+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Baylor Football: 52 Rapes in 4 Years Allegation

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Re: Baylor Football: 52 Rapes in 4 Years Allegation

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    Apparently some have a problem with titles not being given, culture from 100 years ago, and bad info on Baylor.
    That's not news that folks have problems with Baptists.

But you're mistaken if you think eldership or the pastorate is just a title...at least according to the Bible.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    That's not news that folks have problems with Baptists.

But you're mistaken if you think eldership or the pastorate is just a title...at least according to the Bible.
    I know what it is. The people who claim to be offended don't. They also don't believe the Bible is the infallible word of God.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    I know what it is. The people who claim to be offended don't. They also don't believe the Bible is the infallible word of God.
    If you know what it is, saying they're offended by titles is not honest. Everybody can see when someone has an ax to grind. No use trying to please those people. It's also no use to deny something that patently true. I'd say he got 2.5 out of 3 and, as a Southern Baptist, I have no trouble in admitting that.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    If you know what it is, saying they're offended by titles is not honest. Everybody can see when someone has an ax to grind. No use trying to please those people. It's also no use to deny something that patently true. I'd say he got 2.5 out of 3 and, as a Southern Baptist, I have no trouble in admitting that.
    lol. I was just about to post that I give him a score of 2.5.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by longdawgview View Post
    Yep, Baylor is a private university affiliated with the Southern Baptist Convention. The same denomination that supported slavery and still doesn’t recognize women as pastors... go figure
    - not "affiliated". Only are Texas resident would know Baylor is a Private Baptist School. A few others who came from Texas perhaps. It is a Texas thing. 0-1

-"supported slavery" in the sense almost all others supported southern culture 100+ years ago. Need to fine a reason to hate a white person? Trace their lineage back to being from the south. 0-2

- "doesn't recognize women as pastors". Being biblical is offensive to some. Is longdawgview as offended by other denominations who will not allow women to be as involved as many great Baptist women who actually serve and lead and preach in the church. 0-3

It's amazing how some will go back in time to find non-existent racism or sexism as an excuse for their hate of a certain denomination or political belief.

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

.5 out of 3 for longdawgview
    2.5 our of 3 for Pawdawg

Thanks for playing!

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cal&Ken View Post
    I just started the college touring process with my daughter. I am guessing that Baylor will be as TCU is, and distance themselves of being a true "Christian" university. In the tour TCU welcomes anyone, everyone, and you are welcome to be involved in any religious affiliation, or non at all there. From the Baylor website, I am guessing we will be told the same thing. It is a "Christian" university if you want it to be. The Baylor FB page at least has things that indicate they are a Christian though.
    If she ends up at TCU I know a good church right across the street (she could walk!).

It is BGCT as well as SBC and there are women ministers on staff though.

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Baylor isn't too skeert to play nlulm in monroe.

So that makes them winners to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    2.5 out of 3 for longdawgview
    0.5 out of 3 for Pawdawg

Thanks for playing!
    Fixing the moderator edit

Fixing the moderator edit
    bots!

Champ longdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the rough

.5 out of 3 for longdawgview
    2.5 our of 3 for Pawdawg

Thanks for playing!

Let's hope the Dawgs can go 3-0 against UTSA like PawDawg!

Better to be right late than be wrong forever: http://m.walb.com/walb/db_330714/con...tguid=j8ZMPrSQ

Champ TechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by Cal&Ken View Post
    I just started the college touring process with my daughter. I am guessing that Baylor will be as TCU is, and distance themselves of being a true "Christian" university. In the tour TCU welcomes anyone, everyone, and you are welcome to be involved in any religious affiliation, or non at all there. From the Baylor website, I am guessing we will be told the same thing. It is a "Christian" university if you want it to be. The Baylor FB page at least has things that indicate they are a Christian though.
    There's a huge difference between TCU and Baylor in terms of faith outlook. TCU is a secular school. It isn't even trying to be Christian in any sense now. There are non-Christian professors even in the religion department. BU isn't a Bible college by any means, but it is still committed to being a Christian university (which is different from saying they expect students to be Christians). BU was moving toward secularization in the 90s but reversed course and began to emphasize "integrating faith and learning" in the classroom -- across the curriculum. That's not to say that you'll be fully comfortable with everything every teacher teaches, and it's a long way from fundamentalism, but the school is committed to having a faith that impacts the classroom.

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TechDawgMc View Post
    There's a huge difference between TCU and Baylor in terms of faith outlook. TCU is a secular school. It isn't even trying to be Christian in any sense now. There are non-Christian professors even in the religion department. BU isn't a Bible college by any means, but it is still committed to being a Christian university (which is different from saying they expect students to be Christians). BU was moving toward secularization in the 90s but reversed course and began to emphasize "integrating faith and learning" in the classroom -- across the curriculum. That's not to say that you'll be fully comfortable with everything every teacher teaches, and it's a long way from fundamentalism, but the school is committed to having a faith that impacts the classroom.
    This is consistent with my understanding of both schools (but again, I know of a good church if she chooses TCU ).

Champ TechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by inudesu View Post
    This is consistent with my understanding of both schools (but again, I know of a good church if she chooses TCU ).
    Is that University Baptist? Visited there when I lived in FW. Actually lived right behind the football stadium

+ Reply to Thread