+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: W. Basketball. @LATechWBB Falls to Memphis, 56-54

Champ BlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud of

Re: W. Basketball. @LATechWBB Plays at Memphis Monday Night

Quote Originally Posted by OLDBLUE View Post
    Where's Santos?
    Seems that Santos warms the bench while Brooks 2 freshman get plenty of playing time... Santos must be in the dog house or something!
    Memphis was not a very good team and the Techsters weren't good enough to beat them even tho they had 3 players not dress out for the game!
    Conference play is going to be ugly folks!

I'm just a bot - I can't respond to your posts News_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the rough News_Bot's Avatar

W. Basketball. @LATechWBB Falls to Memphis, 56-54

A new article has been posted on www.latechsports.com:

Brea Elmore sank two free throws with 6 seconds to play to lift the Memphis Tigers to a 56-54 win over Louisiana Tech before 542 fans at Elma Roane Fieldhouse Monday night.

More...

Discuss it here.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: W. Basketball. @LATechWBB Falls to Memphis, 56-54

You can hear Brooke's frustration in the interview. The Techsters did fight hard to come back, but they haven't learned to close these close games or keep the focus for an entire game yet. I hope these growing pains really pay off when conference play starts. Hopefully, the players are learning valuable lessons.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by BlindDog View Post
    Seems that Santos warms the bench while Brooks 2 freshman get plenty of playing time... Santos must be in the dog house or something!
    Memphis was not a very good team and the Techsters weren't good enough to beat them even tho they had 3 players not dress out for the game!
    Conference play is going to be ugly folks!
    I am not so sure that conference play will be ugly. Watching Brooke at NWST, she always had teams that consistently improved as the year progressed. I have great hope that this group will continue to improve. They have lapses, but are fighters. Once we break this "close game loss" syndrome, I think we will start a great winning streak.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

I think the Techsters will get better relative to other teams' progress as the year goes on. Can't just say the team will get better, as that is true of most teams. Usually everyone improves as the season goes on. But, Brooke's teams have, in the past, gotten much better, such that a team that beat them in December, wouldn't do so in March. I've seen it.

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    I think the Techsters will get better relative to other teams' progress as the year goes on. Can't just say the team will get better, as that is true of most teams. Usually everyone improves as the season goes on. But, Brooke's teams have, in the past, gotten much better, such that a team that beat them in December, wouldn't do so in March. I've seen it.
    Totally agree!

Champ philgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her game

I am going to keep this short, I love the effort of this team, they do play hard, I see no give up in them but they also seem to wake up in a different world everyday!!! We bring that CRAPTASTIC performance to Lafayette on Thursday we get beat by 25 points and that is if ULL is not playing their best.

FOCUS, FOCUS and more FOCUS apparently they are playing like they practice and rebounding isnt about talent it is about heart and pride, this team NEEDS a strong dose of Pride.

We knew it would be tough this year but we cannot make STUPID COMMON errors like fouling 40 ft from the goal with the offensive players back to the basket, that says nothing but that not everyone was paying attention in the time outs, WE CANNOT MISS FREE THROWS in close games, it is all about focus.

This team can either be mental midgets or mental giants and right now we are showing to be Strong Mental Midgets that aspire to be Mental Giants they just have to apply the focus!!!!!

Champ BlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud of

Looking back at the box score I see Santos had 3 min.s and Molton had 1...
    This team clearly has no leadership on it ...Soph's and Fresmen players may make our future look brighter, BUT, for now or, this season...I don't know!

Looking back at the box score I see Santos had 3 min.s and Molton had 1...
    This team clearly has no leadership on it ...Soph's and Fresmen players may make our future look brighter, BUT, for now or, this season...I don't know!
    I agree that senior leadership is greatly needed. Brooke is really building for the future, though. I think and hope we will do well in conference play, but I am most excited watching these young players and even more talent coming in........

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

[QUOTE=champion110;1626909]I agree that senior leadership is greatly needed. Brooke is really building for the future, though. I think and hope we will do well in conference play, but I am most excited watching these young players and even more talent coming in........[/QUOTE]

And for the 15th straight year we get the old Cubs' mantra "wait til next year!" Heck, even the Cubs abandoned that losing mentality and decided to win.

I don't think Brooke S. is the type of coach, type of personality, who can tolerate losing now, just to build something for some unknown future. I agree with philgarris' viewpoint, there is no reason to accept stupidity now, and try to write it off as some "learning curve." Bullshit! I will give Brooke S. the benefit of the doubt because I have witnessed her coaching, up close. I've watched her at practices, and I've heard her talking to her players during games. She knows what it takes to win. Period.

I can't offer a reason why the Techsters are doing stupid things on the floor, not after 10 games and all the practice time. Maybe they are just slow learners, I don't know. But, I do know Brooke S. has zero tolerance for mental lapses and loss of focus and motivation. She is playing with another coach's players, mostly.

[QUOTE=dawg80;1626924]
    Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    I agree that senior leadership is greatly needed. Brooke is really building for the future, though. I think and hope we will do well in conference play, but I am most excited watching these young players and even more talent coming in........[/QUOTE]

And for the 15th straight year we get the old Cubs' mantra "wait til next year!" Heck, even the Cubs abandoned that losing mentality and decided to win.

I don't think Brooke S. is the type of coach, type of personality, who can tolerate losing now, just to build something for some unknown future. I agree with philgarris' viewpoint, there is no reason to accept stupidity now, and try to write it off as some "learning curve." Bullshit! I will give Brooke S. the benefit of the doubt because I have witnessed her coaching, up close. I've watched her at practices, and I've heard her talking to her players during games. She knows what it takes to win. Period.

I can't offer a reason why the Techsters are doing stupid things on the floor, not after 10 games and all the practice time. Maybe they are just slow learners, I don't know. But, I do know Brooke S. has zero tolerance for mental lapses and loss of focus and motivation. She is playing with another coach's players, mostly.
    Which could be the reason that some players had very little playing time in our last game. I haven't given up on this year, but this is her first year and, as much as she wants to win now, it may take some time to get it all together. I do expect improvement during this year, though.

Still curious about Allen and why Gibson has yet to play?
    With Allen it could possibly be grades but I would find that very disappointing from a Sr. Transffer!

Champ philgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her game

Still curious about Allen and why Gibson has yet to play?
    With Allen it could possibly be grades but I would find that very disappointing from a Sr. Transffer!
    I don't know but if it is grade holding either of them back that is just absolutely selfish on their part not to do what you agreed to do coming into the agreement of the Scholarship, not maintaining the minimum GPA there is no excuse.

Allen needs to be on the floor and she could provide that leadership we are missing and we don't know why either of them are not there but they need to get it figured out and start doing their part!!

I have not heard about either of them being injured

+ Reply to Thread