+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Places to eat in Lafayette

Big Dog Dawgbert is a splendid one to beholdDawgbert is a splendid one to beholdDawgbert is a splendid one to beholdDawgbert is a splendid one to beholdDawgbert is a splendid one to beholdDawgbert is a splendid one to beholdDawgbert is a splendid one to beholdDawgbert is a splendid one to beholdDawgbert is a splendid one to beholdDawgbert is a splendid one to beholdDawgbert is a splendid one to behold Dawgbert's Avatar

Places to eat in Lafayette

My wife and I are driving to NOLA to ride on the Krewe of Tucks float. We plan to make a layover in Lafayette and are looking for a good place to eat not far off the interstate. Suggestions?

Puppy DurDog is a jewel in the roughDurDog is a jewel in the roughDurDog is a jewel in the roughDurDog is a jewel in the roughDurDog is a jewel in the roughDurDog is a jewel in the roughDurDog is a jewel in the roughDurDog is a jewel in the roughDurDog is a jewel in the roughDurDog is a jewel in the roughDurDog is a jewel in the rough

Re: Places to eat in Lafayette

Olde Tyme Grocery on St. Mary Blvd. by campus, not far off of I-10, exit University Blvd. Best Poboys around if you are in the mood for that.

Champ GermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond repute GermDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgbert View Post
    My wife and I are driving to NOLA to ride on the Krewe of Tucks float. We plan to make a layover in Lafayette and are looking for a good place to eat not far off the interstate. Suggestions?
    You going through US90 or I10? If I-10 then your best off with Prejean's off I-49.

If you take 90 to NOLA I would stop in Youngsville at Hook & Boil

Puppy DurDog is a jewel in the roughDurDog is a jewel in the roughDurDog is a jewel in the roughDurDog is a jewel in the roughDurDog is a jewel in the roughDurDog is a jewel in the roughDurDog is a jewel in the roughDurDog is a jewel in the roughDurDog is a jewel in the roughDurDog is a jewel in the roughDurDog is a jewel in the rough

If US90 gotta go to Riverside Inn. Prejans great for tourists.

Champ Amos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond repute

If you go by the college, I bet you can find a place that serves crow, but no humble pie. You see, they banned the recipe after the NCAA caught them cheating. They are, however, looking to serve $hit sandwiches to all universities in the UL system as soon as their quest for perceived superiority and name-grabbing is complete!

Champ rabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond repute

There are many good places in Lafayette and none of them are near the interstate. Prejeans isn't bad but ain't what it use to be for some reason. Neither is Fezzos. Olde Tyme over rated.

First thing that comes to mind is Agave off comelia blvd not the one near campus different owners. Mexican, eat on the patio weather is awesome right now. Shrimp quesadillas 👍

Charlie G's never disappoints. White table cloths so don't go in slumming 👍

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by rabiddawg View Post

First thing that comes to mind is Agave off comelia blvd not the one near campus different owners. Mexican, eat on the patio weather is awesome right now. Shrimp quesadillas 
    So the best recommendation in Lafayette is a Mexican joint.

Champ rabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by DurDog View Post
    If US90 gotta go to Riverside Inn. Prejans great for tourists.
    When I moved here in 2002 riverside was great. Haven't been in many years cause it went downhill.

Agree with you on preheats. We only go there when we have visitors that request it.

And if somebody says Randol's I'm gonna reach thru the web and choke you.

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Clyde View Post
    Lol. Got me. But I did suggest the shrimp.

For seafood I go to Shucks in Abbeville. The shucks stacker can't be beat. Real crabcake topped with a fried catfish filet and étouffée

Charlie g will have local seafood selection along with awesome steak

Only if you wanna get 3 sheets to the wind at La Fonda's

Champ The Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond repute

If you're traveling from San Antonio to New Orleans on I-10, I would stick to Prejean's. It's just 3 minutes north on I-49 from the I-10/I-49 exit. It may not be what it used to be, but it's still in the Top 5 for most folks I know who live in Lafayette.

Many places in and around Lafayette do incredible seafood, but I've found that Prejean's also does a very good chicken & sausage gumbo and good red beans & rice. Their sides are also incredible. Corn Macque Choux. Rice dressing. Good stuff.

Champ The Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Clyde View Post
    Lafayette has a sizable Latin population. A lot of second and third generation from kids who came up to study petroleum engineering in the 50s, 60s, and 70s. I've had really good Mexican and Latin in Lafayette. Good Cuban, too.

Champ Houston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond repute

Is there a Don's left there since Landry's (Fertitta) took over? We have a couple of Floyd's over here. Floyd ran the Houston Don's before Landry's. Maybe way down in Morgan city?

Quote Originally Posted by Houston Techsan View Post
    Is there a Don's left there since Landry's (Fertitta) took over? We have a couple of Floyd's over here. Floyd ran the Houston Don's before Landry's. Maybe way down in Morgan city?
    There are two Don's in Lafayette. Neither is part of the Fertitta group. One is part of the group of Don's Seafood run by part of the Landry family of which there are 6 in south Louisiana. The other is in downtown Lafayette and has been independent of the others since the others began operating 40 or 50 years ago.

The one downtown opened in the 30s as Don's Seafood and Steakhouse. If I'm not mistaken there was a family split in the Landry family in the 60s or 70s. A family member opened his own "Don's" on Johnston Street in Lafayette. That part of the family opened the others in south Louisiana and branded them Don's Seafood. They still own and operate them today. I'm not sure of their relation to the Landry's in Houston.

I haven't been to either in 20 years and couldn't comment on the food.

Varsity Bulldog larhob is a glorious beacon of lightlarhob is a glorious beacon of lightlarhob is a glorious beacon of lightlarhob is a glorious beacon of lightlarhob is a glorious beacon of lightlarhob is a glorious beacon of lightlarhob is a glorious beacon of lightlarhob is a glorious beacon of lightlarhob is a glorious beacon of lightlarhob is a glorious beacon of lightlarhob is a glorious beacon of light

Shucks in Abbeville is outstanding. Go south on 167 to Abbeville. Easy to find. Takes about 15 min. to get there.

+ Reply to Thread