+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: National Championship Game

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

National Championship Game

No, not that one....yet.

JMU 28 Youngstown State 14

Congrats to the Dukes. I picked them....after they destroyed SHSU. Still, they had to beat NDSU at their place and they were 5-time defending champs. Anyway, it does show you why the FCS is what it is. It's not JMU, and others, can't beat FBS teams...they can, and they do. It's that no one cares.

What is interesting is that JMU's HC is new this year. He inherited a team coming off back to back 9-win seasons and trips to the FCS playoffs and announced he would overhaul the program, top to bottom. He wasn't satisfied with 9-win seasons and would not settle for it. So, the proof is in the pudding, they went 13-1 and are National Champs! Hello!

Speaking of coaches, that other National Championship game Monday night has a couple of coaches that won't "settle" either. Just saying...

Champ Bulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant future Bulldog Tom's Avatar

Re: National Championship Game

Wow you predicted James Madison as national champs before they played North Dakota State and you went 28-12 in your bowl picks, although not in the Bulldog Barks & Bytes pick 'em contest

If Clemson wins you will have quite a trifecta.

You should be on tv making picks.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Actually, I claim 32-8 in the bowl picks, as explained on that thread. I changed 6 of my picks and went 5-1 in those. That one, BTW, was WKU-Memphis. I had picked WKU originally, but the day before their game with all the talk of their coach leaving and the news out of the Topper camp of some disarray, I "changed" to Memphis. But, WKU won.

And, yes I'm going with Clemson in the upset. Bama is Bama and might donkey-stomp 'em. But everyone is picking Bama. Washington's Front 7 stymied Bama's vanilla offense and I think Clemson's D is better than UW's. And Clemson's offense is a lot better than UW's. So, the orange Tigers get it done. Say...

Clemson 24 Bama 16

Champ Bulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant future Bulldog Tom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Actually, I claim 32-8 in the bowl picks, as explained on that thread. I changed 6 of my picks and went 5-1 in those. That one, BTW, was WKU-Memphis. I had picked WKU originally, but the day before their game with all the talk of their coach leaving and the news out of the Topper camp of some disarray, I "changed" to Memphis. But, WKU won.

And, yes I'm going with Clemson in the upset. Bama is Bama and might donkey-stomp 'em. But everyone is picking Bama. Washington's Front 7 stymied Bama's vanilla offense and I think Clemson's D is better than UW's. And Clemson's offense is a lot better than UW's. So, the orange Tigers get it done. Say...

Clemson 24 Bama 16
    My apologies, I thought you changed your picks after the games were played, I did see your record at an amazing 32-8. Incredible and I meant no injustice to you sir. I will place a large (for me anyway) wager on the basis of your analysis of the championship game, considering your track record this season.

By the way how do you feel about a futures bet on Tech winning CUSA next season?

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Tom View Post
    Wow you predicted James Madison as national champs before they played North Dakota State and you went 28-12 in your bowl picks, although not in the Bulldog Barks & Bytes pick 'em contest

If Clemson wins you will have quite a trifecta.

You should be on tv making picks.
    Tom, please understand that Dawg80 is a lightweight when it comes to bowl pics. I went 40-0 with my bowl pics this year. Of course, I didn't participate in the BB&B pick'em contest either, but I'm sure you'll trust me on this.

Champ FriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond repute

No, not that one....yet.
    No, not that one PERIOD.

Call Monday's night's ESPN all-network fiasco a CFP championship if you must, but there is nothing NATIONAL about it.

Quote Originally Posted by FriscoDawg View Post
    No, not that one PERIOD.

Call Monday's night's ESPN all-network fiasco a CFP championship if you must, but there is nothing NATIONAL about it.
    Okay, have it your way. But, it's still a CFB game between two of the better teams. Had we had a REAL national playoff, more in line like basketball where every team does have a chance to play for the NC, both Bama and Clemson would have done well and certainly could have advanced to this final game. So, it is what it is. I, for one, am just gonna look at the game for what it is, and not worry about that other baggage. Just watch, and hopefully it's a good game, down to the wire, maybe....just maybe...it'll rise to the level of the Armed Forces Bowl for quality! That would be fun.

And, as I posted, I'm picking an upset. I think Clemson's D will stymie Bama's predictable offense and Clemson's O, with Watson, is good enough to actually score on that vaunted Crimson defense.

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Tom, please understand that Dawg80 is a lightweight when it comes to bowl pics. I went 40-0 with my bowl pics this year. Of course, I didn't participate in the BB&B pick'em contest either, but I'm sure you'll trust me on this.
    Sure I trust you, your claim seems very reasonable. Myself I only went 25-15, because I was dumb enough to enter BB&B pick'em contest. Live and learn.

Sure I trust you, your claim seems very reasonable. Myself I only went 25-15, because I was dumb enough to enter BB&B pick'em contest. Live and learn.
    Next time enter into more contests. Especially if you are "dumb enough" to ever bet real money on any this. It's called "hedging your bet."

BTW, bet on the Bama-Clemson game based on my prediction at your own risk. I don't warrant that pick.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

LOL!

Thanks Tom.

Next time enter into more contests. Especially if you are "dumb enough" to ever bet real money on any this. It's called "hedging your bet."

BTW, bet on the Bama-Clemson game based on my prediction at your own risk. I don't warrant that pick.
    Laid my bets already based on your insights. I feel great about it, but no worries either way.

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

I realize it's about competing with the NFL and so forth. But it sure would be nice to not have the NC on a flippin Monday Night! I hate staying up late on Monday nights! As it is, the NFL wild card games are usually over before 7. I wish they would play it on Saturday or Sunday.
    Have you considered those Dogs?

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Anyway, it does show you why the FCS is what it is... It's that no one cares.
    Logical fallacy. False cause.

Post hoc ergo propter hoc.

quid agis follis

So....any predictions for the "big game" tonite?

+ Reply to Thread