+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Op/Ed: The Independence Bowl is in trouble

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Re: Op/Ed: The Independence Bowl is in trouble

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    My guess is somewhere in the neighborhood of $300,000 annually in cash and $300,000 in IN-KIND sponsorships...
    If the Indy Bowl beat Camping World's deal, don't you think they would be screaming from the mountain top letting everyone know they got a better deal than the $550,000 Lemonis was offering?

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    If the Indy Bowl beat Camping World's deal, don't you think they would be screaming from the mountain top letting everyone know they got a better deal than the $550,000 Lemonis was offering?
    That's what I'm thinking - less true $$$ overall -

What basically verifies this is not a PEEP about financial considerations for both parties
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ Dogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond repute Dogsince65's Avatar

spoke with a serious source for all thinks I Bowl and sports in general -- he has no idea what $$ will be so they keeping close to vest ...

Puppy kbm86 is just really nicekbm86 is just really nicekbm86 is just really nicekbm86 is just really nicekbm86 is just really nicekbm86 is just really nicekbm86 is just really nicekbm86 is just really nicekbm86 is just really nicekbm86 is just really nicekbm86 is just really nice kbm86's Avatar

Media were allowed to ask questions 1-on-1 after the announcement.

Every media outlet praised the deal as "perfect," "win-win," or "ideal" just like they did for the Duck Commander announcement, but not a single media outlet asked about the financial guarantee... Ya know, kinda the big story when Camping World pulled out.
    The mayor of Shreveport used numbers from Tourism and Visitors Bureau cited in this article: https://tinyurl.com/ybkclx78 during the press conference yesterday in reference to the I-Bowls economic impact. I have a hard time believing that.

Champ bleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to behold bleudog's Avatar

".... if Louisiana Tech can rattle off two straight victories to complete the regular season, it should land at Independence Stadium to face a team from the Atlantic Coast Conference at 12:30 p.m. on Dec. 27."

http://www.shreveporttimes.com/story...ate/858808001/

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

I know it's kind of the consensus on this forum to hope the Dawgs completely tank, finish 4-8, and that would hopefully (yeah, right) doom Holtz. Well, that won't happen. The ONLY thing that will happen is we'll finish 4-8, probably miss out on a couple of good recruits because of it, and we'll still have Holtz for years to come.

Nah! I hope we get to 6-6, go to the Indy Bowl opposite an ACC team and Holtz does like he appears to have a talent for, prepare our team to win the bowl game.

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    I know it's kind of the consensus on this forum to hope the Dawgs completely tank, finish 4-8, and that would hopefully (yeah, right) doom Holtz. Well, that won't happen. The ONLY thing that will happen is we'll finish 4-8, probably miss out on a couple of good recruits because of it, and we'll still have Holtz for years to come.

Nah! I hope we get to 6-6, go to the Indy Bowl opposite an ACC team and Holtz does like he appears to have a talent for, prepare our team to win the bowl game.
    I don't think anybody on here wants us to finish 4-8. What kind BS is that? I had you on ignore, but I viewed your post to see your thoughts. Won't make that mistake again.

Champ The Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post

Who has said anything about wanting the team to tank?

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sportdawg View Post
    I don't think anybody on here wants us to finish 4-8. What kind BS is that? I had you on ignore, but I viewed your post to see your thoughts. Won't make that mistake again.
    I'm on ignore? Good....

Quote Originally Posted by The Historian View Post
    Who has said anything about wanting the team to tank?
    Obviously, you haven't read all the posts.

Anyway, I hope we end up 7-6, and that would include a bowl win of course.

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

I hope we win the last two and get lucky enough to go bowling, hopefully against a name team. Judging by what I've seen this year, I don't think we win the last one against UTSA, but I didn't think we'd beat WKU either. Lets just beat UTEP first and see what happens.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SicemDawgz View Post
    I hope we win the last two and get lucky enough to go bowling, hopefully against a name team. Judging by what I've seen this year, I don't think we win the last one against UTSA, but I didn't think we'd beat WKU either. Lets just beat UTEP first and see what happens.
    Holtz already has his excuses written out. It sets up for us to win both games. UTEP is the worst team we've faced all year and we get a team not any better than us in UTSA at home.

Champ Houston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond repute

If we do get eligible and go to the Indy Bowl I don't believe we would draw as well as in the past. Maybe 25K - 30K, tops.

Champ olddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond repute

When you subtract the Tech folks that regularly attend the game, I would think at most 20,000 more Tech fans would attend. Hard to be motivated to watch a 6-6 Tech team play another 6-6 team as an award for the "good" season we have all witnessed. Add the timing of the game and possible weather, 20,000 may be considered outstanding.

Champ Houston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond repute

I don't believe many Tech fans should be buying from Tech as the seats will be terrible. There would be many good seats available. I know I wouldn't buy tickets in the top row in the upper east side where my last tickets were. Since they would consider inviting us a favor they would really be trying to screw our fans and school.

+ Reply to Thread