+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Clutch!

Big Dog TrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant future

Re: Clutch!

Quote Originally Posted by nadB View Post
    It's not all that matters, not by any means.

It got us to NIT, NIT, and NIT, which is a heck of a lot better than most of "peers'.
    I'm messing with you. Speedy and Heem are two of my all time favorites. What Mike White, and those three guys including Kyser did for this program cant be denied. We were one of the worst teams in D1 when they came here. Coach Konkol will do an admirable job in continuing the progress that we are making. Outside of Stapleton, I think this group of 4 FR along with next years class is better than all the guys White brought in from the high school level. Konkol is a high level recruiter, he will have to show that he can develop the talent he has brought in, and I think that he will.

Big Dog TrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant future

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    At this point in their careers they are better than Speedy or Heem...
    Without a shadow of a doubt.

Champ skilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond repute skilldawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    Sacrilege to me. Neither of those guys play the defense that Speedy and Heem did. The offensive potential is there, but it's definitely way too early to call any of these guys clutch. They are winless 0-5 against real DI teams, 1-5 if you consider SELA a real DI team.
    You obviously ignored "will be".

Just my personal opinion. If Harris projects out, he will be the clutch guy and he will be better than either of those guys that we all loved.

Both of our current freshmen guards are better than the equivalent freshmen Speedy and Heem. Only time will tell if they are better than the upper class versions.

Champ skilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond repute skilldawg's Avatar

I will elaborate more on Harris if anyone cares.

My definition of clutch is who I want to have the ball if I have to get a bucket in a half court set.

There are basically 4 ways to get a bucket. Shoot from deep, mid-range jump shot, drive to the rim or create a shot in the low post starting with your back to the basket.

The ability to create your own shot is rare. The ability to create, and consistently make, the first 3 types of shots is probably the rarest offensive skill in basketball. Add on the ability to post up your opponent, regardless of size... that is a dodo bird. In my 40 plus years of following TECH basketball, I have seen exactly one of those guys. Robert Godbolt. That is why I rate him as the most complete player I have seen here. He shot 60 percent from the field and they were not just dunks.

With regard to Harris, I already see plenty of evidence that he can create those first three type of shots. Maybe he is not creating 3's yet, but he can hit them when a teammate sets him up and he definitely has the skill set to beat his defender to the rim or pull up for the lost art of a mid-range shot.

I may be way off base, but this guy looks like a bigger version of G. Henderson to me, although probably not quite as creative on his release points from deep.��

I know each and every one of you hopes I am right and will unmercifully rag on me if I am wrong.

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

A key variable to being "clutch" is pressure. Until a player performs in a pressurized context with high caliber competition, there's no way to determine whether he embodies the clutch factor.
    Have you considered those Dogs?

Quote Originally Posted by boxerdog View Post
    A key variable to being "clutch" is pressure. Until a player performs in a pressurized context with high caliber competition, there's no way to determine whether he embodies the clutch factor.
    Agreed.

Bulldog cnn003 is just really nicecnn003 is just really nicecnn003 is just really nicecnn003 is just really nicecnn003 is just really nicecnn003 is just really nicecnn003 is just really nicecnn003 is just really nicecnn003 is just really nicecnn003 is just really nicecnn003 is just really nice

Quote Originally Posted by skilldawg View Post

I know each and every one of you hopes I am right and will unmercifully rag on me if I am wrong.
    I feel like this quote sums up the entire BBB experience. Kudos

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by skilldawg View Post
    I may be way off base, but this guy looks like a bigger version of G. Henderson to me, although probably not quite as creative on his release points from deep.��
    That's who he reminds me of the most -

But if folks remember G's first year here - he was HORRIBLE his first few ballgames and I mean 0-fer horrible

As much as we loved Heem and Speedy and Alex - I believe they had 3 game winning shots combined in their 4 years here

Heem vs NWSt as a freshman

Alex vs OU as a sophomore

And Speedy vs Iona as a junior on a put back

There may have been more, but those are three that I definitely remember

Jean already has a halfcourt buzzer better vs Marshall as a freshman

Harris scored 8 of 10 down the stretch vs PVAM to win it

These kids are getting their chops
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Didn't Heem hit a game winner at the JUCO in Monroe maybe in his first year? Or did I make that up?

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar

Didn't Heem hit a game winner at the JUCO in Monroe maybe in his first year? Or did I make that up?
    That was the NWSt, I believe that FTs won it - maybe Sousa and Lewis?

Looking back over box scores from their frosh season of 2011-2012 there were a lot of missed FT's and 3 pt'ers in the closing minutes of ballgames by Speedy & Heem that allowed 4 & 5pt leads to become real close ballgames or some times losses -

Trevor Gaskins and Brandon Gibson were the go to players in crunch time on that team until Gibson hurt his ankle late in the year

And an argument could be made that this group has played a tougher non-conference schedule than that group did

It's funny how time changes our perspective on things, until we go back and look closely at the past

2011 NFL Survivor Champion nadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond repute nadB's Avatar

Kyle Gibson won a game at the juco in 2009 with a buzzer-beating 3. Happened right in front of where I was sitting.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Kyle Gibson won a game at the juco in 2009 with a buzzer-beating 3. Happened right in front of where I was sitting.
    Did someone mention a "buzzer beater"???

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2016/03/watc...-buzzer-beater

Champ parisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond repute parisdog's Avatar

Gibson was a good player, but was stuck on a sucky team. What is he doing these days?

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Yes! KG! That's the one.

+ Reply to Thread