+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: M. Basketball. LA Tech Falls at Home to FGCU

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Re: M. Basketball. LA Tech Falls at Home to FGCU

I hope this series continues for another two years -

I think Harris is more consistent than Dayon

If you would of told me Cobi would of only had 9 points with only 1 3pter for the game - I would of told you we got beat by 10+ points

nadb as the HOME team - we should of gone to the FT line about 25 times last night with a decent crew - they refused to make the calls on FGC, 15 free throws is LOW for what we should of got, especially considering the fact most of our goals were off the drive and around the basket and we almost scored 80pts still

If we get the calls its a double digit win easily
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

Dayon was pretty consistent on offense last year and he was a better defender and rebounder than Harris is at this point. I do believe Harris will be a better player in the long run. In the short term, there is a problem when you can't score with the starting 2 guard. Teams will eventually take Boykins out of the game using Gulf Coast's game plan.

Big Dog TrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant future

Quote Originally Posted by boxerdog View Post
    Dayon was pretty consistent on offense last year and he was a better defender and rebounder than Harris is at this point. I do believe Harris will be a better player in the long run. In the short term, there is a problem when you can't score with the starting 2 guard. Teams will eventually take Boykins out of the game using Gulf Coast's game plan.
    Dayon would score 20 one night, and 4 the next night and sulk after every missed shot. Boykins played a heck of a floor game and is our best defender. Harris is going to be an absolute star at Tech I'm convinced. Has a beautiful runner, can shoot the 3, and doesn't miss at the line. Down the stretch, Jean and Bracey didn't play much together, I think that is best way to go late in games for sure. If Jean is knocking down shots, he can be at the 2, but right now he is struggling adjusting to his new role.

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

I will look over the box scores from last year.

2011 NFL Survivor Champion nadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond repute nadB's Avatar

I will look over the box scores from last year.
    Is that a warning, or a promise ??

Quote Originally Posted by nadB View Post
    Is that a warning, or a promise ??
    An admission--my memory of Dayon's contribution might be skewed because of a few exceptional games...
    Have you considered those Dogs?

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar

An admission--my memory of Dayon's contribution might be skewed because of a few exceptional games...
    Be forewarned - the new website is not user friendly where archived stats are concerned

Varsity Bulldog dadawgula is a jewel in the roughdadawgula is a jewel in the roughdadawgula is a jewel in the roughdadawgula is a jewel in the roughdadawgula is a jewel in the roughdadawgula is a jewel in the roughdadawgula is a jewel in the roughdadawgula is a jewel in the roughdadawgula is a jewel in the roughdadawgula is a jewel in the roughdadawgula is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    I thought we played well enough to win but lacked a little on the defensive side of the ball -

I do know this - I want the ball in Harris, Bracey or Boykins hands in crunch time - we are O fer with it in McCree's hands with the game on the line

Missed lay-ups ultimately cost us the game but Rick Crawford was BRUTAL last night with bad and missed calls
    Not sure which one is Crawford, the baldy or other white guy? Both white guys got several calls dead, dead wrong. I am use to the other team being in the bonus with about 10 minutes to go in the first half. It is a TAC tradition. They did even up the fouls in the second but it shows their inconsistency. It is amazing that we should of won the game with the other team shooting 55% from the three point line.

We have some exciting players and while I do not think we will challenge for league champ, we could be very dangerous by tourney time.

Be forewarned - the new website is not user friendly where archived stats are concerned
    No kidding! I think I'm going to have to concede the point.

As for last night's game, that last "foul" they called on McCree looked like a clean block on the attempted dunk. It changed the game's outcome in all likelihood.

No kidding! I think I'm going to have to concede the point.

As for last night's game, that last "foul" they called on McCree looked like a clean block on the attempted dunk. It changed the game's outcome in all likelihood.
    That and the one Omar fouled out on was HORRENDOUS - no one touched the FGC player on the layup and they still called the foul

Rick Crawford must of been drunk last night

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

I saw Rick Crawford having lunch with Ken Antee the other day. Just saying....

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    I saw Rick Crawford having lunch with Ken Antee the other day. Just saying....
    Probably comparing hair gel notes...

That and the one Omar fouled out on was HORRENDOUS - no one touched the FGC player on the layup and they still called the foul

Rick Crawford must of been drunk last night
    Seemed like they called a foul every time somebody fell down. Gulf Coast players noticed and started falling down every time they were contested. Heck, they even called a foul against them for good defense on Cobi well after the play after he decided to fall. It was so late I didn't even notice because by that time somebody else had already put back his shot on a rebound.

All in all, I thought Erik played a terrific game. I wouldn't even pin the last possession on him because he caught the ball in a very precarious position. I'm not sure if we had a time-out but it would have better to advance the ball quickly to halfcourt and call a TO (hindsight). Oh well, it was a good game and fun to watch. I don't really have complaints except for how the officials inserted themselves unnecessarily on several occasions.

All in all, I thought Erik played a terrific game. I wouldn't even pin the last possession on him because he caught the ball in a very precarious position. I'm not sure if we had a time-out but it would have better to advance the ball quickly to halfcourt and call a TO (hindsight). Oh well, it was a good game and fun to watch. I don't really have complaints except for how the officials inserted themselves unnecessarily on several occasions.
    He addressed this in his post game comments -

Just felt that based on our offensive rhythm that we would get a clean shot and didn't want to disrupt it

I don't get the attention brought to the rebound on the back end of the missed free throw - it was a horrible bounce that went way over and behind to the right of the key, it's not like we got beat for position - if was just a bad freaky bounce

+ Reply to Thread