+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Baylor Football: 52 Rapes in 4 Years Allegation

Champ ChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Baylor Football: 52 Rapes in 4 Years Allegation

Quote Originally Posted by Dixonfor6 View Post
    What do you mean by liberal?
    Baylor is an affiliate/associate/beneficiary of the Southern Baptist Convention, and Texas Baptists in particular. Their mission was originally to educate preachers, pastors, evangelists and missionaries. If you aren't familiar with the SBC, they (we) are historically very conservative in our Biblical beliefs, believing that the Scriptures are without error, and that they were written by men who were under guidance and inspiration of the Holy Spirit.

The love of money makes for strange bedfellows, and it would appear that Baylor has allowed "the world" to creep in. "Liberal" may not be the right term to use..."Secularism" may be more correct.

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dixonfor6 View Post
    What do you mean by liberal?
    Categorizing every aspect of their existence into conservative / liberal and good / evil is an intractable component of every Baby Boomer's soul.

Part of growing up in a world of Communist bogey-men lurking around every corner. They cant help it.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckK3 View Post
    Baylor is an affiliate/associate/beneficiary of the Southern Baptist Convention, and Texas Baptists in particular. Their mission was originally to educate preachers, pastors, evangelists and missionaries. If you aren't familiar with the SBC, they (we) are historically very conservative in our Biblical beliefs, believing that the Scriptures are without error, and that they were written by men who were under guidance and inspiration of the Holy Spirit.

The love of money makes for strange bedfellows, and it would appear that Baylor has allowed "the world" to creep in. "Liberal" may not be the right term to use..."Secularism" may be more correct.
    This is more of what I was trying to say. I apologize for not elaborating more clearly.

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

How many rocks did Briles turn over before he found 10 thugs that would participate in gang rape? This was a win at all cost mission for him.

Champ ChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Champ967 View Post
    Categorizing every aspect of their existence into conservative / liberal and good / evil is an intractable component of every Baby Boomer's soul.

Part of growing up in a world of Communist bogey-men lurking around every corner. They cant help it.
    Come on, Champ. You seem to paint with a very broad brush, and you also seem to diminish the threat of global nuclear war by reducing Nikita Khrushchev's slamming shoe at the U.N., the missiles of October 1962, and the plight of the people imprisoned behind the Iron Curtain to... "Communist bogey-men"? You realize humanity almost blew ourselves into extinction in 1962, right?

The good news? With a policy of Peace through Strength, Reagan won the Cold War, and the Soviet Union and Warsaw Pact were dissolved. The most "liberal" thing you can do is forget where you come from. KNOW YOUR HISTORY, and learn from it.

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Come on, Champ. You seem to paint with a very broad brush, and you also seem to diminish the threat of global nuclear war by reducing Nikita Khrushchev's slamming shoe at the U.N., the missiles of October 1962, and the plight of the people imprisoned behind the Iron Curtain to... "Communist bogey-men"? You realize humanity almost blew ourselves into extinction in 1962, right?

The good news? With a policy of Peace through Strength, Reagan won the Cold War, and the Soviet Union and Warsaw Pact were dissolved. The most "liberal" thing you can do is forget where you come from. KNOW YOUR HISTORY, and learn from it.
    Fine. Stipulated.

I'm talking about the many Americans of a certain age apply us vs. them thinking to absurd levels. Some folks of that era cant seem to get out of bed in the morning without first deciding if wearing blue underpants would make them a Democrat and therefore liberal and therefore evil and therefore hell-bound.

It's that kind of thinking that I was picking on when 05 seemed to insinuate that campus rape is somehow a conservative vs. liberal issue. He subsequently clarified that isn't what he meant, but I had already finished my post when I saw that. Plus I never miss an opportunity to make fun of Baby Boomers, the sole inventors of disco.

Oh, and Reagan was senile. If you like his administration's policies, great. But give credit to his staff. The poor old coot had no idea what was going on for about 6 out of 8 years.

Champ Amos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond repute

Fine. Stipulated.

I'm talking about the many Americans of a certain age apply us vs. them thinking to absurd levels. Some folks of that era cant seem to get out of bed in the morning without first deciding if wearing blue underpants would make them a Democrat and therefore liberal and therefore evil and therefore hell-bound.

It's that kind of thinking that I was picking on when 05 seemed to insinuate that campus rape is somehow a conservative vs. liberal issue. He subsequently clarified that isn't what he meant, but I had already finished my post when I saw that. Plus I never miss an opportunity to make fun of Baby Boomers, the sole inventors of disco.

Oh, and Reagan was senile. If you like his administration's policies, great. But give credit to his staff. The poor old coot had no idea what was going on for about 6 out of 8 years.
    If the Lord's willing, you will be a poor old coot eventually.

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Fine. Stipulated.

Whoa! What is wrong with disco?

Champ Dawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond repute Dawgonit's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    It was too perfect. Now everything seems awful compared it. Thanks baby boomers, I can't enjoy music now unless it's Le Freak on repeat.

Champ The Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by DONW View Post
    Gang rapes by 10 football players. What the hell is going on at Baylor? They should be given the death penalty for no less than 10 years and the Big 12 should fine them their total share of the conference money for 10 years or just kick them out of the conference immediately. I bet a lot of parents sent their kids there because it's a "great Christian institution." Bad people do bad things when they know they can get away with it. Can we conceive anything more destructive to morality than this?
    Can we conceive anything more destructive than this? Hypothetically speaking, I would say murder. Worse if it was someone on a team killing a teammate. Even worse if a coach covered it up. But it would be almost impossible for something that awful to occur.

Oh wait....

Disco is eww.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

A lot of people don't know this, but the Beatles' John Lennon LOVED disco music. That's right, one of the greatest Rock 'n Roll authors of all time, loved Disco music. In several interviews he said so. Here's an interview from 1975:

<Reporter> "You have the lyrics first, and then the music?"

<Lennon> "Usually. It’s better. I like that. The music is sort of easy. I sometimes envy Elton John. Bernie Taupin sends him a big stack of words, and he writes all the songs in five days. I could do that. But I am too egocentric to use other people’s words. That’s the problem. So it’s my own fault. I still like black music, disco music … “Shame, Shame, Shame” or ”Rock Your Baby,” I’d give my eyetooth to have written that. But I never could. I am too literal to write “Rock Your Baby.” I wish I could. I’m too intellectual, even though I’m not really an intellectual. I feel as though I am a writer, really. And the music is easy. The music is just all over the place."
    http://www.spin.com/2010/12/archive-1975-john-lennon-interview/

I've also watched John Lennon's live 1975 interview with Tom Snyder a couple of times. In that interview, Lennon told Snyder that he loves disco music. So all you disco haters aren't near as cool as you thought you were.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Great post!

Couldn't have said it better....well, actually I could have, but you did okay too.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

We agree on something!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=97RjuC9YeXg

Champ brtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond repute brtransplant's Avatar

Fine. Stipulated.

You shouldn't believe everything the liberal, biased press spoon-feeds you. The fact that you've heard anti Reagan propaganda spewed by the media your whole life is no reason to believe any of it. Reagan wasn't a poor old coot, he was one of the most effective presidents since WWII. You'd respect him a lot more if you'd been around when he won the cold war. Did you know that there once was a wall in Berlin?

+ Reply to Thread