+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Goodbye and Take Care

Champ T1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond repute

Goodbye and Take Care

I thought I owed it to y'all to say goodbye unless you wondered what happened to me. The Lord has laid it on my heart that I have made Louisiana Tech sports an idol and need to let it go (among other things). This is going to be a huge struggle for me. Please don't judge me as a nut. Just wanted to let you know that I haven't died (well, I have but I live for God's will now). Maybe he will put it in my heart in the future that I can follow the Dawgs, just not as closely as I have it in my heart at this point. Go Dawgs.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Re: Goodbye and Take Care

Quote Originally Posted by T1 View Post
    I thought I owed it to y'all to say goodbye unless you wondered what happened to me. The Lord has laid it on my heart that I have made Louisiana Tech sports an idol and need to let it go (among other things). This is going to be a huge struggle for me. Please don't judge me as a nut. Just wanted to let you know that I haven't died (well, I have but I live for God's will now). Maybe he will put it in my heart in the future that I can follow the Dawgs, just not as closely as I have it in my heart at this point. Go Dawgs.
    I suppose you won't read this , but you are doing an admirable thing and it is a great sacrifice. Hope to continue to see you at games. God Bless you and your family!

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Amen! Easy to get caught up in things, but ultimately even Tech sports takes second fiddle behind Christ.

Champ CARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond repute CARTEK's Avatar

I do not think you are nuts...and I too have an announcement.

My oldest, Alex, entered Tech in the fall...he had a good experience...and finished the quarter with a 4.0. Over the break, he spent several days with my parents in College Station and after some thought and prayer felt like he was suppose to be in College Station. He planned to stay at Tech through his first year, but a scheduling snafu with both biology and chemistry was going to render all of his credits untransferrable. So after he packed up, withdrew, and came home after the first day of winter quarter. He is now enrolled at Blinn taking 16 hours and living with my folks.

For the record, a year ago I thought he would take the course he's on now...so I was a little butt hurt when he made his decision...but I'm mostly over it now.

Keep Alex in your prayers, please.
    I'm an asshole! What's your excuse?

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    Amen! Easy to get caught up in things, but ultimately even Tech sports takes second fiddle behind Christ.
    Amen!

Puppy Crowdaddy is a jewel in the roughCrowdaddy is a jewel in the roughCrowdaddy is a jewel in the roughCrowdaddy is a jewel in the roughCrowdaddy is a jewel in the roughCrowdaddy is a jewel in the roughCrowdaddy is a jewel in the roughCrowdaddy is a jewel in the roughCrowdaddy is a jewel in the roughCrowdaddy is a jewel in the roughCrowdaddy is a jewel in the rough

Nothing is wrong with being Nuts for Christ. Your testimony is truly inspirational. Matthew 16:24-25 says, 24. If anyone would come after Me, he must deny himself and take up his cross and follow Me. 25. For whoever wants to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for My sake will find it. God Bless you!

Champ T1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Crowdaddy View Post
    Nothing is wrong with being Nuts for Christ. Your testimony is truly inspirational. Matthew 16:24-25 says, 24. If anyone would come after Me, he must deny himself and take up his cross and follow Me. 25. For whoever wants to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for My sake will find it. God Bless you!
    Thank you all for your understanding and graciousness. I've considered myself a Christian all my life and somehow I missed this part. I got that Jesus came, died for my sins, rose from the dead and sent the Holy Spirit to us. I completely missed the part of denying yourself, surrendering your will, being crucified with Christ, being led by the spirit moment by moment to fulfill God's purpose (not my plans). He brought me to that place of surrender by showing me my way doesn't work. Thanks again.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

BTW, we should have won 6 games in 2013.

Champ JAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by Crowdaddy View Post
    +1

So, you may have noticed that I've been back a little. I wanted to share what the last year and 9 months has been like for me and this struggle. The Lord has been opening my eyes to bondage in this life versus freedom in this life. I didn't understand fully why I needed to give up Tech football when I wrote this on 01/30/17, but now I do. Somehow, I knew that Tech football was an idol because I wrote that, but I've come to understand what that means. An idol is anything you "worship" over God. What do you spend the abundance of your time doing? That is probably where your heart is. The first of the 10 Commandments is to have no god before Him. I was absolutely worshiping Tech football before God, and I had no idea that was happening because I was ignorant. I thought idol worship was the cutting of little wooden objects by people who lived thousands of years ago, or golden cows (how ridiculous were they?). God does not tell you this to rob you of your joy (mine being Tech football), but to GIVE you joy. Idols cannot give you the joy and peace that God gives you. The relationship with the idol is slavery ... it robs you of joy and makes you bitter and angry and hateful. He gives us a choice, but tells us what the best choice is... Him.

Proverbs 26:11 says, "As a dog returns to its vomit, so fools repeat their folly." It's still got some kind of hold on me; it's powerful. However, I am beginning to hate Tech football because of its power over me that leads me to the wrong way of living (bitterness, anger, depression, hate, etc...). It harms my soul, yet something still draws me to it even though I'm aware of the danger. I wrote in my original post that maybe I could get a better perspective and return to Tech someday. I've done that in part... I know my glory does not come from a mediocre football program in CUSA but from the Most High God, Creator of all things. He never lets you down or leads you to bitterness, anger, depression, hate, etc. He is trustworthy and full of love, peace, joy, and contentment. But it is still very dangerous for me to play around with this because it will easily suck me back in and put me back in the bondage that I was freed from.

I write this for anyone who may need to hear it. I was oblivious that I was worshiping a false god and it was hurting my soul. College football in America seems so benign... MOST people are passionate about it... good Christian men go nuts on Saturdays for their team... how could it be wrong? Well, it can be if it captures your heart and steals your joy and peace and love. Be aware. It can rob you of the right way to live for God if you have an unhealthy relationship with it.... like I did. So if you see me posting, it's probably because I've returned to my vomit... please pray for me. Thank you.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

I realized some years ago that I was too passionate and concerned about the results of stupid sporting events. I should have learned that lesson back in 1972 when the US Olympic basketball team was utterly ripped off in that "loss" to the Soviets. And I, age 14, punched a hole thru a door in our house. They used to make solid wood doors, not the OSB hollow crap doors of today. I not only ruined an expensive door....I broke my hand in several places. My parents were not to happy with either of those things.

But, it was several years ago when I was watching a game one Saturday, I think it was the Texas Longhorns, when it hit me how stupid we sports' fans are. Texas had blown a 4th qtr lead and the other team was running out the clock. The cameras showed a group of Texas fans in shock, dismay, and despair....as if their doctor had just told them they had 3 months to live. I remember thinking....look at those idiots, so depressed. It's just a silly football game! The Horns will play again next Saturday, and the Saturday after that. Life goes on....sheesh!

And then it hit me....I was looking in a mirror! That was me when a team I cared about lost. Since then I try to keep everything in perspective. I enjoy sports....in fact I think I actually ENJOY it more now than back then! No more silly "pressure" worrying about the outcome of a game. I shake my head when I say fans praying their FG kicker makes the kick. As if God really cares if one college (or NFL) team bests another in a meaningless game!

All that said...

Go Raiders!
    Go Dawgs!
    Go Saints!

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

I view being a TECH fan as a cross I have to bare.....
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

So if you see me posting, it's probably because I've returned to my vomit... please pray for me. Thank you.
    Love your entire post but will respond to this one above by saying, "After all you are a full-bred Dawg you know".

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    A thorn in my flesh...I've prayed for God to take it away, and yet, here we are.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    This … it is a sacred obligation.

You must do your duty, for you have been chosen.

+ Reply to Thread