+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Baylor Football: 52 Rapes in 4 Years Allegation

Champ The Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Baylor Football: 52 Rapes in 4 Years Allegation

Quote Originally Posted by OLDBLUE View Post
    Were there any police reports/investigations associated with this many incidents?????? Or is this another "yeah, me too" pile on?? Can such a thing happen without it becoming known before 52 acts?? What the hay, I mean, with all the "false news" sweeping thru the land?

Either way, we are some messed up in our dear land.
    Hard to know exactly how many police reports/investigations are involved. Neither the Waco police department nor Baylor's campus police department would provide Baylor's Title IX officer with police reports when she requested them.

For anyone who has not seen it, if you have access to Showtime, watch 60 Minutes Sports' story on this subject from a few months ago. It is jaw dropping. What's most shocking? The fact the woman who was hired as Baylor's Title IX coordinator and had all of this fall into her lap was forced out. But the Senior VP for the university in charge of all of this for years - including the campus police department - is still there.

I suspect that's how the NCAA will view it. As a good old boy network that hasn't changed. Baylor hired a Title IX coordinator who brought this all to light, and then when she kept digging deeper called her "fragile" and someone who was "overwhelmed by the job". Baylor then accused her of lying in a memo she sent to her superiors when she said she and her department didn't have the support it needed. They've now hired a PR firm to better defend themselves.

The NCAA Committees that will be involved are filled with liberal/progressive administrators who have either been in this woman's shoes or could easily see themselves being put in her position. I doubt they show Baylor any mercy.

Here is CBS' preview story on the 60 minutes feature, which contains this quote "our investigation found a culture where victims who came forward found themselves blamed for violating the university's code of conduct which prohibits drinking and premarital sex."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z30D1HjMBd4

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OLDBLUE View Post
    Were there any police reports/investigations associated with this many incidents?????? Or is this another "yeah, me too" pile on?? Can such a thing happen without it becoming known before 52 acts?? What the hay, I mean, with all the "false news" sweeping thru the land?

Either way, we are some messed up in our dear land.
    From what I recall, the Waco PD hid the files in an ongoing investigations folder so they would never have to close the cases, comment, or be subject to FOIA requests. The police were part of the cover up.

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    From what I recall, the Waco PD hid the files in an ongoing investigations folder so they would never have to close the cases, comment, or be subject to FOIA requests. The police were part of the cover up.
    You are correct. http://www.pbs.org/newshour/rundown/...sault-reports/
    After Baylor’s then-Title IX coordinator, Patty Crawford, attempted to obtain Waco police reports involving alleged sexual assaults on students, she received an email from a university vice president informing her that the Waco police “do not want the actual police reports turned over to Title IX,” according to the “60 Minutes Sports” report. In reference to an incident of sexual assault, Ramsower said, “There was a police report; I suppose it stayed with the police department. It never came out of the police department. That was a significant failure to respond by our police department, there’s no doubt about it,” CBS News reported...

While the most violent cases appeared to involve football players, sexual assault has pervaded the Baylor community, according to the “60 Minutes Sports” report.
    When asked how many women stepped into her office and alleged sexual violence, Crawford said, “hundreds.”

Champ longdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by DogsWin View Post
    You are correct. http://www.pbs.org/newshour/rundown/...sault-reports/
    After Baylor’s then-Title IX coordinator, Patty Crawford, attempted to obtain Waco police reports involving alleged sexual assaults on students, she received an email from a university vice president informing her that the Waco police “do not want the actual police reports turned over to Title IX,” according to the “60 Minutes Sports” report. In reference to an incident of sexual assault, Ramsower said, “There was a police report; I suppose it stayed with the police department. It never came out of the police department. That was a significant failure to respond by our police department, there’s no doubt about it,” CBS News reported...

While the most violent cases appeared to involve football players, sexual assault has pervaded the Baylor community, according to the “60 Minutes Sports” report.
    When asked how many women stepped into her office and alleged sexual violence, Crawford said, “hundreds.”

That really sad how a suppose "Christian" university would resort to that to cover up sexual assaults.

Big Dog counselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of light

Multiple year death penalty

Champ OLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by longdawgview View Post
    That really sad how a suppose "Christian" university would resort to that to cover up sexual assaults.

As said before - Either way, we are some messed up in our dear land.

Champ rabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by longdawgview View Post
    What religion is Baylor again?

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Evil is evil. I'm not sure we can say this one is worse than overlooked sexual abuse at any campus. As horribly evil as the Penn State scandal was it was covered up. I think the Baylor scandal will be as well. They will certainly not get the death penalty as both them and Penn State deserve.

Is it worse when it involves multiple incidents? What is a "pattern" of coverup? More than one or two? My point is that this happens often at many universities. Just because schools like Baylor and Penn State both offend even the left wing bleeding hearts doesn't make it worse than those who cover up a couple of cases and are never heard from.

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

Gang rapes by 10 football players. What the hell is going on at Baylor? They should be given the death penalty for no less than 10 years and the Big 12 should fine them their total share of the conference money for 10 years or just kick them out of the conference immediately. I bet a lot of parents sent their kids there because it's a "great Christian institution." Bad people do bad things when they know they can get away with it. Can we conceive anything more destructive to morality than this?

Champ detltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dixonfor6 View Post
    Paying the players would solve all of this "come here cuz we have white chicks willing to f***"
    I don't see how.

Champ StrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond repute StrayDawg's Avatar

Paying the players would solve all of this "come here cuz we have white chicks willing to f***"
    You can't buy a new conscience.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by rabiddawg View Post
    What religion is Baylor again?
    Baylor's affiliation is Baptist. I was there for 2 years. Baffles the mind how liberal they are. Doesn't resemble the Baylor of old that was sold to me when visited as a high schooler.

Champ Dixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond repute Dixonfor6's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    Baylor's affiliation is Baptist. I was there for 2 years. Baffles the mind how liberal they are. Doesn't resemble the Baylor of old that was sold to me when visited as a high schooler.
    What do you mean by liberal?

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

What do you mean by liberal?
    I don't mean to insinuate that being liberal has caused these events. I was just responding to the question about their affiliation. As I understand it, the university is not the conservative school it was from decades ago.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    I don't mean to insinuate that being liberal has caused these events. I was just responding to the question about their affiliation. As I understand it, the university is not the conservative school it was from decades ago.
    Probably to the left of what the convention has done. There has been drama for years.

+ Reply to Thread