+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Op/Ed: The Independence Bowl is in trouble

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Re: Op/Ed: The Independence Bowl is in trouble

Well, I think it's a shame that the idiots on the Idiot Bowl committee have ruined what should be an asset for Shreveport-Bossier and the region as a whole. I could support the bowl again if it actually served the needs of North Louisiana and provided another option to go bowling for Tech.

We have just completed the regional bowl tour: Dallas, New Orleans, Fort Worth and it was awesome! As others have posted Tech Football is growing, getting better, garnering NATIONAL attention!! and the Idiot Bowl continues to sink further into irrelevancy. Still, it would be better for both sides if the I-Bowl was on the circuit for Tech. Before it dies a slow, miserable death hopefully the I-Bowl will get a totally new committee with people with IQs in triple digits and smaller egos.

Puppy ptaylor is on top of his/her gameptaylor is on top of his/her gameptaylor is on top of his/her gameptaylor is on top of his/her gameptaylor is on top of his/her gameptaylor is on top of his/her gameptaylor is on top of his/her gameptaylor is on top of his/her gameptaylor is on top of his/her gameptaylor is on top of his/her gameptaylor is on top of his/her game

The Independence Bowl Foundation oversees the leadership and management of the I-Bowl. Committees with chairs are made up of their membership. Membership is open and applications are available on their website. Want a new direction for the I-Bowl? Get enough new members with a different agenda and take the bowl over.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ptaylor View Post
    The Independence Bowl Foundation oversees the leadership and management of the I-Bowl. Committees with chairs are made up of their membership. Membership is open and applications are available on their website. Want a new direction for the I-Bowl? Get enough new members with a different agenda and take the bowl over.
    Kind of like we did with the lsus takeover?

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Champ olddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by sportdawg View Post
    Very pointed comments by ML, which points to changes or Camping World is gone. How much $$$ does Camping World put in for this "marketing opportunity"?

Champ tenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond repute

WOW!!! No defending comments made to ML's people by some member (or members) that the I-Bowl didn't need Camping World & the bowl would survive with or without CW....even if they had to pay for it out of their own pocket. What arrogance!

Makes it even more believable that they used the same attitude with us in 2012.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by tenacious_dog View Post
    WOW!!! No defending comments made to ML's people by some member (or members) that the I-Bowl didn't need Camping World & the bowl would survive with or without CW....even if they had to pay for it out of their own pocket. What arrogance!

Talk about hard headed and cutting off your nose to spite your face...

And oh, they are reading these threads
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post

I nominate DFM for Executive Director of the I-bowl but only if he can secure Paul Mitchell Products as the new title sponsor.

Champ tenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Clyde View Post
    I nominate DFM for Executive Director of the I-bowl but only if he can secure Paul Mitchell Products as the new title sponsor.
    I nominate DFM for Executive Director of the I-bowl but only if he can get the Grateful Dead as the new title sponsor. DFM could stand in for Jerry. He just needs to grow a beard, cut off a finger and learn to play the guitar!
    Jerry Garcia.jpg

I'm sure they are. Personally, my posts have been with them in mind.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Clyde View Post
    Vidal Sasson...
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Vidal Sasson...
    "If you don't look good, we don't look good."

Winner winner....

Champ ChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by tenacious_dog View Post

Terribly unprofessional statement by this "member."

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

Seems like Lemonis is merely attempting to defend his exodus to me. That's sort of a weird thing to say without naming the foundation member or the staff members.
    Have you considered those Dogs?

+ Reply to Thread