+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LA Tech Wins C-USA postseason TV Viewership

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

LA Tech Wins C-USA postseason TV Viewership

Someone posted this on the CUSA board. Looks like LA Tech is building a nice brand on TV:

This year's C-USA championship game saw a 90% increase in TV viewership over last year's USM-WKU game. Over the past 5 years, the two most-viewed C-USA CCGs have involved LA Tech (926k this year, 725k vs Marshall in 2014). The next closest was 2012 (UCF-Tulsa) with 590k.

The Armed Forces Bowl was the most-watched C-USA bowl by a landslide. 2.341M households watched the Dawgs vs Navy. Next highest was the HOD Bowl with 1.615M viewers. (The service academies may be partially responsible, of course.) Fun fact: the Independence Bowl (Vandy-NC State) was viewed by fewer people (1.270M) than ANY C-USA bowl game.

The LA Tech-Navy Armed Forces Bowl also saw a 24% viewership increase from last year (Air Force vs Cal), while the ULL-USM New Orleans Bowl saw an 8% decrease from last year's LA Tech-stAte game.

These numbers were just put out by LaTechReport.com. Interpret them as you wish, I'm merely a messenger here

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: LA Tech Wins C-USA postseason TV Viewership

Nice! THAT and winning is what it takes to build a national brand!

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

I have people from across the country tell me they enjoy watching Tech play. I was on the phone yesterday with a potential supplier in California. He happens to be a USC grad and wanted to talk a little football before we got down to business. When I mentioned I am a Tech grad/supporter he said he watched our game...and yes, both games ended the same way...and when I mentioned our game vs. Johnny Football on national TV...he went, "Oh yeah! I remember watching that game. One of the best I've seen." Louisiana Tech plays an exciting brand of football that is just fun to watch as a neutral fan, he said. (of course, mind you, he wants my business, so as a good salesman he'll say anything!)

But others have told me the same thing. Had an UGA grad/fan tell me a little while back he enjoys watching Tech play. Heck! he even remembered Rattay-Edwards!

So, since TV is all about selling advertisement and that is all about ratings, seems to me Tech is a team that ESPN should want to showcase in at least one annual nationally televised game. Maybe 2 or 3.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    I have people from across the country tell me they enjoy watching Tech play. I was on the phone yesterday with a potential supplier in California. He happens to be a USC grad and wanted to talk a little football before we got down to business. When I mentioned I am a Tech grad/supporter he said he watched our game...and yes, both games ended the same way...and when I mentioned our game vs. Johnny Football on national TV...he went, "Oh yeah! I remember watching that game. One of the best I've seen." Louisiana Tech plays an exciting brand of football that is just fun to watch as a neutral fan, he said. (of course, mind you, he wants my business, so as a good salesman he'll say anything!)

But others have told me the same thing. Had an UGA grad/fan tell me a little while back he enjoys watching Tech play. Heck! he even remembered Rattay-Edwards!

So, since TV is all about selling advertisement and that is all about ratings, seems to me Tech is a team that ESPN should want to showcase in at least one annual nationally televised game. Maybe 2 or 3.
    Football savvy peeps know LaTech. Bradshaw is important, but COYHCSH is recognizable to most all college fans.

Great defense? No so much.

Have y'all considered that with great defensive play we would not have been getting the "3rd best bowl" publicity right now?

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

I was skeptical when Holtz came in and said he liked the style of offense Tech had run during Dykes' years and he wanted to keep the fast tempo. But he has done so, and after the first-year issues we have not dropped off much in offensive production.
    Good old Memorial Gym

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post

I truly think the data shows that we are seeing the rise of LA Tech to be the Top Brand in CUSA. The TV ratings, Tech's bowl appeal (Armed Forces, HOD & NO bowls), Tech's competitiveness and bowl attendances seem to support this. Nobody else in CUSA seems to come close.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    I truly think the data shows that we are seeing the rise of LA Tech to be the Top Brand in CUSA. The TV ratings, Tech's bowl appeal (Armed Forces, HOD & NO bowls), Tech's competitiveness and bowl attendances seem to support this. Nobody else in CUSA seems to come close.
    We just need to avoid a Marshall meltdown. Got to be good every year

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    Football savvy peeps know LaTech. Bradshaw is important, but COYHCSH is recognizable to most all college fans.

Have y'all considered that with great defensive play we would not have been getting the "3rd best bowl" publicity right now?
    Yes.

Yeppers, it's because we have a great offense and a lousy defense that neutral fans enjoy our games. If we had both, well, we would still get a decent national TV audience for our bowl game because we'd be in a NY6 bowl game!

Champ maverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond repute

Well, look who's all sunshine and unicorns! You really had to search for a silver lining regarding the defense, didn't you?

Champ Bulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant future Bulldog Tom's Avatar

With a good defense we would have beaten Wisconsin in the Cotton Bowl, which would have been the "best bowl game" as millions would have tuned in throughout the game to watch the Bulldogs win!

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Tom View Post
    With a good defense we would have beaten Wisconsin in the Cotton Bowl, which would have been the "best bowl game" as millions would have tuned in throughout the game to watch the Bulldogs win!
    I don't believe the defense cost us the loss at USM. COYHCSH has never shown he can win EOY big games ...unless you consider our three bowl wins big games.

Champ T1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond repute

I don't believe the defense cost us the loss at USM. COYHCSH has never shown he can win EOY big games ...unless you consider our three bowl wins big games.
    Rice in 2014 was for the West Division title. (W)
    UTSA this year was actually for the West Division title. (W)
    Really only Southern Miss (2015) and the championship games (2014 and 2016) were the only losses.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by T1 View Post
    Rice in 2014 was for the West Division title. (W)
    UTSA this year was actually for the West Division title. (W)
    Really only Southern Miss (2015) and the championship games (2014 and 2016) were the only losses.
    I see you wiped that Old Dominion debacle from your memory, too.

Champ T1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    I see you wiped that Old Dominion debacle from your memory, too.
    That was more middle of year than end of year. PD was saying Holtz always loses the big games at the end of the year (except the bowl games)

No you're right... ODU was the game before Rice. Rice was the bigger game though.

+ Reply to Thread