+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: M. Basketball. Bulldogs Dominate Rice, 74-64

Champ tenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond repute

Re: M. Basketball. LA Tech Returns Home to Face Rice

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    Why don't we have game programs anymore? Could we at least print out rosters for both teams for the fans?
    I buy one maybe half the time. Just inside the front doors to the left against the trophy case they generally have a table. $3. Has a game sheet with both rosters & player stats.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Re: M. Basketball. Bulldogs Dominate Rice, 74-64

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Free throws....sheesh!
    Yep -

Only disappointing stat in last nights game and it was our guards (sans Harris who was 3 of 4?) who couldn't hit them
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar

I was hoping we could keep the lead between 15 and 20 the last 3 minutes but we tried to milk the clock down to the last few seconds each time and had several turnovers which lead to scrambling 3 pointers for them which allowed them to close the gap

I think they would of been better served to go into their offensive set at :15 in the shot clock instead of :09 or :10

But for the vast majority of the game our offense really really worked and could of literally won by 25 if we hit our FT's and don't miss a couple of give-me's on offensive put backs

Day-Day had a drive that split the defenders that lead to a finger roll that was an absolute thing of beauty - still don't know how he did it

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

We did lots of good stuff last night. Seemed everybody did their part and no one player stood out that much. McCree got off to a horrible start and was rightly put on the bench for a few minutes. When he came back in he was a different player. I agree with DogsWin about how nice it is to see us have such a good inside presence now. Sherman reminds me of the USM post players that killed us for years. White really embraces his role, blocking shots, altering shots, getting rebounds. And he made some very nice passes close to the basket to our other big guys for easy buckets. We unfortunately let up late in the game and the final score does not reflect this game. It was a blowout. I agree with Skill that we have established an identity since the UTSA debacle. And I like it.
    Good old Memorial Gym

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Highlight video from LaTech Sports:

https://www.facebook.com/LATechAthle...5108043286833/
    Good old Memorial Gym

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tenacious_dog View Post
    I buy one maybe half the time. Just inside the front doors to the left against the trophy case they generally have a table. $3. Has a game sheet with both rosters & player stats.
    Not last night. All they had were posters and schedule cards. They gave me a poster and said it had the team on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    Not last night. All they had were posters and schedule cards. They gave me a poster and said it had the team on it.
    They were there when I got there about 19 minutes prior to tip

I wish we would go back to the $1 fold sheets - that had the rosters and score sheet with mini-stats for the game - I buy one of the $3 programs annually (program never changes they just use a XEROX insert) where I would buy the $1 sheet every night

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    They were there when I got there about 19 minutes prior to tip

I wish we would go back to the $1 fold sheets - that had the rosters and score sheet with mini-stats for the game - I buy one of the $3 programs annually (program never changes they just use a XEROX insert) where I would buy the $1 sheet every night
    Thanks. They must've sold out quickly. I agree about the $1 fold sheets.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tech77 View Post
    Highlight video from LaTech Sports:

https://www.facebook.com/LATechAthle...5108043286833/
    Good stuff! (pun intended)

Nitz is just so good at hoops play-by-play. He's good at everything he does, but I think he's at his best in hoops. During my travels I sometimes listen to games I find on the radio. And some play-by-play guys don't tell the radio audience what is happening, all the time. Might be something like:

"Smith has the ball.....wow! Ya know he was good at that in high school and we're starting to see it now in college. Jones has it on the dribble..."

Smith is good at what? the radio guy didn't call the play!

Don't get that with Nitz. You can "see" the game while listening to his call on radio.

I've been really pleased with the emergence of Jalen Washington as of late -

Really improved his ball handling, good touch on the corner 3 and with his length he is able to put it on the floor and take it to the rim if they over play him

He can wreck havoc on defense also

Powell didn't see action last night after a good road trip, but I figure it was because we had no one get close to foul trouble on the inside - refs really swallowed their whistles most all night

I've been really pleased with the emergence of Jalen Washington as of late -

Really improved his ball handling, good touch on the corner 3 and with his length he is able to put it on the floor and take it to the rim if they over play him

He can wreck havoc on defense also

Powell didn't see action last night after a good road trip, but I figure it was because we had no one get close to foul trouble on the inside - refs really swallowed their whistles most all night
    Except for all the ridiculous "carry" calls.
    Good old Memorial Gym

Champ touchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond repute touchdown123's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by skilldawg View Post
    Since UTSA the team has taken on a winning identity. Lock down defense and pounding the ball inside.

I like the plan.
    If we keep this defense up we will be very hard to beat. I've been amazed at the product since UTSA, winning games with defense which will be money next month.

There was one possession last night where I couldn't believe our guys managed to guard Rice. Seemed like Rice had 20 seconds of non stop ball movement, our guys stayed with them the entire time. My eyes couldn't keep up.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech77 View Post
    Except for all the ridiculous "carry" calls.
    I think there were 3 of them and in hindsight they were probably all legit calls because of the hesitation...

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

I think there were 3 of them and in hindsight they were probably all legit calls because of the hesitation...
    At least 1 happened on our end and it was obvious.

Yep, good observation. I was thinking as I watched the highlights how "on the money" Dave was with his description of what I was seeing.
    Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Good stuff! (pun intended)
    Nitz is just so good at hoops play-by-play. He's good at everything he does, but I think he's at his best in hoops. During my travels I sometimes listen to games I find on the radio. And some play-by-play guys don't tell the radio audience what is happening, all the time. Might be something like:

"Smith has the ball.....wow! Ya know he was good at that in high school and we're starting to see it now in college. Jones has it on the dribble..."

Smith is good at what? the radio guy didn't call the play!

Don't get that with Nitz. You can "see" the game while listening to his call on radio.
    Good old Memorial Gym

+ Reply to Thread