+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ticket Price Discussion

Champ RhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond repute RhythmDawg's Avatar

Ticket Price Discussion

Lots of opinions on ticket pricing on this board. I listened to Dwayne opine on BTB Radio about it this week. Dwayne, what do you (and anyone else) think about this idea for the blue seats in the TAC, and maybe east side wing seats for football? A catch would be that these are season tickets to try and get people to every game.

The Florida Panthers a few years ago did a promotion where fans had the choice of 7 different ticket level packages and could pick the one they wanted and drumroll please…NAME YOUR PRICE!

A couple of great points about this promotion was unlike ones that have been done in the past there were very few restrictions and limits on this.
    Most of the time these apply to “only 300 level seats”, “must have a minimum purchase of 18 games”, etc etc.
    They had seven choices…you name your price. That simple!

Now here is the real kicker in my eyes, here is a quote from the Florida Panthers about the promotion. An unbelievable acute sense of their surroundings and awareness of the multiple parties they need to please when running a sports franchise!
    Darren Rovell of CNBC saw the promotion thusly after speaking with team president Michael Yormark:

“He mentioned to me that each new fan was worth something beyond just how much they pay for the ticket and food. That fan is also worth something to the sponsors. More eyeballs at the arena means more eyeballs for sponsor signage, which allows Yormark to rationalize higher pricing at that level. The argument against going as low as you could go has always been that you’d price yourself so low that you’d devalue your product. Yormark says that theory doesn’t work in sports because the product isn’t the same every year.”

WOW! What a great quote from the team president! He realizes that fans are worth something to the sponsors and he is doing one thing for the fans: giving them a reason to come catch out the team and the sponsors. He is creating VALUE and demonstrating to the fans that yes we know not everyone can sit center ice all year, name your price and we will see if we can work something out. Fair?

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Re: Ticket Price Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by RhythmDawg View Post
    Lots of opinions on ticket pricing on this board. I listened to Dwayne opine on BTB Radio about it this week. Dwayne, what do you (and anyone else) think about this idea for the blue seats in the TAC, and maybe east side wing seats for football? A catch would be that these are season tickets to try and get people to every game.
    In football I think we have a good mechanism for AFFORDABLE season tickets with the family pack for $500 for a family of 4 (maybe a little overpriced but ok), wish we had something for basketball...

But I like the thinking of the idea for basketball but due to LA state laws, I don't know if it would be feasible -

My idea in football is simple -

1,000 tickets per game in blocks of 4 for $50 that would include a popcorn and drink or a hotdog and drink sponsored by a title sponsor - these packets are available regionally and on-line via our ticket office - that's $12,500 per ballgame increase in ticket sales and $75,000 per year based on a 6 game home slate - minimum

Basketball I would due 500 tickets per game in blocks of 4 for $40 that would include popcorn and drink by title sponsor - that's $5,000 per game and $65,000 per season based on a 13 home game season - minimum

There would be some promotion costs of course but they would be minimal

This is targeted to those families who want to go to 2 or 3 home football games and maybe 5 to 8 home basketball games per year without being tied down to the obligation of season tickets right out off the bat

NE corner of the stadium in football and behind the visitors basket in basketball would be the areas (these seats basically generate $0 right now)

Then maybe 3 or 4 user of these tickets every year will become family pack holders in football and basketball -

Really need a family pack in basketball $300 for mbb and $400 for combo
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ tenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond repute

Once again it's being pointed out that state laws or regulations are keeping us, and every other school in the state, from selling discounted tickets below a certain level for sporting events. Particularly for football and basketball. So I'll stick my neck out here and ask,

WHY NOT PUSH TO CHANGE THE LAWS & REGULATIONS IN A REASONABLE MANNER?

DFM's idea looks like the core of a good plan. We're not talking about cutting the price of tickets overall. And we're not talking about discounting tickets willy-nilly. We're talking about making a portion of the normally unused stadium capacity available at discounted prices and doing it in a way that sponsors might get behind and support. It gives us an improved chance to grow our attendance and improve our revenue & cash flow.

Tech could lead the way by developing a discounted pricing program that respects the concerns that led to the existing limitations on discounting tickets while coming up with a program that just might improve our attendance and revenue. We could work out the details and then present the program to all the other schools in the state that are having the same problem. Then all of us petition the ULS Board, the legislature and whomever it is that has to pass judgement and push to get the change made.

It just takes having the initiative to make it happen. I guarantee you a handful of people on this board could spend a half a day fleshing this out and then drafting the plan. Then maybe get some input from corporate sponsors that might want to be involved. Once it's solid, get it in front of TMac & Dr Guice for their input. Refine the plan to final form. Then send it to every AD & President in the ULS & Southern system and ask them for their full and active support. Get them all to start pushing and lobbying the idea.

I just don't see why it would get rejected if it makes economic sense and has the potential of helping each school's finances.

I really don't see what harm could be done by trying.
    Last edited by tenacious_dog; 01-13-2017 at 06:11 PM.

2011 NFL Survivor Champion nadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond repute nadB's Avatar

I'd have no problem with the ticket prices if they'd bring in quality opponents for the ooc portion of the schedule. Crap teams konkol is scheduling damn sure ain't worth what they are charging for the tickets.

Champ eagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by nadB View Post
    I'd have no problem with the ticket prices if they'd bring in quality opponents for the ooc portion of the schedule. Crap teams konkol is scheduling damn sure ain't worth what they are charging for the tickets.
    Could we currently fill the TAC for a MBB or WBB game if we handed out free tickets?

2011 NFL Survivor Champion nadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond repute nadB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by eagle2180 View Post
    Could we currently fill the TAC for a MBB or WBB game if we handed out free tickets?
    Depends.................... I don't think you could fill the TAC for the lsus MBB game if you paid folks to go.

Edit: Well, I guess that would depend on how much your were willing to pay.

Champ eagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to behold

Depends.................... I don't think you could fill the TAC for the lsus MBB game if you paid folks to go.

So, with the current slate of games, supply exceeds demand. What would La Tech's Econ and Business professors have to comment on the matter?

Varsity Bulldog Kodawg is a jewel in the roughKodawg is a jewel in the roughKodawg is a jewel in the roughKodawg is a jewel in the roughKodawg is a jewel in the roughKodawg is a jewel in the roughKodawg is a jewel in the roughKodawg is a jewel in the roughKodawg is a jewel in the roughKodawg is a jewel in the roughKodawg is a jewel in the rough

Also no matter who the opponent is and no matter what the ticket price is, the advertising is pretty pathetic and has to be vastly improved.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by eagle2180 View Post
    Of course not, but that reflects on the lack of marketing and cost to attend for the past several years not the current product.

This is not basketball country. People have other stuff to do that is much less expensive. Baseball is only a few weeks away here in the south so about 1/3 to 1/2 of the potential audience will be occupied with another sport.

Our AD and his sidekick are out of touch and I'm not sure they really care about actually growing the fan base. They want to grow giving, but they think going back to the same well over and over will do the trick.

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

It is a real challenge for working folk in S'port/Bossier to make a 6:30 tip (multiplied by the construction on I-20). There is NO way for my family to eat before the game. Then, when we're charged $16 a ticket ($14 for the kids) to watch a game that takes less time than the drive, have no real meal options at the game, and have to grab something on the way home, it adds up. If I lived in Ruston, it would be no big deal.
    Have you considered those Dogs?

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by boxerdog View Post
    It is a real challenge for working folk in S'port/Bossier to make a 6:30 tip (multiplied by the construction on I-20). There is NO way for my family to eat before the game. Then, when we're charged $16 a ticket ($14 for the kids) to watch a game that takes less time than the drive, have no real meal options at the game, and have to grab something on the way home, it adds up. If I lived in Ruston, it would be no big deal.
    Does the Kids' Club pass no longer admit kids to basketball games?

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sportdawg View Post
    Does the Kids' Club pass no longer admit kids to basketball games?
    It does.

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

We prefer to buy "family pack" tickets for football.
    Have you considered those Dogs?

Champ maverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond repute

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Why fo they always have to combine mbb/wbb promo?

+ Reply to Thread