+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Op/Ed: The Independence Bowl is in trouble

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Re: Op/Ed: The Independence Bowl is in trouble

These people would not wait 24 hours for an answer from Tech. That decision turned out well financially didn't it...BUT they showed Tech! Brilliant business peeps!

Varsity Bulldog bdawg has much to be proud ofbdawg has much to be proud ofbdawg has much to be proud ofbdawg has much to be proud ofbdawg has much to be proud ofbdawg has much to be proud ofbdawg has much to be proud ofbdawg has much to be proud ofbdawg has much to be proud ofbdawg has much to be proud ofbdawg has much to be proud of bdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    These people would not wait 24 hours for an answer from Tech. That decision turned out well financially didn't it...BUT they showed Tech! Brilliant business peeps!
    They would have waited had we not done everything we could to get the initial invite. We went all in, and lost. Oh well, he doesn't work here anymore.

Champ Russdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by TechAlum05 View Post
    https://www.settletalk.com/blog/2017...ayed-this-year

Settletalk.com Blog from Sept. 14th, 2017: WILL THE INDEPENDENCE BOWL BE PLAYED THIS YEAR?
    Quote Originally Posted by detltu View Post
    https://www.settletalk.com/blog/2017/9/21/i-bowl-executive-director-setters-brushes-off-shreveport-city-council-1

Settletalk.com Blog from Sept. 21st, 2017: I-BOWL EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR SETTERS BRUSHES OFF SHREVEPORT CITY COUNCIL
    THE i-bowl SHOULD BE FORCED TO COMPLY WITH PUBLIC RECORD SUNSHINE REQUIREMENTS. The bowl apparently gets a $100,000 appropriation from Shreveport as well as the half million dollar sales tax. Shreveport should immediately require this in return for ANY MONEY OR CONSIDERATION and there ought to be penalties for failure to comply. A citizen should be able to get bylaws, communication records, look at salaries, invoices, contracts, travel records, EVERYTHING. Seems like so much is hidden and accountability ignored.

There's a couple of really good guys on their staff and the bowl should be worth saving, BUT major changes are needed AT TOP LEVELS.
    http://amp.usatoday.com/story/97040356

Champ olddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post
    I know Walk-On is growing but I can't imagine they have the dough to offer huge sums of money to a dying bowl.
    I agree, their actual dollars contributed to the IB will be interesting to see. Looks like less than 20 locations.

Big Dog Saint Greg has a brilliant futureSaint Greg has a brilliant futureSaint Greg has a brilliant futureSaint Greg has a brilliant futureSaint Greg has a brilliant futureSaint Greg has a brilliant futureSaint Greg has a brilliant futureSaint Greg has a brilliant futureSaint Greg has a brilliant futureSaint Greg has a brilliant futureSaint Greg has a brilliant future

Quote Originally Posted by olddog75 View Post
    I agree, their actual dollars contributed to the IB will be interesting to see. Looks like less than 20 locations.
    Walk-ons is growing fast. Two years ago it was less than 5 locations. They're opening 4 in Austin alone. Dallas, Houston, San Antonio, Knoxville, Nahsville...In 10 years they'll be like Buffalo Wild Wings.

Champ detltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Greg View Post
    Walk-ons is growing fast. Two years ago it was less than 5 locations. They're opening 4 in Austin alone. Dallas, Houston, San Antonio, Knoxville, Nahsville...In 10 years they'll be like Buffalo Wild Wings.
    We just got one in Covington that opened last week. Wife and I tried to go last night but it was packed. I'll wait for the new to wear off a little.

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Greg View Post
    https://www.businessreport.com/artic...s-across-south

Picking up speed: Shane Morrison, owner of Baton Rouge-based commercial real estate firm The Shane Morrison Companies, has reached an agreement with Walk-On’s Enterprises for the rights to open eight additional restaurants across five Southeastern states. Morrison’s company broke ground in early June on its first Walk-On’s Bistreaux & Bar franchise location in Zachary. The agreement announced Monday will allow Morrison’s firm to open restaurants in Auburn and Tuscaloosa, Alabama; Gainesville, Pensacola and Tallahassee, Florida; Gulfport, Mississippi; and Knoxville and Nashville, Tennessee. Walk-On’s says the company also plans to open additional locations in Louisiana, but specifics were not provided in a news release. A timeline for the new restaurant openings was also not outlined. Along with the real estate firm, Morrison owns and operates company-owned Sante Fe Cattle Company restaurants, and locations of Cody’s Original Roadhouse and Celebrity Theaters. Walk-On’s says it has more than 50 franchise locations in the pipeline.
    I've eaten at the one in Shreveport a couple of times and haven't come away impressed.

Big Dog Saint Greg has a brilliant futureSaint Greg has a brilliant futureSaint Greg has a brilliant futureSaint Greg has a brilliant futureSaint Greg has a brilliant futureSaint Greg has a brilliant futureSaint Greg has a brilliant futureSaint Greg has a brilliant futureSaint Greg has a brilliant futureSaint Greg has a brilliant futureSaint Greg has a brilliant future

Quote Originally Posted by sportdawg View Post
    https://www.businessreport.com/artic...s-across-south

I've eaten at the one in Shreveport a couple of times and haven't come away impressed.

I usually get the voodoo shrimp with corn grits...and sweet potato fries. But a couple weeks ago I had the Hickory Burger with Waffle Cheese Fries and it was pretty darn good.

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

I never heard of Walk-On until this year. I heard on the news the opening of 5 locations in Arkansas.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Sounds like they are growing way too fast. No way they can keep up good management and service at that rate.

Champ bluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond repute bluecrew's Avatar

They have been growing at a rapid rate. I will say that as far as sports bar food its some of the best I have had!

The one in New Orleans was ranked the #1 Sports bar in the country,

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    Sounds like they are growing way too fast. No way they can keep up good management and service at that rate.
    They are franchised- at least I know some of them. People we know just opened the one in Tyler. The food is good, but the service is slow in Bossier, and it is always crowded.

Quote Originally Posted by Cal&Ken View Post
    The food is good, but the service is slow in Bossier, and it is always crowded.
    Brings to mind the unacceptable excuse we often get in a busy places..."Sorry it took so long to get to you, but we are REALLY busy!"

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

They are franchised- at least I know some of them. People we know just opened the one in Tyler. The food is good, but the service is slow in Bossier, and it is always crowded.

Champ Houston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond repute

Which is why no goes there any more? Just noticed the post almost identical to mine, but beat me to it.

+ Reply to Thread