+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Goodbye and Take Care

Champ T1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond repute

Goodbye and Take Care

I thought I owed it to y'all to say goodbye unless you wondered what happened to me. The Lord has laid it on my heart that I have made Louisiana Tech sports an idol and need to let it go (among other things). This is going to be a huge struggle for me. Please don't judge me as a nut. Just wanted to let you know that I haven't died (well, I have but I live for God's will now). Maybe he will put it in my heart in the future that I can follow the Dawgs, just not as closely as I have it in my heart at this point. Go Dawgs.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Re: Goodbye and Take Care

Quote Originally Posted by T1 View Post
    I thought I owed it to y'all to say goodbye unless you wondered what happened to me. The Lord has laid it on my heart that I have made Louisiana Tech sports an idol and need to let it go (among other things). This is going to be a huge struggle for me. Please don't judge me as a nut. Just wanted to let you know that I haven't died (well, I have but I live for God's will now). Maybe he will put it in my heart in the future that I can follow the Dawgs, just not as closely as I have it in my heart at this point. Go Dawgs.
    I suppose you won't read this , but you are doing an admirable thing and it is a great sacrifice. Hope to continue to see you at games. God Bless you and your family!
    "eye fo an eye and toof fo a toof" - Idiot in Missouri

Champ Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Amen! Easy to get caught up in things, but ultimately even Tech sports takes second fiddle behind Christ.

Champ CARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond repute CARTEK's Avatar

I do not think you are nuts...and I too have an announcement.

My oldest, Alex, entered Tech in the fall...he had a good experience...and finished the quarter with a 4.0. Over the break, he spent several days with my parents in College Station and after some thought and prayer felt like he was suppose to be in College Station. He planned to stay at Tech through his first year, but a scheduling snafu with both biology and chemistry was going to render all of his credits untransferrable. So after he packed up, withdrew, and came home after the first day of winter quarter. He is now enrolled at Blinn taking 16 hours and living with my folks.

For the record, a year ago I thought he would take the course he's on now...so I was a little butt hurt when he made his decision...but I'm mostly over it now.

Keep Alex in your prayers, please.
    I'm an asshole! What's your excuse?

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute TYLERTECHSAS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    Amen! Easy to get caught up in things, but ultimately even Tech sports takes second fiddle behind Christ.
    Amen!

Puppy Crowdaddy is a jewel in the roughCrowdaddy is a jewel in the roughCrowdaddy is a jewel in the roughCrowdaddy is a jewel in the roughCrowdaddy is a jewel in the roughCrowdaddy is a jewel in the roughCrowdaddy is a jewel in the roughCrowdaddy is a jewel in the roughCrowdaddy is a jewel in the roughCrowdaddy is a jewel in the roughCrowdaddy is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by T1 View Post
    Nothing is wrong with being Nuts for Christ. Your testimony is truly inspirational. Matthew 16:24-25 says, 24. If anyone would come after Me, he must deny himself and take up his cross and follow Me. 25. For whoever wants to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for My sake will find it. God Bless you!

Champ T1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Crowdaddy View Post
    Nothing is wrong with being Nuts for Christ. Your testimony is truly inspirational. Matthew 16:24-25 says, 24. If anyone would come after Me, he must deny himself and take up his cross and follow Me. 25. For whoever wants to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for My sake will find it. God Bless you!
    Thank you all for your understanding and graciousness. I've considered myself a Christian all my life and somehow I missed this part. I got that Jesus came, died for my sins, rose from the dead and sent the Holy Spirit to us. I completely missed the part of denying yourself, surrendering your will, being crucified with Christ, being led by the spirit moment by moment to fulfill God's purpose (not my plans). He brought me to that place of surrender by showing me my way doesn't work. Thanks again.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

BTW, we should have won 6 games in 2013.
    "eye fo an eye and toof fo a toof" - Idiot in Missouri

Champ JAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by Crowdaddy View Post
    +1

+ Reply to Thread