+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: W. Basketball. Lady Techsters to Receive National Championship Rings – 35 Years Later

Champ BlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud of

Re: W. Basketball. Lady Techsters to Receive National Championship Rings – 35 Years L

ODU ball with 9 seconds on shot clock..
    leading by 3, 51-48..
    ODU gets bucket, lead at 5!
    Techsters ball, Malone misses lay up, ODU with offensive rebound and put back, lead at 7 for ODU!
    Techsters take TIME OUT!
    55-48

Champ BlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud of

Re: W. Basketball. Lady Techsters to Receive National Championship Rings – 35 Years L

Techsters ball with over 8 minutes left in game trailing by 7.
    Turn over Techsters ..
    ODU ball with offensive rebound!
    leading by 7.. out of bounds ODU!
    Techsters ball trailing by 7!
    Turn over Techsters!
    ODU ball leading by 7!
    Turn over Techsters!
    20 for the game!
    55-48, ODU ball..
    offensive rebound by ODU and put back, lead at 9!
    Cleaver gets fouled,, Santos going to line with 5:46 left in game trailing by 9!
    Santos makes 1st, lead at 8,
    hits both, lead at 7..
    Techsters ball on out of bounds shot!
    5:30 left in game..
    LeBlanc gets bucket, lead at 5, 57-52..
    ODU gets 3ptr! lead back up to 8!
    4:32 left in game, Techsters ball trailing by 8.
    LeBlanc going to line for 2..
    She makes 1st, gets 2nd! 6pt lead for ODU!
    TTechsters ball with 3:59 left in game..
    LeBlanc gets rebound and bucket, she has 22 pts and 9 rebounds for game!
    Turn over ODU!
    3:24, Techsters ball trailing by 4.. turn over Techsters!
    3:07 left in game trailing by 4.. ODU ball!

ODU ball, with 3:07 left in game.. ODU ball...
    Techsters trailing by 4..
    Techsters ball with 100 second violation!
    Techsters ball!
    Ref give OdU the time out ..
    Offensive foul on Sims! her 4th!
    2:53 to play in game, Techsters trailing by 4!
    McCushions going to line!
    Hits 1st, 60-57
    misses 2nd, trailing by 3!
    Leblanc picks up foul,

Foul on MCCushion,
    ODU ball,
    leading by 3..
    Malone gets rebound..
    ODU ball..
    ODU gets bucket!
    1:33 left in game trailing by 5j
    ODU ball after block!
    leading by 5!
    McCushion picks up anotehr foul..
    ODU ball,
    leading by 5..
    Malones picks up foul, ODU going to line!
    makes 1st, lead at 6, hits both, lead at 7!
    ODU gets fouled by LeBlanc with :42 seconds left n game..
    makes 1st, lead at 8, makes both lead at 8..
    LeBlanc going to line with 33 seconds left in game!
    makes 1st, hits both!
    ODU calls time out..
    LeBlanc has 24 pts for game a career high..
    Sims going to line..
    makes 1st, 67-59
    makes both! lead at 9!
    19 seconds Techsters ball,
    ODU ball, Sims going back to line!
    leading by 9!
    makes both 59-69 ODU leading by 10!
    with 13 seconds!
    Anthoney gets a 3ptr!
    turn over ODU with 4 seconds left in game!
    McLeod gets bucket.. 69-64 End of game!

Champ Russdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Lady Techster legend from the 1982 championship Debra Rodman looked like she could have suited up and played today!! Nice thank you to the fans by Angela Turner during the halftime ceremony.

Current ladies had something like 8 turnovers in the 3rd quarter, three more early in the fourth. After one of them Brooke hung her head and slapped her leg in frustration. The referees are worse than we had in the WAC. Makes the game difficult to watch at times.

I sure got my hopes up after the Charlott game, but now that I think about it, that game was more of a fluke than,
    a different direction for the team!
    I am certainly no coach or do I have a clue what goes on from day to day in practices, but I do not understand why Santos is not getting more playing time.. She has the experience and more likely to be a leader on the court than off it!

Puppy Ilovebball is on top of his/her gameIlovebball is on top of his/her gameIlovebball is on top of his/her gameIlovebball is on top of his/her gameIlovebball is on top of his/her gameIlovebball is on top of his/her gameIlovebball is on top of his/her gameIlovebball is on top of his/her gameIlovebball is on top of his/her gameIlovebball is on top of his/her gameIlovebball is on top of his/her game

BlindDog: I TOTALLY agree with your observation about Santos and have wondered the same thing. Why isn't she getting more playing time? I believe she is the missing link to this team. They have lost too many close games and I think Santos could have helped them get those needed wins. I wonder what's going on?

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

Santos has got to learn how to stop passing the ball to the other team before she merits more playing time.

Puppy Ilovebball is on top of his/her gameIlovebball is on top of his/her gameIlovebball is on top of his/her gameIlovebball is on top of his/her gameIlovebball is on top of his/her gameIlovebball is on top of his/her gameIlovebball is on top of his/her gameIlovebball is on top of his/her gameIlovebball is on top of his/her gameIlovebball is on top of his/her gameIlovebball is on top of his/her game

But others can commit multiple turnovers and still get playing time? Something doesn't add up.

Santos started, to the best of my knowledge every game last year, and on several occasions was the star of the game! This year she might get 2 to 3 minutes of action if lucky, except for the game where she played the 4th quarter and the team made a remarkable comeback but was down to far to be able to come back for the win!
    How can you say a Freshman is more suitable for playing time against an experienced Senior

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by BlindDog View Post
    Santos started, to the best of my knowledge every game last year, and on several occasions was the star of the game! This year she might get 2 to 3 minutes of action if lucky, except for the game where she played the 4th quarter and the team made a remarkable comeback but was down to far to be able to come back for the win!
    How can you say a Freshman is more suitable for playing time against an experienced Senior
    I don't pretend to know the story, but I do know a LOT depends on practice for Brooke and that is a good thing. I like Santos and hope she does whatever she needs to get more playing time.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    I don't pretend to know the story, but I do know a LOT depends on practice for Brooke and that is a good thing. I like Santos and hope she does whatever she needs to get more playing time.
    I don't know the story either...so I am NOT saying this is true in this case....BUT!! based on what she's done in the past, it might be that Brooke is "coaching" Santos on some intangible aspects of being a student-athlete, TEAM player. If true, and if Santos listens, we will see Santos re-emerge later in the season and become a huge factor in late season success for this Techster team.

Again, just speculation on my part. But I saw this very thing at NSU under Brooke. Same type of complaints from fans: why isn't so-and-so playing more? Brooke was practicing "tough love" and not babying some senior star who thought she was entitled to PT...just because. Two trips to the Big Dance, with a late-season surge, was the reward after those players understood how the cock crows.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ITGwzan_0FY

Champ maverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by BlindDog View Post
    It seemed she got more vs. ODU Saturday, so I looked at the box score. As I'd suspected, she played 13 minutes Saturday vs. ODU, versus 1, 2, and 3 minutes in the previous 3 games, respectively. IF there's been a problem, perhaps it's been worked out. Last year, even when she didn't score a lot, Santos appeared to be a leader on the court. I hope she will return to that role.

Just curious but have any of you met and talked to Santos? I have and she is one of the most down to earth and humble girls you will ever meet. As for practices, I have heard that she is an extremely hard worker and even does additional practices with the assistant coaches since she has moved to the power forward position. I guess I just don't understand the "tough love" philosophy when you are losing games.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Ilovebball View Post
    Just curious but have any of you met and talked to Santos? I have and she is one of the most down to earth and humble girls you will ever meet. As for practices, I have heard that she is an extremely hard worker and even does additional practices with the assistant coaches since she has moved to the power forward position. I guess I just don't understand the "tough love" philosophy when you are losing games.
    I have no doubt about that and I'm glad to hear it.

This is not a comment on Santos but comments in general: I would rather we have girls with high character and commitment to schooling than wins. Its the right thing to do. With that in mind, if withholding minutes is a good way to improve character, grades, etc, I think that is a good way to invest in the program for the future.

I've got no idea if that's the case for any of our current players. That's just a general observation. I enjoy watching Santos play and I hope she gets much more time going forward.

Blue Dawg, I completely agree with you about playing players with high character and grades. Santos has already graduated and is working on her masters. If you guys all a chance, go and talk with her, you will be very impressed. Even though she sits the bench you will never see her "pout" and will be the biggest cheerleader for her team, that shows class. One fan told me that they were wondering if Santos' connection to Summitt and Pumroy has soured Coach Brooke to her. I hope that's not the case.

+ Reply to Thread