+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 National Signing Day

Champ Bearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond repute

Re: 2017 National Signing Day

Quote Originally Posted by Tech52 View Post
    Yeah I was serious and joking.
    Thought so

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

We signed 7 DBs!?

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bearpaw View Post
    Looks like Kiffin is planning the Sonny route for FAU. Let's hope they don't have a 2013 like us when he leaves...
    Quote Originally Posted by JDubyadawg View Post
    No doubt about that the day he was announced as HC. I'm sure FAU hopes for three good years out of him to build a program.
    Not to defend Kiffin, but I don't think it's uncommon to have a JC heavy first class (especially at a G5 school and when you're hired too late to really have built any recruiting relationships with players who would actually be coming to that school). Holtz was sort of stuck going that route when he was hired here, but afterwards did mostly what he said he preferred, which was to lean more towards high school (although we've bounced up some this year).

Champ Bearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by inudesu View Post
    Not to defend Kiffin, but I don't think it's uncommon to have a JC heavy first class (especially at a G5 school and when you're hired too late to really have built any recruiting relationships with players who would actually be coming to that school). Holtz was sort of stuck going that route when he was hired here, but afterwards did mostly what he said he preferred, which was to lean more towards high school (although we've bounced up some this year).
    Good point, you're probably right. However, I was also basing my opinion on what I know of Kiffin's history...

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Good point, you're probably right. However, I was also basing my opinion on what I know of Kiffin's history...
    Yeah, I'm not expecting him to build a career there, given his history (although that same history may keep him there longer than he thinks).

But until he got hired I doubt he was looking at FAU caliber players from Florida all that much. He was looking at Alabama caliber players nationally. So he wouldn't have much working knowledge or relationships with players or coaches like he will next year. He has the name and probably has the broad connections to have helped flip some late guys that FAU already had on their radar, but next year is where FAU may really take off in recruiting (although that's been the case every year and it hasn't got them much so far).

Varsity Bulldog DawgBark is a splendid one to beholdDawgBark is a splendid one to beholdDawgBark is a splendid one to beholdDawgBark is a splendid one to beholdDawgBark is a splendid one to beholdDawgBark is a splendid one to beholdDawgBark is a splendid one to beholdDawgBark is a splendid one to beholdDawgBark is a splendid one to beholdDawgBark is a splendid one to beholdDawgBark is a splendid one to behold

I believe Tech is looking at a TE from Byrd High in Shreveport, Christian Gulledge (as a Preferred walk-on). He's 6'4", 245 lbs, 4.63 in 40 and is fantastic at catching the ball. Unfortunately, for him Byrd DOES NOT THROW the ball. He went to Tech, LSU, ULL and other camps and did really well. At football camps as a Junior ULL and Northwestern were very interested in him but he did not return the interest because he's really more interested in Tech (his brother currently attends Tech and he likes the direction of the football program)... I believe because of the offensive scheme run at Byrd, Christian has flown way under radar, but he would do really well in Tech's offense, especially if we utilized TE's a little more. I think he will really surprise a lot of people in the right offensive scheme. Does Tech officially announce Preferred walk-ons? I saw an athlete announced it himself on Twitter but does Tech announce walk-ons. I'd be interested to see if it works out.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DawgBark View Post
    I believe Tech is looking at a TE from Byrd High in Shreveport, Christian Gulledge (as a Preferred walk-on). He's 6'4", 245 lbs, 4.63 in 40 and is fantastic at catching the ball. Unfortunately, for him Byrd DOES NOT THROW the ball. He went to Tech, LSU, ULL and other camps and did really well. At football camps as a Junior ULL and Northwestern were very interested in him but he did not return the interest because he's really more interested in Tech (his brother currently attends Tech and he likes the direction of the football program)... I believe because of the offensive scheme run at Byrd, Christian has flown way under radar, but he would do really well in Tech's offense, especially if we utilized TE's a little more. I think he will really surprise a lot of people in the right offensive scheme. Does Tech officially announce Preferred walk-ons? I saw an athlete announced it himself on Twitter but does Tech announce walk-ons. I'd be interested to see if it works out.
    Somebody texted in to Fletcher's show early this week and said he would be walking on at Tech.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    Somebody texted in to Fletcher's show early this week and said he would be walking on at Tech.
    Then hopefully Skip will start using some TE catch out of the T-bone. My limited knowledge of the game yearns for that wrinkle!

Champ stodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by theprofessor View Post
    I have PD on ignore, so I only see his insults when someone else quotes him. It's hilarious that he says I love LSU and the SEC. He's the only person who's ever said that.

I'm not going to explain again how the Associated Press works. It's a subscription service made up of really good journalists, some of the best in the country. AP made a mistake. It happens. Their mistakes are magnified because so many media outlets subscribe to AP.

As far as what I deleted: I posted something that I was told from a West Monroe person about Coleman's recruitment. Someone else posted something contradictory. Since I didn't have first-hand information, I simply deleted my post. I wasn't going to stake my reputation on third-hand information. Apparently, my source was wrong. It happens. Not the first time. Won't be the last.
    What did AP make a mistake about? This question has nothing to do with any "feud" or whatever between you and PD. I didn't even know one existed. Did AP say we didn't pursue Coleman? I thought the WM head coach said that. All I know about it is what I have read on this thread. I don't research recruits as I know nothing about it and rely on this forum for information. Then, I will look at ratings, and to me the most important stat is the avg/player or whatever you would call it. In my view, I have always believed you and PD to be big supporters of our alma mater.

My assumption is that the ratings cited in this thread is overall class, which a rating is derived by some formula that includes the number of recruits and not the avg/recruit. Is that correct?

Champ stodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by DawgBark View Post
    I wish we would. A good TE well used is a helluva offensive weapon. We didn't even use Dennis Morris as much as he should have been, IMO. Is he still in the NFL?

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

An institution canNOT publicize walk-ons until they official enroll in class at that institution.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ Wade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond repute Wade_Antley's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stodgdog View Post
    What did AP make a mistake about?
    I think the AP story had it wrong who hit who in the UAB game. ESPN just reprinted the AP story without checking it.

Champ Wade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond repute Wade_Antley's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cal&Ken View Post
    I seriously wish we could "disown" some of our graduates. All those who believe we should know our place should not get to say they went to TECH.
    Yep

Quote Originally Posted by DONW View Post
    These kids like Coleman and Kendrick Jackson last year know that they can always transfer to Tech after they get homesick or can't cut it at the big SEC school. They go to the big SEC school because that makes them a bigshot to their buddies.
    Yep, or because they have the wrong people in their ears.

So what do all of our recruiting gurus give this years class?? A, B, C, best ever?

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Then hopefully Skip will start using some TE catch out of the T-bone. My limited knowledge of the game yearns for that wrinkle!
    We've have/had a walk on TE on the roster for three years who is the same size and speed as the guy from Byrd. We also have a guy who is a great athlete who we recruited as a QB. He is also listed as a TE but never plays. COYHCSH will never use a TE in his system.

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

I'm very pleased with this year's recruiting class. Some of these signees will be in the NFL in 4-5 years. I'd still like to get a stud graduate transfer at LB.

That's the thing about LA Tech football though. We'll come in #5 or 6 in the CUSA recruiting class 'rankings', but every year we're one of the top 2-3 teams in the league. Our coaches teach some good players how to work to be great!

+ Reply to Thread