+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 25

Thread: NFLDRAFTSCOUT.COM LA Tech Rankings

  1. #1
    2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Plano, TX
    Posts
    12,951

    NFLDRAFTSCOUT.COM LA Tech Rankings

    NFLDraftScout.com has our players currently ranked for the Draft in the following positions:
    http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/p...&start_row=361

    Xavier Woods #6 Strong Safety
    Carlos Henderson #14 Wide Receiver
    Ryan Higgins #18 Quarterback
    Trent Taylor #36 Wide Receiver
    Darrell Brown #42 Offensive Guard

  2. #2
    Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    27,751

    Re: NFLDRAFTSCOUT.COM LA Tech Rankings

    Carlos needs to come back for his senior year. Then he'll go high in the draft next year. Trent WILL end up on some NFL team roster...probably the Patriots as they seem to be a lot smarter than most others. Xavier will make an NFL roster too.

  3. #3
    2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Plano, TX
    Posts
    12,951

    Re: NFLDRAFTSCOUT.COM LA Tech Rankings

    Agree completely. Get an insurance policy and come back for a year to make some serious money.
    Of course, there will be a lot of position rankings shift after the invitation bowls, combines,... Pro Day at LA Tech seems to be a huge positive for our guys.

  4. #4
    2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    14,703

    Re: NFLDRAFTSCOUT.COM LA Tech Rankings

    I honestly believe Higgins might have a shot. I watched alot of college football this season and there are only a few better than him. I'm not sure how his arm will grade out, but his mobility and ability to throw on the move is impressive.

    As for Carlos, he would certainly get drafted if he chooses to declare. However, he would garner a great deal of attention and probably propel himself to being one of the first wr's taken in 2018. For whatever reason, I think he'll hold out for the bigger pay day.

    Numbers don't lie. Trent Taylor is one of the best receivers in the country. I think a franchise or 2 will recognize this and draft him earlier than projected.
    Have you considered those Dogs?

  5. #5
    Champ DJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond repute
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Plano
    Posts
    2,111

    Re: NFLDRAFTSCOUT.COM LA Tech Rankings

    Which is better for a player like Trent?

    1) Get drafted in the sixth or seventh round to a random team and then have to work to make the roster.
    Lots of NFL teams view these players as comparable to upper level undrafted free agents, UFAs, who have NO guarantee to a roster spot.
    Curious what the bonus money is for the sixth and seventh rounds. Can't be very much.

    or

    2) Become an UFA, do your homework and sign with the team that gives you the best chance of making the roster.
    UFA status gives you a little more control at the cost of less signing bonus money.

    Which is better for a player like Trent, who might get several UFA offers?

  6. #6
    Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    27,751

    Re: NFLDRAFTSCOUT.COM LA Tech Rankings

    Either way will work for Trent. He'll end up with the Patriots and win 3 or 4 Super Bowl rings!

    And, how many career catches did Trent end up with?

  7. #7
    Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute Cool Hand Clyde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Memphis, TN
    Posts
    14,310

    Re: NFLDRAFTSCOUT.COM LA Tech Rankings

    Fumbleitis might haunt Taylor. Teams like the Patriots, where everyone likes to add a slow white stereotypical WR, don't tolerate that foolishness.

  8. #8
    Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    McKinney, TX & Franklin, TN
    Posts
    29,512

    Re: NFLDRAFTSCOUT.COM LA Tech Rankings

    Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Carlos needs to come back for his senior year. Then he'll go high in the draft next year. Trent WILL end up on some NFL team roster...probably the Patriots as they seem to be a lot smarter than most others. Xavier will make an NFL roster too.
    I agree. At #14, Henderson will be lucky to get drafted in the 4th round. First round "money" is approximately 10 times (10X) what 4th round money is. For example, Kenneth Dixon was drafted in the 4th round, and received a 4-year deal totaling roughly $2.5M. So he makes about 600K per year, all in. Contrast that with Dallas Cowboys rookie RB Ezekiel Elliot, who received a 5-year contract worth $25M, INCLUDING a $16M signing bonus. In short, Elliott makes roughly $5M per year for 5 years, and he received most of it up front.

    So going to the NFL after his junior year could cost Carlos Henderson a lot of money. On the surface, it doesn't appear to be a good business decision.

  9. #9
    Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    34,060

    Re: NFLDRAFTSCOUT.COM LA Tech Rankings

    Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    I agree. At #14, Henderson will be lucky to get drafted in the 4th round. First round "money" is approximately 10 times (10X) what 4th round money is. For example, Kenneth Dixon was drafted in the 4th round, and received a 4-year deal totaling roughly $2.5M. So he makes about 600K per year, all in. Contrast that with Dallas Cowboys rookie RB Ezekiel Elliot, who received a 5-year contract worth $25M, INCLUDING a $16M signing bonus. In short, Elliott makes roughly $5M per year for 5 years, and he received most of it up front.

    So going to the NFL after his junior year could cost Carlos Henderson a lot of money. On the surface, it doesn't appear to be a good business decision.
    I wonder if his earlier injury plays into his thought process? I agree with you and wish he would change his mind and make the smart decision to come back one more year.

  10. #10
    Champ Dogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond repute Dogsince65's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Shreveport
    Posts
    4,885

    Re: NFLDRAFTSCOUT.COM LA Tech Rankings

    Quote Originally Posted by DJDAWG View Post
    Which is better for a player like Trent?

    1) Get drafted in the sixth or seventh round to a random team and then have to work to make the roster.
    Lots of NFL teams view these players as comparable to upper level undrafted free agents, UFAs, who have NO guarantee to a roster spot.
    Curious what the bonus money is for the sixth and seventh rounds. Can't be very much.

    or

    2) Become an UFA, do your homework and sign with the team that gives you the best chance of making the roster.
    UFA status gives you a little more control at the cost of less signing bonus money.

    Which is better for a player like Trent, who might get several UFA offers?
    Solid post-- we had several players undrafted last year who found a home being free agent ( Paul and Adarius come to mind) . I read an article supporting your opinion for late round picks-- better off finding a team who needs you ...

  11. #11
    Champ theprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond repute theprofessor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Alexandria
    Posts
    6,212

    Re: NFLDRAFTSCOUT.COM LA Tech Rankings

    Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    I agree. At #14, Henderson will be lucky to get drafted in the 4th round. First round "money" is approximately 10 times (10X) what 4th round money is. For example, Kenneth Dixon was drafted in the 4th round, and received a 4-year deal totaling roughly $2.5M. So he makes about 600K per year, all in. Contrast that with Dallas Cowboys rookie RB Ezekiel Elliot, who received a 5-year contract worth $25M, INCLUDING a $16M signing bonus. In short, Elliott makes roughly $5M per year for 5 years, and he received most of it up front.

    So going to the NFL after his junior year could cost Carlos Henderson a lot of money. On the surface, it doesn't appear to be a good business decision.
    Zeke was selected fourth overall by the Cowboys, so he's not getting "first-round" money -- he's getting "top-of-the-first-round money."

    Laquon Treadwell was the last WR taken in the first round, selected No. 23 by the Vikings. He got a 4-year, $9.9M contract (worth an average of almost $2.5M per year). His signing bonus was nearly $5.5M. That's still pretty good, but not nearly what Zeke got.

    The next WR taken was Sterling Shepard, 40th overall by the Giants. He got a 4-year deal worth nearly $6M, or $1.5M per year. His signing bonus was about $2.5M.

    If Carlos runs what I think he will run at the Combine, he can certainly leap his way into the early second-round and late first-round conversation. No matter what he did if he came back, he was never going to be a top-5 pick like Zeke.
    the bold, the beautiful, theprofessor

  12. #12
    Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    McKinney, TX & Franklin, TN
    Posts
    29,512

    Re: NFLDRAFTSCOUT.COM LA Tech Rankings

    Quote Originally Posted by theprofessor View Post
    Zeke was selected fourth overall by the Cowboys, so he's not getting "first-round" money -- he's getting "top-of-the-first-round money."

    Laquon Treadwell was the last WR taken in the first round, selected No. 23 by the Vikings. He got a 4-year, $9.9M contract (worth an average of almost $2.5M per year). His signing bonus was nearly $5.5M. That's still pretty good, but not nearly what Zeke got.

    The next WR taken was Sterling Shepard, 40th overall by the Giants. He got a 4-year deal worth nearly $6M, or $1.5M per year. His signing bonus was about $2.5M.

    If Carlos runs what I think he will run at the Combine, he can certainly leap his way into the early second-round and late first-round conversation. No matter what he did if he came back, he was never going to be a top-5 pick like Zeke.
    Yes, Carlos is fast, but he doesn't have the desired prototypical NFL size for a receiver. He's 5'10 (or 5'11, if you believe he grew another inch while at LA Tech), and he'll be up against a bunch of receivers that are in the 6'3 to 6'5 range. And because he doesn't have the big name from a big program, his measurables alone will likely keep him at the 4th round or below. This is exactly why I think Carlos needs to come back and get his name out there for another year.....so NFL teams won't be afraid of taking the risk.

    Don't underestimate the importance of size to the NFL. Lou Holtz was once asked if he would rather have a tall guy or a fast guy at wide receiver. Lou answered the reporter's question by saying he would prefer to have a tall guy, because when it's late in the 4th quarter and everybody is dog tired, the tall guy is still tall.

    And YES, it goes without saying, I hope I'm wrong. But I seriously don't think so. I've been around a long time, and I've seen this chapter before.

  13. #13
    Champ theprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond repute theprofessor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Alexandria
    Posts
    6,212

    Re: NFLDRAFTSCOUT.COM LA Tech Rankings

    Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Yes, Carlos is fast, but he doesn't have the desired prototypical NFL size for a receiver. He's 5'10 (or 5'11, if you believe he grew another inch while at LA Tech), and he'll be up against a bunch of receivers that are in the 6'3 to 6'5 range. And because he doesn't have the big name from a big program, his measurables alone will likely keep him at the 4th round or below. This is exactly why I think Carlos needs to come back and get his name out there for another year.....so NFL teams won't be afraid of taking the risk.

    Don't underestimate the importance of size to the NFL. Lou Holtz was once asked if he would rather have a tall guy or a fast guy at wide receiver. Lou answered the reporter's question by saying he would prefer to have a tall guy, because when it's late in the 4th quarter and everybody is dog tired, the tall guy is still tall.

    And YES, it goes without saying, I hope I'm wrong. But I seriously don't think so. I've been around a long time, and I've seen this chapter before.
    It's not all about size for NFL receivers. There are 8 receivers who made the Pro Bowl this year. Odell Beckham (5-11), Jarvis Landry (5-11) and T.Y. Hilton (5-9) are all either similar size to Carlos or smaller. You don't have to be Julio Jones' or A.J. Green's size to succeed in the NFL.

    The first WR selected in the 2016 draft, Corey Coleman, is 5-11. Sure, it would help Carlos more if he were 6-3, but it's not going to harm him that he's not. If he puts up strong numbers at the combine, he can find his way into the second round.
    the bold, the beautiful, theprofessor

  14. #14
    Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    McKinney, TX & Franklin, TN
    Posts
    29,512

    Re: NFLDRAFTSCOUT.COM LA Tech Rankings

    Quote Originally Posted by theprofessor View Post
    It's not all about size for NFL receivers. There are 8 receivers who made the Pro Bowl this year. Odell Beckham (5-11), Jarvis Landry (5-11) and T.Y. Hilton (5-9) are all either similar size to Carlos or smaller. You don't have to be Julio Jones' or A.J. Green's size to succeed in the NFL.

    The first WR selected in the 2016 draft, Corey Coleman, is 5-11. Sure, it would help Carlos more if he were 6-3, but it's not going to harm him that he's not. If he puts up strong numbers at the combine, he can find his way into the second round.
    I sincerely hope you're right. We shall see.

  15. #15
    Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    27,751

    Re: NFLDRAFTSCOUT.COM LA Tech Rankings

    Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Either way will work for Trent. He'll end up with the Patriots and win 3 or 4 Super Bowl rings!

    And, how many career catches did Trent end up with?
    So, what was Trent's career catch total?

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts