+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: M. Basketball. Undermanned Bulldogs Drop Heartbreaker in Murfreesboro, 71-61

Champ BruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud of

Re: M. Basketball. Undermanned Bulldogs Drop Heartbreaker in Murfreesboro, 71-61

These last two games came down to play inside the paint. We still don't have the depth nor the ability inside to compete with UAB & MT. UAB killed us inside & MT killed us inside down the stretch. Our offense last 5 min last night with game tied amounted no ball movement, poor shot selection, & no pts.
    MT halftime adjustment to shut down our guards from driving to basket essentially shut down our offense as 2nd half progress. That along with no pts inside& poor outside shooting resulted in what is becoming our norm - we don't matchup well with teams that have production in the paint.
    This is reason why we haven't won tourney in last few years & appears to be our Achilles heel again this yr. Love our guards but other than Sherman (who seems to stay in foul trouble) we are not good enough inside to match up with UAB & MT.
    To beat either we will need to have a great shooting night from the perimeter.

Champ CutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to behold

Re: M. Basketball. Undermanned Bulldogs Drop Heartbreaker in Murfreesboro, 71-61

Probably a silly question to you bb gurus, but why do we have no one lined up for rebounding when we shoot foul shots? We are so good we assume there will be no missed shots? Wouldn't we want to be there for a put back? We just wait on the other end for them to get a rebound and head our way? Seems odd to me.

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BruceWillisDawg View Post
    These last two games came down to play inside the paint. We still don't have the depth nor the ability inside to compete with UAB & MT. UAB killed us inside & MT killed us inside down the stretch. Our offense last 5 min last night with game tied amounted no ball movement, poor shot selection, & no pts.
    MT halftime adjustment to shut down our guards from driving to basket essentially shut down our offense as 2nd half progress. That along with no pts inside& poor outside shooting resulted in what is becoming our norm - we don't matchup well with teams that have production in the paint.
    This is reason why we haven't won tourney in last few years & appears to be our Achilles heel again this yr. Love our guards but other than Sherman (who seems to stay in foul trouble) we are not good enough inside to match up with UAB & MT.
    To beat either we will need to have a great shooting night from the perimeter.
    Um, take a look at the UAB-LA Tech box score. We were 29-67 (43.3%) inside the arc and a digusting 5-24 (20.8%) from the 3-point line. Our inside game is what KEPT US FROM BEING BLOWN OUT OF THE GYMNASIUM in both of these games!
    E McCree (Power Forward) 1 of 6 on 3-pointers
    D Jean (Guard) 1 of 5 on 3-pointers
    J Boykins (Guard) 1 of 4 on 3-pointers
    J Harris (Guard) 1 of 4 on 3-pointers
    O. Sherman (Center) 1 of 3 on 3-pointers

Why are our PF and Center jacking up 3-point shots? Our entire team thinks they are Michael Jordan or Kobe Bryant. If we keep jacking up stupid 3-pointers as our "offense" the fans will eventually just stop going to Ruston to watch that ridiculous crap.
    http://www.espn.com/mens-college-bas...-tech-bulldogs

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CutiePie72 View Post
    Probably a silly question to you bb gurus, but why do we have no one lined up for rebounding when we shoot foul shots? We are so good we assume there will be no missed shots? Wouldn't we want to be there for a put back? We just wait on the other end for them to get a rebound and head our way? Seems odd to me.
    To set up our press.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Re: M. Basketball. LA Tech Turns the Page to League-Leader Middle Tennessee

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    According to the game story put out tonight by the Tech SID, Bracey had to sit out most of the 2nd half due to "cramps". Obviously a hydration issue.
    Thanks. That's unfortunate. I think that was the difference in this game. I'd love to know Bracey's +/- for this game. I thought he controlled the game in the 1st half but was MIA in the 2nd half.

Champ OLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond repute

On Bracey -(Just my opinion) My gosh. The young man ran around like a tazmanian demon for ever. Gassed and cramped later, duh! I may be wrong, but seems he played extra minutes because of Jean's foul problem the first half. J.B. was a big loss for this important game.

Champ skilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond repute skilldawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CutiePie72 View Post
    Not sure what the situation was, but a tip for future reference. If u see two guards line up low on our free-throws, we will full court press on a made free throw.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Here's a comment that some of you may find strange:

I like our chances against MTSU in the CUSA tournament if

1) Boykins is back in the lineup
    2) Bracey figures out a way to stay hydrated (just inexplicable) so he can play more than half a game. Sorry, but I expect my players to give me a full game, not a half game.
    3) Eric Konkol can get HIS crap together on the coaching front. In addition to improved clock management, Konkol needs to back off the 3-point shot a bit. Only Boykins and a couple of other players should even be allowed to consider shooting 3-pointers. Everybody else needs to figure out a way to make money in the paint. Why is our CENTER shooting 3-pointers? Geeeez......We need more offensive rebounds, and putbacks. Put his big ass down in the paint or send his butt to the bench. And we certainly need more poeple MOVING AROUND, so they aren't so easy to guard.

When you shoot 5 out of 24 (20%) from behind the arc, you've obviously got several people that have no business shooting the 3. Most of these guys can't shoot free throws, much less a 3-pointer. Correct it now.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by skilldawg View Post
    Not sure what the situation was, but a tip for future reference. If u see two guards line up low on our free-throws, we will full court press on a made free throw.
    But Cutie brings up a good point. Why not put your bigs down low to battle for the loose ball and the put back? Especially late in the game, when MTSU had no problem beating our press for the easy slam on the other end.

We GAVE MTSU this game. Except for Williams and Potts, I actually think LA Tech has better talent top to bottom than MTSU. Williams had 19 points and 11 rebounds for MTSU. He just killed us.

Key stats IMO:
    *MTSU out-rebounded Tech 38-28.
    *Tech took 50 shots from the field, while MTSU took 63.

MTSU beat us badly in the paint. I hate to sound like a broken record, but this is a carry over problem from the Mike White era. White's teams couldn't compete in the paint, and this Konkol team didn't against MTSU. Konkol needs to quit playing Mike White basketball.

The good news is, we all know these regular season games mean nothing now, and it's all about how you compete in the CUSA tournament. I'm hoping Konkol is learning how to beat some of these teams come tourney time.

Champ skilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond repute skilldawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Here's a comment that some of you may find strange:

I like our chances against MTSU in the CUSA tournament if

1) Boykins is back in the lineup
    2) Bracey figures out a way to stay hydrated (just inexplicable) so he can play more than half a game. Sorry, but I expect my players to give me a full game, not a half game.
    3) Eric Konkol can get HIS crap together on the coaching front. In addition to improved clock management, Konkol needs to back off the 3-point shot a bit. Only Boykins and a couple of other players should even be allowed to consider shooting 3-pointers. Everybody else needs to figure out a way to make money in the paint. Why is our CENTER shooting 3-pointers? Geeeez......We need more offensive rebounds, and putbacks. Put his big ass down in the paint or send his butt to the bench. And we certainly need more poeple MOVING AROUND, so they aren't so easy to guard.

When you shoot 5 out of 24 (20%) from behind the arc, you've obviously got several people that have no business shooting the 3. Most of these guys can't shoot free throws, much less a 3-pointer. Correct it now.
    I like our chances to.

I am not sure what situation we r talking about lack of movement. There will by nature be less offensive movement against a 1-3-1 or 2-3 zone. I think the reason we saw more of those defenses was Boykin's absence. It is a lot easier for them to play those defenses without our zone buster on the floor.

Without Bracey's penetration and The threat of Cobi, if it is very difficult to score against a solid extended zone. The good news is a Jalen did hit a couple of 3's.

I agree on Sherman to an extent. If he ever decides he really wants to rebound, we could be dangerous. He already brings a weapon we haven't had inside. That is the next step in his progression.

+ Reply to Thread