+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Good Guys Strike Back!

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Re: Good Guys Strike Back!

It was The Times, a newspaper, link and it finally opened. Anyway, the point is an ISIS leader has been arrested thanks to President Trump's policy. How many lives were saved because of this?

Thanks President Trump for standing up for we Americans.

Champ Bearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    It was The Times, a newspaper, link and it finally opened. Anyway, the point is an ISIS leader has been arrested thanks to President Trump's policy. How many lives were saved because of this?

That'd be an interesting story to read D80, would you please post the link to it for me?

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Snopes has debunked the fake news story.

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

This is what happens when you get your information from the dark web and other alt-right sources.

Champ Bearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    Snopes has debunked the fake news story.
    It's not like Snopes is always accurate with its fact checking, but would you please post either a link to the article, or the Snopes debunking?

Thank you Guisslapp; if the article really did have the apology on SnapChat by a baby-boomer lawyer, that in itself would lead me to discount it. SnapChat just does not seem to be the right venue... Having not read the original article however, I cannot totally rule out what D80 has reported. Also, is Time.com related to Time Magazine, Washington Times, New York Times, etc.?

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bearpaw View Post
    Thank you Guisslapp; if the article really did have the apology on SnapChat by a baby-boomer lawyer, that in itself would lead me to discount it. SnapChat just does not seem to be the right venue... Having not read the original article however, I cannot totally rule out what D80 has reported. Also, is Time.com related to Time Magazine, Washington Times, New York Times, etc.?
    The article is linked on snopes (though doesn't load). It goes to times.com.mx. That is NOT the Time website, it's fake. There is nothing to investigate or judge.

The last count I saw, 44 have been released and 6 are still processing. That was two days ago. The only arrest has been of a Massachusetts man attacking a female Delta employee that is a Muslim. And that is from real news sources easily found and verifiable.

Fact is, just like getting news from emails make you wrong, same goes for facebook.

Quote Originally Posted by JuBru View Post
    The article is linked on snopes (though doesn't load). It goes to times.com.mx. That is NOT the Time website, it's fake. There is nothing to investigate or judge.

The last count I saw, 44 have been released and 6 are still processing. That was two days ago. The only arrest has been of a Massachusetts man attacking a female Delta employee that is a Muslim. And that is from real news sources easily found and verifiable.

Fact is, just like getting news from emails make you wrong, same goes for facebook.
    I pretty much agree with everything you've pointed out, except for the last part. Just because you get news from an email or Facebook does not make it wrong. It can be correct, true, accurate, precise, etc. You've just got to hope/trust/believe whether the information you receive is more likely or less likely to be accurate.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Iraqi army launches final assault to retake Mosul. What is left of the ISIS forces are held up in western Mosul and at the airport nearby. They have an estimated 1,000 soldiers left, out of the 4,500 who originally occupied Mosul. Close in house to house fighting is expected.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Iraqi army launches final assault to retake Mosul. What is left of the ISIS forces are held up in western Mosul and at the airport nearby. They have an estimated 1,000 soldiers left, out of the 4,500 who originally occupied Mosul. Close in house to house fighting is expected.
    We are winning this handily now. We need to REALLY watch Internet/Social Media, though. They need to be monitored very closely, because lone wolves are the bigger danger her in the U.S. It gets more dangerous, as they have become more desperate.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Bearpaw View Post
    I pretty much agree with everything you've pointed out, except for the last part. Just because you get news from an email or Facebook does not make it wrong. It can be correct, true, accurate, precise, etc. You've just got to hope/trust/believe whether the information you receive is more likely or less likely to be accurate.
    The key is checking more than 3 sources from reputable media. That is what I try to do these days. If it is on 3 three non-conspiracy reputable sources, I tend to believe it. I have seen false information from our President and media this year, but when I see it from multiple reputable sources, it is usually correct.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    I have seen false information from our President and media this year, but when I see it from multiple reputable sources, it is usually correct.
    Where were you when Obama was telling lies for 8 years? Enjoying it?

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    Where were you when Obama was telling lies for 8 years? Enjoying it?
    Through my years, I have realized that all politicians lie. Most of the time, it is stretching the truth. Never seen anyone say something so boldly, have it recorded, and say he didn't say it after that, though. They usually spin it. I haven't had a President in my lifetime not stretch the truth at times. Bill Clinton was a master at it. Trump says something and then straight up says he didn't say it. I don't respect the stretching, spinning, or outright lies.

My point was we should always check at least 3 reputable news sources if you want try to figure out the truth. Even though I don't like Trump, I have made it a personal policy that I will stand for issues, but will not talk negative about a sitting President. That doesn't mean I won't stand up for what I believe and state that in a positive way. That is all our right. Hopefully, no one blindly follows ANY President. That would be very un-American.

Not sure what point you were trying to make, but I wasn't that negative on your guy, Trump. I would think you could handle my post without firing back. Go back and read it again.

The lamestream media, dating back to the mid-80's have always lied and/or told half-truths. There was a time, going back to Walter Cronkite (CBS) and the others, ABC and NBC, that the media mostly was truthful. When they weren't, it was usually a "lie" of omission designed to protect national security or not cast the US in a negative light. That changed in the 80's and the lamestream media simply began promoting a left-wing agenda by tilting the "news" to support liberal causes. This gave rise to conservative talk radio by the late 80's into the early 90's. Rush Limbaugh has said many times, his show would never have taken off and gathered the millions of listeners it has if the lamestream media not become blatantly one-sided.

Then social media came along and pushed the "news" gathering and distribution into the hands of all of us. It is to be expected that social media would go through a series of changes, of refinement i.e. "growing pains" before it settles into some more stable, reliable media. Which it will in time.

I think all of this has been very healthy, even while experiencing "growing pains." We live in an open, free society where dialogue is critical to moving this great democracy (republic) forward. It won't be without its hiccups, however.

But, ahem, has my thread about the Good Guys kicking butt been hijacked!??? (guess that's one of the hiccups too)

+ Reply to Thread