+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New Year's Day - Tech @ USM Promos

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Usm New Year's Day - Tech @ USM Promos

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Re: New Year's Day - Tech @ USM Promos

How on earth do they expect to get average middle-class families to invest in the program if they don't charge $20 a head?

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

We couldn't get season tickets this year. But I brought my daughter to the Gulf Coast game and asked for the "cheapest seats" for one adult and one youth. It cost me $30.
    Have you considered those Dogs?

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Our AD said (and many of our peeps actually belive him) that it is against the law to charge less than ?? % of highest price tickets...

I suppose the auditors who normally audit Grambling and nlulm will get serious about their business when they deal with us....assuming you believe the BS our AD feeds us.

2011 NFL Survivor Champion nadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond repute nadB's Avatar

A dollar is about what the majority of our ooc home games are worth paying to attend. OOC scheduling should be taken away from konkol and given to the girls. They get lsu-BR at home, we get lsu-s; they get Auburn at home, we get pva&mu.

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nadB View Post
    A dollar is about what the majority of our ooc home games are worth paying to attend. OOC scheduling should be taken away from konkol and given to the girls. They get lsu-BR at home, we get lsu-s; they get Auburn at home, we get pva&mu.
    That was all Tyler Summitt's connections

Big Dog TrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant future

Quote Originally Posted by sportdawg View Post
    That was all Tyler Summitt's connections
    He built connections with his players as well. Too soon?

Champ DJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond repute

Nope. Think nine months is the correct gestation period.

Puppy bskelley15 is a glorious beacon of lightbskelley15 is a glorious beacon of lightbskelley15 is a glorious beacon of lightbskelley15 is a glorious beacon of lightbskelley15 is a glorious beacon of lightbskelley15 is a glorious beacon of lightbskelley15 is a glorious beacon of lightbskelley15 is a glorious beacon of lightbskelley15 is a glorious beacon of lightbskelley15 is a glorious beacon of lightbskelley15 is a glorious beacon of light

Anybody besides the two in my party going? We're not just going for the $1.00 treats, but they'll be nice bonuses.

Big Dog RGTech98 is a jewel in the roughRGTech98 is a jewel in the roughRGTech98 is a jewel in the roughRGTech98 is a jewel in the roughRGTech98 is a jewel in the roughRGTech98 is a jewel in the roughRGTech98 is a jewel in the roughRGTech98 is a jewel in the roughRGTech98 is a jewel in the roughRGTech98 is a jewel in the roughRGTech98 is a jewel in the rough

I'm thinking about making the game. It is a very short drive for me from Laurel.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

There are laws...maybe not a "law" per se, but definitely policies about pricing any public institution's services/products. That includes tickets for sporting events. Given that state taxpayers provide the means by which these entities exist, it is incumbent upon those responsible to be good stewards of the assets. I know schools can't give away tickets (for free). I don't know about discounts and just how low prices can go. Most of these policies are made after the state Attorney General is asked to offer an opinion. That opinion then becomes a rule by which state auditors make their decisions. Of course, that means all someone has to do is ask the new AG to review a policy and issue a new opinion.

USM can sell tix to a game for a $1 because the policies of the State of Mississippi allow it, I'm sure. That is not the case in Louisiana under current policies.

Varsity Bulldog old dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of light

Maybe some Donor agrees to pay for any tickets that are sold for $1.00. I know I got some free tickets for a UAB/Tech football game, but I think one of the local companies agreed to pay for any of the free tickets that were used.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post

USM can sell tix to a game for a $1 because the policies of the State of Mississippi allow it, I'm sure. That is not the case in Louisiana under current policies.
    Where did you find those policies? When did the AG rule on this?

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

Watching the game on CUSA.TV today. And yes, we should win by at least 10 points. Not that we are 'world beaters' but USM's three wins are vs Tougaloo, Union College, and Alabama A&M.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    Where did you find those policies? When did the AG rule on this?
    The way it works, in practice, is someone wants to do something, like, sell tix at a discount, for instance. Often, the deed happens...somewhere. And after the fact, some state auditor says you can't do that. Why? Why can't we do that, someone asks the auditor. Because, it was done at such-and-such school and it violates legislative rules, or policies, whatever the correct term is.

I KNOW THIS FOR A FACT as it pertains to giving away tickets to sporting events. A school did that, got their wrist slapped, and then everyone was told you can NOT do that. An AD at a school does NOT have the authority to give away state property, which tickets to a game are. Anymore than a school can say, hey! we have all these old desks, computers, etc...who wants them? Come get 'em. All of that....including the "product" that is sporting events at public institutions...belongs to the State of Louisiana. I would think that as a taxpayer you would be glad that someone is trying to look after the investment all we taxpayers have made.

And, as I posted, while there is some "guidance" on discounts for tickets to sporting events, I don't know the details. Can find out though, fairly easily. And the easiest way to find out is to ask an AD or someone in the AD's office. Ask your pal Tommy Mac.

+ Reply to Thread