+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Real Science making a comeback!

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Real Science making a comeback!

So, the first apes who learned how to make fire, draw on cave walls, and communicate through sophisticated language just left some others behind instead of sharing the knowledge with the rest of them? Kind of heartless for a species that supposedly developed a moral compass through natural forces. And apes were capable of learning all of that before, but not anymore? And don't give me the sign language crap. We teach dogs to do tricks for treats, just like a chimp. Once again, easier for me to accept I came from Adam and Eve and not Coco and Maguilla.

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    So, the first apes who learned how to make fire, draw on cave walls, and communicate through sophisticated language just left some others behind instead of sharing the knowledge with the rest of them? Kind of heartless for a species that supposedly developed a moral compass through natural forces. And apes were capable of learning all of that before, but not anymore? And don't give me the sign language crap. We teach dogs to do tricks for treats, just like a chimp. Once again, easier for me to accept I came from Adam and Eve and not Coco and Maguilla.
    It wasn't apes that learned how to build fire and draw on walls. I doubt cavemen had sophisticated morals - they were probably concerned with their basic primative needs. Apes wouldn't have been their siblings - speciation is gradual, plus they may not have been aware of their evolutionary relationship to the apes of their day. Probably saw each other as threats. I hop you are just joking because the straw man that you just contrived doesn't seem to very well considered.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

I enjoy watching an effing idiot trying to defend the mockery of science that "evolution" is. Keep it up.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Katt Williams is smarter than you Guissstep.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOeQnWxnHls

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post

I enjoy watching an effing idiot trying to defend the mockery of science that "evolution" is. Keep it up.
    http://www.nas.edu/evolution/TheoryOrFact.html

Yeah, the same NAS that granted $100K to a "researcher" to see how fish do a treadmill. The same NAS that granted $300K to a college professor to study the effects of spring break on students. He took a bunch to Cancun for a week and got 'em drunk!

Yep, real science!

Champ Dawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond repute Dawgonit's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Yep, real science!
    With all the evidence that supports the scientific theory of evolution, why do you not believe it? Do you have a better scientific theory that is supported by the same or more evidence?

What "evidence?"

Oh, I see....

With all the evidence that debunks evolution, why do you believe it?

This thread has been hijacked. Yeah, I contributed to the hijacking by having a little fun with moronic evolutionist zealots. But, back to the real point of this thread. Post only REAL science here. Start a thread called "Post your fantasies here" if you wish to advocate for evolution as real science.

The information is readily available if you ever decide not to be ignorant about the subject. But if you enjoy the view of the dirt with your head in the ground, by all means, remain in your safe space.

Typical evolutionist....Jerry Coyne....equates believing in evolution to Marxism, anti-Americanism. Coyne says the USA is the MOST dysfunctional country on Earth. The least effective as a nation. Coyne blames religion for all of the US's problems. I suppose us being the only Super Power on the planet, the most generous and freest society on Earth is evidence of our dysfunctionality.

Really, that is all anyone needs to know about evolutionists. They are atheists. They are Marxists. They are the pigs of Animal Farm.

But, Coyne was the one that introduced religion into his "why evolution is good science" lecture. Why did he feel the need to compare evolution to religion, i.e. creationism? If one can make the case that the Theory of Evolution is "good" science, then stick to science and compare it to other scientific theory. Why? I'll tell you why. Because as real science, it falls short. So, it doesn't serve evolutionists to compare their pseudo-science to actual science, on a level playing field. Thus they introduce , with twisted assertions, comparisons to religion. Their goal is to say that faith, which by definition is without tangible physical evidence, is a "science." And since evolution is better suited to being a science (even with its flaws) than religion, why then, ya see! evolution must be a real science.

Another trick all evolutionists use is to equate their theory to other scientific theories, like gravity. Coyne used that one. His assertion, to the giggles of his willingly ignorant audience, is to say if one does not believe in evolution then that person can not believe in gravity, since they are both "scientific theories." Never mind that gravity can be tested and "proven" by anyone, at any time.

Another trick is to offer circular arguments as "proof" of evolution, after the evolutionist creates the parameters of the argument. Just like I can do here:

I say that: A = B, and B = C, and therefore A = C.

Notice how you accepted my contention as fact that A = B. Maybe A does not equal B, I only said it did.

Another HUGE flaw in evolutionists' arguments are the HUGE gaps in the data. In one point in his lecture, Coyne offers as proof of evolution the supposed evolution of whales from an ancient deer. Yes, a deer became the whales we know today. He says the fossil record shows the changes from this deer to the ancestors of whales from 50 million to 42 million years ago. He then shows on his Power Point a drawing of how this deer evolved over 8 million years into an animal 10 times its size, and was aquatic, not a land animal. His willingly ignorant audience Ooos and ahhhhs at this scientific revelation!

But, excuse me, Dr. Coyne, before you hurriedly rush on to your next slide, sir, can you show us tangible evidence of how this ancient whale, of 42 million years ago, has become the whales we know today? Please sir? Why stop your discussion on this amazing transition, of deer to whale, at 42 million years ago? Is it because there is no link to modern whales? Just asking...

You see, as a REAL scientist, those are the kinds of questions I have. I don't use religion as my counter to the Theory of Evolution. I use real science. In fact, as I watched his 90-minute lecture on why evolution is real and if you don't accept that as true, your are nothing but a religious nutcase, I never, NOT once, turned to the Bible as a counter to his contentions. I was asking, myself, real scientific questions. Such as "how do 'they' know that?" In what form is this evidence? Where is it? Locked away in some secret warehouse and only evolutionists have a key?

We are asked to believe that fossils exist that are 65 million years old, and older, but all the fossils that could actually prove evolution, especially human evolution from apes (and from reptiles before that) have well, melted away....so sorry. Yeah, fossils from 30,000 to 100,000 years ago just couldn't stand the ravishes of the environment, but those from 65 millions years could....in the same type soils/minerals. Got it!

https://www.sciencedaily.com/release...1220220241.htm

But fossils are hardly the main source of evidence for evolution. Evolution is a study of science, but it is also kind of a study of history. We will be putting together the story of evolutionary history, for a while, but not knowing precisely what happened at each stage does not remotely discredit the truth of evolution.

Is there another Earth somewhere in the galaxy? Or, in the universe somewhere?

Can one establish a "scientific" methodology to answer that question without leaving our Earth? Well, yeah, one could. Using computer models a prediction, a statistical analysis of probability could give us an "answer." It probably would estimate there are a "bunch" of Earths out there. Is that a "real" science conclusion?

I don't think so.

Obviously, in this case, the only way to test a theory of the existence of another Earth is to board the Starship Enterprise and actually find one! or not. But, even then, would the failure to locate another Earth "prove" one doesn't exist? Nope. It just means one has not been discovered. Unless, of course, our starship found that the universe is not infinite, it has boundaries, and they explored 100% of it and checked every planet.

Natural selection? Is that "evolution?" No. If only certain individuals survive then of course only that portion of the gene pool will survive to pass on traits. It does not mean that the species "evolved" (changed.)

Here's a kind of silly example to illustrate the point.

For whatever reason, (government edict?) let's say that all food and water are placed at a certain height and human beings must be able to reach it, on their own, to survive. (yes, discounting the use of ladders, etc for the sake of this example). Given this unrealistic (granted) example, only humans of a certain height would survive. Those tall enough to reach the food & water. Thousands of years later some alien researchers visit the Earth and check the fossil record. They discover that the average height of Earthlings had increased from an average of 5'5" to 6'5" so, hey! they must have evolved. Evolution is real!

Yes, your example would be evolution but not necessarily speciation. Now, if this happened in one region and the descendants of these people developed genome that was incompatible with sexual reproduction with the genome of the descendants from other populations, then maybe you have had a speciation. But your "thousands of years" may very well need to be hundreds of thousands.

You appear to be way overinvested in an alternate reality where evolution is debatable. Why are you fighting reality so hard? Did you put one of those silly fish-eating-Darwin decals on your car? This issue has long been settled.

+ Reply to Thread