 is about $20 too much.
    It's not about good crowd size and exposure for Tech vs a quality opponent. Our AD got a pay raise from $140K/year to $248K/year. $5-$10 tickets to a basketball game are not going to 'feed the bulldog', but $25 tickets will 'milk the cow'. You should consider yourself lucky that the "Best Band from Tiger Land" didn't perform. You would have had to pay about $50/ticket.

http://www.thenewsstar.com/story/spo...deal/89785256/

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DogsWin View Post
    It's not about good crowd size and exposure for Tech vs a quality opponent. Our AD got a pay raise from $140K/year to $248K/year. $5-$10 tickets to a basketball game are not going to 'feed the bulldog', but $25 tickets will 'milk the cow'. You should consider yourself lucky that the "Best Band from Tiger Land" didn't perform. You would have had to pay about $50/ticket.

http://www.thenewsstar.com/story/spo...deal/89785256/

Tommy Mac, Konkol, and Brooke S. are all over-paid.

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    You've got a similar salary, right Jim

The new deal for McClelland, which would run Aug. 1, 2016 through July 31, 2021, includes the same $140,000 base pay from the school. However, his salary from Louisiana Tech University Foundation increases from $85,000 to $108,000, good for a $23,000 raise. The $108,000 is described as McClelland's "role as a fundraiser for the Foundation, and to promote Louisiana Tech athletic programs."

You've got a similar salary, right Jim
    Not me. I make minimum wage. You must be thinking of Hogdawg, he makes a cool $40,000!

Not me. I make minimum wage. You must be thinking of Hogdawg, he makes a cool $40,000!
    You must work 160 hours a week at minimum wage

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

T-Mac has a 5-yr contract.
    Konkol has a 5-yr contract.
    Stoehr has a 6-yr contract.

But Dan Reneau wouldn't give Kim Mulkey a 5-yr contract.

2011 NFL Survivor Champion nadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond repute nadB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post

800ish is probably very close to what we normally get this time if year in Ruston (less student count).
    Probably closer to 600ish TOTAL for pva&mu.

Champ RhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond repute RhythmDawg's Avatar

1. no one cares about basketball in North Louisiana
    2. Shreveport/Bossier is a pitiful sports town(s)

But, I'm glad RythmDawg enjoyed himself. It was all worth it...
    On all three of these points, I agree.

You must work 160 hours a week at minimum wage
    Nope

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bskelley15 View Post
    877 reported. I wasn't there, so someone else will have to guesstimate that actual number.
    Who gets the lion's share of the 877 gate?

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    Who gets the lion's share of the 877 gate?

+ Reply to Thread